Easiest Path To Title Shot: Tyron Woodly?

Conor
Bethe
Holly

Conor fought Holloway, Pourier and Mendes and was 6-0 in the UFC. GTFO. It is not his fault his opponents cannot handle his mental games and injure themselves frequently so he has to fight fighters with a short camp.

Nick diaz, he beat bj penn and got a sjot at the world title, lost, and got another shot at the world title.

Conor fought Holloway, Pourier and Mendes and was 6-0 in the UFC. GTFO. It is not his fault his opponents cannot handle his mental games and injure themselves frequently so he has to fight fighters with a short camp.
Fool,

Conor got the Title shot BEFORE fighting Chad Mendes. That fight was a replacement/interim fight, remember?

Holloway was a no-name... 21 year old... less than 3 years in the game... and coming off a loss to Dennis Bermudez... when he fought Conor.

Conor got the Title shot BEFORE fighting Chad Mendes. That fight was a replacement/interim fight, remember?

Holloway was a no-name... 21 year old... less than 3 years in the game... and coming off a loss to Dennis Bermudez... when he fought Conor.

You can discount anybody's wins but being 6-0 is a better winning streak compared to many first time champs.

You can discount anybody's wins but being 6-0 is a better winning streak compared to many first time champs.

Only 5-0 in the UFC when he got the Title Shot. And the quality of competition matters too, not just the record.

Only 5-0 in the UFC when he got the Title Shot. And the quality of competition matters too, not just the record.
Holloway was still the badass we know him as now a couple years ago. Get off your Conor hate train and accept he beat plenty of legit guys.

NICK DIAZ

^^^^This

Couldn't beat any half decent fighter in the UFC, is kicked out of the promotion, fights 3rd rate guys in the minor leagues, comes back and beats an over-the-hill lightweight, loses to a contender, and gets a title shot.

He's never beat a legit Top Ten WW, yet gets a shot!

Just re-watched UFC 183 (if you're bored it's a great card for a rewatch)... He basically stayed on the cage the whole time and let Gastellum have the center. If that Tyron Woodley shows up on Saturday, Robbie's gonna beat that ass. ;)

Tyron got an easier shot than Hendo. Hendo is a legend of the sport, having competed for 15 years at the top level. His legacy is what got him the title shot.

Holloway was still the badass we know him as now a couple years ago. Get off your Conor hate train and accept he beat plenty of legit guys.
Quality post. You're totally right, Holloway was exactly the same person he was a couple of years ago and obviously had made zero improvements since then. I wish I had half the eyesight you possess, as you seem to be an incredibly knowledgeable person who has been around MMA forever.

Quality post. You're totally right, Holloway was exactly the same person he was a couple of years ago and obviously had made zero improvements since then. I wish I had half the eyesight you possess, as you seem to be an incredibly knowledgeable person who has been around MMA forever.
Not what I said. Holloway has made some improvements, but he's still essentially the same fighter McGregor pulled a horse shoe out of.

You're a fool. 5-0 at a division who's champ was awol is pretty fuckin good

Way better than twoof

Brock Lesnar after beating Heath Herring and only with a 2-1 record gets a title shot.

Nope. Not even top ten.

He beat Condit and Hendricks didn't show up for fight night. TWood did. Winner of Hendricks/Woodley was getting the next shot, but people wanted Robbie/Rory 2 first. Then Condit came along while Woodley was hurt. It all makes sense.

Anderson beat Leben before his title shot.

Not what I said. Holloway has made some improvements, but he's still essentially the same fighter McGregor pulled a horse shoe out of.
He fought a blue belt Holloway on the ground with his kavanaugh brown belt and still couldn't pose any threats.

Back