Each punch is different

You're right, its a bit ignorant but your opinion on it is sort of obvious.

Power is deceptive. Look at Nick Diaz. His opponents will tell you his punches hurt he's finished plenty on the feet or starting there but he looks like a pillow puncher.

Yeah I agree. Its like in a fight when guys get hit with what looks like an absolute bomb, and its a solid jab or short right hand that actually ends up finishing the fight.

Actually I just rewatched the Anderson Weidman fight again. Another one where it looked like the KO punch was not nearly as intense as others Anderson walked off earlier in the fight.

I guess thats just just technique, turning your body into it, and mainly where you hit your opponent. But yeah it is somewhat pointless to say Fighter A landed a similar punch of fighter B and C. One survived so he has a better chin.

A lot of things to take into consideration. Was the person already tagged earlier in the fight? Was their chin up? Did the fighter put the same amount of his body weight behind both punches? Was the fighter that got finished coming forward into the punch? Did they both land on the exact same spot (cause a KO shot that lands on the temple or behind the ear might have only wobbled someone if it was an inch or two higher). Definitely not something you can use to judge a chin, especially with HW's

Are people saying Cain has a glass jaw because he got knocked out by Jds and Hunt took a similar punch? I haven't seen anybody saying that. Hunt has a proven iron chin because of a lot of other fights whereas Cain's chin hasn't been proven like that. It's not bad but doesn't seem too good either.

Emjay needs to be more subtle with his sock accounts.

Are people saying Cain has a glass jaw because he got knocked out by Jds and Hunt took a similar punch? I haven't seen anybody saying that. Hunt has a proven iron chin because of a lot of other fights whereas Cain's chin hasn't been proven like that. It's not bad but doesn't seem too good either.

Cain got hit behind the ear by a JDS haymaker and still didn't go out cold. Kongo dropped him only for him to recover immediately and dominate the rest of the fight. Cain's "weak chin" is blown out of proportion.

cant wait to see what kind of punch JDS will use to KO Cain

Haha it is rather ridiculous but I've seen that argument come up several times

Cain got hit behind the ear by a JDS haymaker and still didn't go out cold. Kongo dropped him only for him to recover immediately and dominate the rest of the fight. Cain's "weak chin" is blown out of proportion.

Getting punched behind the ear isn't the best KO spot, it usually messes with your balance though. Now if Cain had taken that punch on the chin, that would be another matter.

Getting punched behind the ear isn't the best KO spot, it usually messes with your balance though. Now if Cain had taken that punch on the chin, that would be another matter.

Yeah agreed, punches behind the ear destroys your equilibrium.

Im sure thats why Cain was out of it for a minute but not unconscious

I was just about to click on this and say "TS and Emjay will be good friends."

I agree though, each punch is different.

I like how so many people say "this is just obvious" yet on sherdog the term "glass jaw" is thrown around like rice at a wedding.

Hunt also got KO'd cold by a powerful MW. Anybody hit at the right spot at the right time can be KO'd.

While I agree with Cain's chin is not proven to be weak and its blown out of proportion, your argument that him getting hit behind the ear and not going out is really stupid. The haymaker did exactly what it should have done. I wouldn't expect him to go out cold with a punch behind the ear but your avatar explains everything.

While I agree with Cain's chin is not proven to be weak and its blown out of proportion, your argument that him getting hit behind the ear and not going out is really stupid. The haymaker did exactly what it should have done. I wouldn't expect him to go out cold with a punch behind the ear but your avatar explains everything.

My avatar explains that I'm a Cain fan. What part of that takes away from my point that he's not glass-chinned, dummy?

Back