EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Buying this game tomorrow, or Wednesday. Any patches needed? I remember opponents were difficult to ko in the beta, that is the only complaint that I would have.

I'm actually not that bad at avoiding TKO's from mount. I can usually block and quickly hip bump and transition or just get back to half guard.

The problem is how short the denial windows are for me. It sounds easy to say, just ignore the 1st transition if you think they are faking. Because the entire meta of the game basically encourages lightning quick recognition of the tell, and quick denial. And honestly they dont even half to fake. A quick strike followed by a grapple advantage transition is basically a done deal against me right now. And I dont seem to the only one noticing how difficult it is to stop. I will keep working on it. But damn its frustrating compared to UFC 2

I am with you. I rarely get finished on the ground but I cant get up. The get up denial window is huge and the denial window on bottom for anything seems so small. I can move around from mount/half guard/full guard/side control but I get trapped in a loop of those positions when I am on bottom. I only get out if I hit a reversal from guard and stand up from the top.

The career mode is driving me crazy. It's like you have no power. You can connect on 3-4 straight haymakers and your opponent's head damage meter barley ticks. Then you get hit with the same thing and it's goodnight. Then it feels like I just beat the absolute hell out of my opponent and still lose the UD. Starting my career 1-2. Bout to can it and start all over.
what build you go with? The first time I went with a brawler and did ok but was limited so next time went with well rounded and it seemed to give a boost every where.

Any tips for maximizing your training/money/time in career mode?

Last edited:
Buying this game tomorrow, or Wednesday. Any patches needed? I remember opponents were difficult to ko in the beta, that is the only complaint that I would have.

Yes, patches are needed. The game sometimes feels like you have a 3 second lag, even against the CPU.

Any tips for maximizing your training/money/time in career mode?
look to see what all the workouts do don't really pay attention to the 4 main stats when pick what to spend your weekly points on. Instead look at the top game, bottom game, submission defense, chin, power, heart, and so on. If you're planning on being a grappler then get with that type of gym don't waste points on sparring because if you have a "health event" in there you're fucked. When you start getting 4 to 5 week trainning camps don't over train being 90-95% is good enough. Learning new moves is something you might want to look at when picking a gym the move, perks, and combos will be under gym rewards. The longer you're with a gym the more moves will unlock just look in the fight hype area and do the gym chores when offered. Then there is hyping the fights which is fucking stupid but once you get in the top ten you probably should do it or else your contract might suck. Most of all don't fight a teammate or you have to go to a new gym sometimes they force you to so keep an eye out for whose at what gym.

My body is ready! Unlocks at 9pm PT tonight or 12am EST for those of you that pre-ordered the champions edition.

Reviews are coming in and they aren't bad:

Metascore: 78 http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/ea-sports-ufc-3

conor-mcgregor-ea-ufc-3-cover-xbox-ps-both.jpg

Who are you most excited to play as? I can't wait to go zombie mode with Gaethje in ranked.

Off topic but
<3 Theresa Wayman

I've been burying people in div 4 with Rogan. It's hilarious.

Yeah and uppercuts as a counter are very Inconsistent. Very frustrating
Yea something is off with counters and sways. I think it all comes down to input lag. After the beta the Devs sent out a video on how you can block the 1st strike of a 1-2 combo, and then sway the 2nd. Seemed to work fine in their demo video but online it just doesnt respond in time to be able to do it. You almost have to be predictive in order to sway.

I played a bit last night, and had more success. Im getting there but still need a lot of improvement.

I've been burying people in div 4 with Rogan. It's hilarious.

Lol nice, how is his stamina? I liked using him sometimes in UFC 2, his guard was nasty and he had some fun kicks but his reach and stamina made him hard to use.

Lol nice, how is his stamina? I liked using him sometimes in UFC 2, his guard was nasty and he had some fun kicks but his reach and stamina made him hard to use.
He hits hard up close due to having short limbs (short limb fighters deal more damage up close). Kicks are fun. Stamina is absolute shit haha

what build you go with? The first time I went with a brawler and did ok but was limited so next time went with well rounded and it seemed to give a boost every where.
I went with striker. Thought that would give me more moves than just being a brawler. Will probably do well rounded next time. TDD is absolute shit and the boxing gym doesn't allow you to improve. In my second fight I just ate double legs the entire time. Getting up from the bottom isn't a problem so I didn't get GnP'd but I think my opponent was something like 15/15 takedowns lol

I always knew Joe Rogan would have kicked ass in the UFC. I think I simulated it pretty accurately in an online quick match.

The body hook spamming is getting real old now
Yeah and uppercuts as a counter are very Inconsistent. Very frustrating

Hey.. I saw a twitter vid from a dev and he said the counter to body uppercut spammers is (on xbox) L1 + back on joystick and your fighter perform an advanced rear lunge which makes your opponent wif the body shot and you have a window to counter. Its harder than they made it look but it does work and its a great counter.

I think ranked is bugged. I’m div 4 and I believe I’m playing people in div 2 and 3. Nothing but bad players just punching themselves out and rage quitting when they are in a bad spot

I think ranked is bugged. I’m div 4 and I believe I’m playing people in div 2 and 3. Nothing but bad players just punching themselves out and rage quitting when they are in a bad spot

Probably not a bug, division 4 is pretty quick to get into so you don't need to be very good, I feel like I was in Div 4 after just a few fights and am still there like 50 fights later lol, which seems odd what happened to 1, 2, and 3?

Back