Each GOAT contenders biggest win?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that everyone on this forum that there are 4 main contenders for a GOAT within MMA.

Fedor
GSP
Jones
Anderson

What I want to know is, who do people think is each contenders biggest win of their career?

I think I'd have to go....

Fedor - Prime Crocop
Jones - Cormier
GSP - BJ Penn II
Anderson - Chael II

What does everyone else think?

Fedors best win was nog. nog> mirko

Not sure how you can consider Penn a bigger win than Hughes. It's simply not

Fedor - Big Nog 1
GSP - Hughes 2 or 3
Jones - Cormier
Anderson - Vitor or Hendo

Anderson's biggest win is Hendo, imo.

GSP is Hughes and Fedor's is Nogueira I.

Fedor - Nog, Crocop is very close though in my opinion.
Jones - Shogun, Cormier is also very close
GSP - Hughes
Anderson - Henderson

FYI Juicy jones is no longer in contention for GOAT status because he is a cheater.

Minotauro Nogueira went undefeated for seven years fighting virtually every top Heavyweight under the sun if you take his fights with Fedor away from the record.

Fedor's best win easily, and it overshadows any victory the other aforementioned "GOAT contenders" can present.

Not sure how you can consider Penn a bigger win than Hughes. It's simply not

Only chose that because Penn was the LW champ at the time aswell, the 3rd Hughes fight was just behind for me though.

Fedor: Prime Nog I or III
GSP: Penn II or Hughes II
Silva: Hendo or Vitor
Bones: PED Testing

Only chose that because Penn was the LW champ at the time aswell, the 3rd Hughes fight was just behind for me though.

But Hughes was the long time reigning defending champion with a top p4p ranking. Its the better win. I can't think of a single reason the Penn win would be considered better

Anderson - Hendo(unified belts)
Fedor - Either Nogueira win
GSP - BJ Penn II
Jones - Cormier
Aldo - Edgar(quasi superfight/belt unification)

But Hughes was the long time reigning defending champion with a top p4p ranking. Its the better win

I see your point, however Hughes had already beat GSP once, I'm not saying the win was impressive but for me, GSP/Penn was the first and real only 'superfight' that the UFC has had, for me that was more impressive.

All opinions though.

Fedor: Nog I or Cro Crop
GSP: Penn I & II or Hughes II
Silva: Hendo or Vitor
Bones: Cormier or Gus

FYI Juicy jones is no longer in contention for GOAT status because he is a cheater.

Yea....no. Until it is shown he pissed hot on fight night, he is actually found to have used PEDs and not just a recreational drug which can be legally used out of competition, his win over Cormier is changed to a NC, it is shown he has used PEDs for other fight and he is stripped of his belt, he is still GOAT.

Until then, I'll just reply with this GIF for stupid shit posts like this.

tumblr_me9v45s1pd1r4wbhxo1_500.gif

Forgot about Aldo.

I'd go for the Faber fight personally, if not Frankie.

I see your point, however Hughes had already beat GSP once, I'm not saying the win was impressive but for me, GSP/Penn was the first and real only 'superfight' that the UFC has had, for me that was more impressive.

All opinions though.

I don't get your point on Hughes had already beat GSP. Gsp had already beat Pennvas well so I don't understand the double standard there.

Yea....no. Until it is shown he pissed hot on fight night, he is actually found to have used PEDs and not just a recreational drug which can be legally used out of competition, his win over Cormier is changed to a NC, it is shown he has used PEDs for other fight and he is stripped of his belt, he is still GOAT.

Until then, I'll just reply with this GIF for stupid shit posts like this.

tumblr_me9v45s1pd1r4wbhxo1_500.gif

lol .19 t to e ratio, his test jumped 4.4 times and his epi jumped 2.7 times in two weeks.

get your head out the goddamn sand.

Fedor: Nogueira 1 & 2
GSP: Hughes 2
Anderson: Hendo
Jones: Cormier

Back