News Eagles MMA vs sbg 2

I mean make fun of Artem all you want but he went to TUF finale with straight KO wins and was a UFC fighter

Uriah Hall managed to do the exact same thing but nobody pats him on the back for it because expectations for him were higher and he was capable of much more. Artem, meanwhile, had zero expectations placed upon him and everything he accomplished in the UFC was in spite of his vast limitations.

Has SBG had a single success story? Conor was on top for a minute, but thats all I can think of.
Arterm kinda became successful after the Paulie fight in BKFC, but obviously not the mist successful MMA career

Has SBG had a single success story? Conor was on top for a minute, but thats all I can think of.

Its a garbage gym thats been ridings conors name to the top lol. Hell Conor striking skills arent even from SBG there from a Crumlin Boxing gym. That’s really what won him the fights not SBG training. Overrated gym

Regardless of the outcome of this fight it will NEVER change the fact that Khabib made SGB’s best fighter quit.

Khabib bless

Sbg will win this round
SBG WINS.

Sorry Lads and Ladies.

Zubaira isn't that good.

The people in the Abdulmanap Martial Arts School athletes to look out for other than Khabib are Usman, Umar, Islam. That's it. Maybe they're will be more in the future. Zubaira is mehh

Islam Mamedov is good too, but he just missed weight and had to cancel his upcoming fight.

edit: I forgot about tagir.

Last edited:
John kavanagh seems like a weird dude and not a championship level coach, imo but the reason I picked hakeem, because hakeem was the better talent.

Hakeem should go to ATT or something. SBG is garbage.

I found it ridiculous when Hakeem, a Nigerian dude from canada, tried inserting himself into the beef and meanmugged Zubaira at weight ins, talking about getting one back for the McGregor fight.

As if the beef was just some gym rivalry and not some deeper race/religion war

That said Zubaira looked like trash and doesn't belong in the ufc

I found it ridiculous when Hakeem, a Nigerian dude from canada, tried inserting himself into the beef and meanmugged Zubaira at weight ins, talking about getting one back for the McGregor fight.

As if the beef was just some gym rivalry and not some deeper race/religion war

That said Zubaira looked like trash and doesn't belong in the ufc
You're looking far too deep into it.

He's name is Hakeem, the mean. He has an ugly mug. That's his gimmick.

as far as the gym thing, he's just hyping it.

I agree with your conclusion. Zubaira is not an UFC fighter. He's now 4-2-1 in the UFC.

You'd think a guy who wanted to be ranked would take a very serious approach leading up to this fight. He didn't. It shows in his weight cut, it shows in his preparation, imo.

Just watched fight, not great by any means. Not sure how the missed weight impacted Zuba or anything but whining the guy is running away and not doing shit either is not a good look on yourself as well. Should have been a draw, boring fight. But to say Zuba doesnt deserve to be in the UFC is ridiculous too. He still has better skill and better record than freaking Artem Lobov.

Just watched fight, not great by any means. Not sure how the missed weight impacted Zuba or anything but whining the guy is running away and not doing shit either is not a good look on yourself as well. Should have been a draw, boring fight. But to say Zuba doesnt deserve to be in the UFC is ridiculous too. He still has better skill and better record than freaking Artem Lobov.
Do you think Zubaira will ever become a ranked fighter in the UFC?

Hakeem won that fight. First round was contested. Second round, Zuba, Third round, Zuba ran around away.

The competition is only going to get tougher than Hakeem. If he can't beat Hakeem, maybe he should reconsider his career as a featherweight. Even Khabib's manager, Dan Ige is in the top 10 as featherweight and he's undersized.

Last edited:
Do you think Zubaira will ever become a ranked fighter in the UFC?

I don't know, I think he could but he has to adress his weaknesses and put on some wins, he is definitely not a bad fighter. Why does he insist on taking it to the ground though ? He improved his grappling through training with Khabib, that's a good thing but he's not a grappler by trade, you can see it's not his world.

There is a fine line between being at the bottom of the top 15 and then get to fight for the title. He could have a nice little career as a gatekeeper.

I don't know, I think he could but he has to adress his weaknesses and put on some wins, he is definitely not a bad fighter. Why does he insist on taking it to the ground though ? He improved his grappling through training with Khabib, that's a good thing but he's not a grappler by trade, you can see it's not his world.

There is a fine line between being at the bottom of the top 15 and then get to fight for the title. He could have a nice little career as a gatekeeper.
I have no idea. Maybe he just wanted to mix it up but even then so, he did a terrible job at it. Didn't change levels, kinda just shot in naked and doesn't have the gas tank to wrestle.

I think maybe he did it because his lead leg was being hit and although, it wasn't very hard, it was enough to make him want to stop himself from being kicked. Maybe he thought it would stop hakeem from doing that.

I still think its a pathetic showing from him. No, he's not artem but I don't think he's a ranked fighter. Dan Ige does this sort of part time and Dan Ige is a top 10 FW. Didn't win against kattar, but gave a better showing than I thought he would.

Doesn't sound like he was listening to Khabib and Islam either. He probably thought he did enough to win, decided to play it safe during the 3rd round. Plus he was clearly gassed.

He could be a gate keeper, but is it worth it? If this dude wasn't khabib's teammate, would he still be in the UFC? I think he would be cut. Running around in the 3rd, eh I'm sure if it was someone else, dana would be pissed.

Last edited:
I have no idea. Maybe he just wanted to mix it up but even then so, he did a terrible job at it. Didn't change levels, kinda just shot in naked and doesn't have the gas tank to wrestle.

I think maybe he did it because his lead leg was being hit and although, it wasn't very hard, it was enough to make him want to stop himself from being kicked. Maybe he thought it would stop hakeem from doing that.

I still think its a pathetic showing from him. No, he's not artem but I don't think he's a ranked fighter. Dan Ige does this sort of part time and Dan Ige is a top 10 FW. Didn't win against kattar, but gave a better showing than I thought he would.

Doesn't sound like he was listening to Khabib and Islam either. He probably thought he did enough to win, decided to play it safe during the 3rd round. Plus he was clearly gassed.

It was weird to see him back away like that because he's the one who normally chase his opponents, he's usually pretty fast and explosive. Did he give too much respect to Dawodu ? I don't know. I saw some tweets that gave him 2-0 rounds, nothing really happend so it was hard to judge who did what, if he thought he was 2-0 and then started cruising then that's on him but he won't be the first to come up short like that. Oh well. I just think that putting the blame on Zuba is not fair, both did not do really well and it was also Dawodu's fault.

Zubaira isn't comfortable on the feet if he feels threatened by the other guy, and resorts to wrestling either to disrupt their rythm or to take the path of least resistance.

It was apparent in his fight with Lerone Murphy. Unknown guy who survived the onslaught Zubaira rained on him in the first and then turned him into a wrestler in the following rounds. I think the same would have happened against Aguilar if Zubaira didn't merk him. He'll have a very tough time unless paired with lesser strikers.

Zubaira isn't comfortable on the feet if he feels threatened by the other guy, and resorts to wrestling either to disrupt their rythm or to take the path of least resistance.

It was apparent in his fight with Lerone Murphy. Unknown guy who survived the onslaught Zubaira rained on him in the first and then turned him into a wrestler in the following rounds. I think the same would have happened against Aguilar if Zubaira didn't merk him. He'll have a very tough time unless paired with lesser strikers.
Javier is there in abu dhabi. I wonder why javier wasn't in his corner to help with the striking.

Back