Ear Guard Fit

BoyScout

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't personally know anyone who uses ear guards so maybe someone here can help me out.

I just purchased a pair of brute shockwave ear guards and overall I'm pleased. However, I've found that the chin strap is quite uncomfortable, to the point where I have a hard time concentrating on what I'm doing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also, how tight do you normally wear the chin strap? I could be wearing mine too tight, but if I loosen it too much, they slip off. Has anyone found a happy medium?

Thanks a lot

cliff keen tornado is about as good an earguard as you can get

None of you are answering his question.

I don't personally know anyone who uses ear guards so maybe someone here can help me out.

I just purchased a pair of brute shockwave ear guards and overall I'm pleased. However, I've found that the chin strap is quite uncomfortable, to the point where I have a hard time concentrating on what I'm doing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Also, how tight do you normally wear the chin strap? I could be wearing mine too tight, but if I loosen it too much, they slip off. Has anyone found a happy medium?

Thanks a lot

Well what do you mean by uncomfortable? Is it cutting into your skin? Is it causing abrasions? Perhaps it just that your not used to it yet? Maybe try some other brands or styles?

Thanks DuMax, I'll clarify.

The strap doesn't cut into my skin, but it puts pressure on my throat. At times, it feels as if it's choking me.

I have a Brute also and wear it for BJJ.

I experienced the same choking situation because I wore the head gear tight.

I would feel it choking me even if I wasn't in a hold, the head gear would just choke me.

I loosened the chin strap and wore it loose, getting use to the head gear and the immediate choking sensation when I'd lock up with someone wasn't so bad.

The more that I was use to it, I'd wear it tighter, but it was a matter of getting use to the strap pressure under the chin.

Till this day, I wear the chin strap slightly loose, so that it doesn't choke me.

Thanks DuMax, I'll clarify.

The strap doesn't cut into my skin, but it puts pressure on my throat. At times, it feels as if it's choking me.

As fil said just try leaving them loose and test them out to see if they feel any better. If it is actually choking you and impeding your breathing then try it as loose as possible, however if it only "feels" like it is choking you (while not actually effecting your breathing) then it may just come down to you not being used to the pressure the strap exerts on your chin/throat.

None of you are answering his question.

common sense wud say --losen the straps -so they dont hurt you but at the same time are secure to not come off or move about

Back