early stoppage?

Just protecting Siver from getting any more brain damage than was already inflicted on him by Conor. He had absolutely nothing to offer.

Nah Siver was done. Silver looked terrible tonight - hard to judge how good McGregor is based on that.

Just protecting Siver from getting any more brain damage than was already inflicted on him by Conor. He had absolutely nothing to offer.

you dont get brain damage by getting hit on the arms

Herb was quick to draw but you can't really be bothered by it. Siver wasn't going to make it out of the round.

I thought the stoppage was a bit early but Siver was just gonna take more damage before losing-he was done

you dont get brain damage by getting hit on the arms

Because Siver's arms were swollen and bleeding profusely... Bro, how many times do people have to tell you? You've gotta watch the fights with your eyes OPEN. OPEN. Come on now.

Siver turtled and quit. Ref has to stop it. If the ref wouldn't have stopped it, Siver just would've taken more clean shots to the head, and just would have gone totally out. Herb did Siver and his family a favor.

I love that part where siver complains about wanting to continue...oh wait it didn't happen he was done

I like Conor, but all those where hitting the guard. I want to see a finish, and that was a bit lacking. That said...Aldo vs Conor gonna be good.

I like Conor, but all those where hitting the guard. I want to see a finish, and that was a bit lacking. That said...Aldo vs Conor gonna be good.

You've gotta fight back. If you got dropped, turtle, and offer nothing while the dude is dropping bombs, and the ref tells you to fight back and you keep turtling, you can't be mad about the stoppage. Excellent job by Herb Dean.

On one hand, Siver went down after getting his foot stuck in between the canvas and the cage, then got punched in the forearms for 15 seconds while mounted.

On the other hand... he was done, so it doesn't really matter.

On one hand, Siver went down after getting his foot stuck in between the canvas and the cage, then got punched in the forearms for 15 seconds while mounted.

That really sums it up.

I thought it was too early. I wanted to see what Conor would do because most of those punches weren't landing on the ground. I wanted to see if he had the ground game to pin an arm down or maybe pull off a sub.

Siver is already up there in age so why shorten his life further by taking more unnecessary damage? He was done!

i like siver, but he was broken and it was a good stoppage...

That was a perfect stoppage in my opinion. Although he was "defending" himself, he looked like he was just trying survive. Would Siver have had escaped that position and got back to his feet, would he have had landed a clean shot? Possible, but unlikely.

Herb Dean saved Siver from further, unnecessary punishment.

This

and Herb Dean Cheats -
Did you see Fridays Bellator 132 main card Bubba Jenkins v. Georgie Karakayhan fight? Criminal

when Herb asked him to defend himself he threw his legs in the air and covered his head...... last time I checked TS that isnt classed as "intelligent defense" lol

Siver was done

Regardless of whether or not Siver was going to win, it was an early stoppage. He had his hands up and spent about 10-15 seconds taking a few shots. Should every fight stop because the guy is mounted and taking punches? That's called ground fighting.

He wasn't out. He didn't go flat or limp. I like both of those guys. Just think the fight didn't have to end there.

Back