early stoppage?

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
siver was clearly defending himself

another fuck up by herb

Siver didn't want to be in there a second longer. He's probably tanking herb right now.

i was thinking the exact same, tbf Siver looked like he was cabbaged from round 1 alone but when the stoppage came there's no doubt he was still intelligently defending himself, i guess Herb just saved him from further punishment

diamond ripped apart herb on twitter about this

He was just laying there with his hands up. That's not how to intelligently defend yourself.

He was defending himself, but honestly it was just delaying the inevitable. Siver's face was a mess only four minutes into the fight and had nothing for McGregor. His guard was passed effortlessly and it it would have ended eventually.

What did you want to see, Siver get split open with elbows from full mount for no reason?

That was only going one way

good stoppage. siver had given up. did you see the stoppage.

Early as always in situations like this. It doesn't matter that one fighter is expected to win and was winning up until the stoppage. At the time and in that position, Siver was still defending himself.

Siver was getting pounded, but I really hate stoppages like that. It seems like the tactic at the point is to throw as many punches as you can, and wait for the ref to stop it because the guy isn't "defending himself". You know what you do when someone is throwing a barrage of punches at you? You cover up and wait for it to end.

In this instance it wasn't such a big deal. Siver had nothing to offer... but there have been several fights where refs seem to think 20 punches hitting someone's arms = not defending. I hate that shit.

Back