EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't getup from sprawl... for fucks sake. This is why I didn't buy the last one or this one.
Yeah the ground game is worse than the first game, I actually enjoyed the half circles and the lb push to get up. This holding a circle shit needs to change and the rapid tapping of A is even worse.

So I basically played the full 10 hour trial from EA Access I had.

Couple things in no particular order:

- The striking system is awesome, it's still taking a bit to change the muscle memory of moving the joystick away to throw an uppercut but it's so much easier to cue combos together that make sense

- Only issue with the striking system is though I understand why throwing a standing knee or elbow off like a jab is a cunt cause the RT is also the block button so you usually end up feinting a strike and go for the other one only to get blasted.

- The Career mode... I feel like the difficulty artificially ramps up sometimes. Like, I lost to Struve via triangle choke as a kickboxer cause my stats were shite and I got caught basically. First fight back is against Derrick Lewis and this asshole has Olympic caliber takedowns while my TDD stat was at like 90. Now, it might be I can't stop the TDD as well as I did in the last game but hold on to this next bit. I struggle with Lewis but beat him, fight Struve in a rematch and smoke him in like 5 punches, then beat Miocic for the title... with a jab and an overhand right........... How was it easier for me to beat Miocic than fucking Lewis?

- The Devs either lied or the HW roster is screwing me. I've fought Struve 4 times and Rothwell 6 times in this career.

EDIT:
I didn't touch online or Fight Now, this is all strictly in the Career mode which is where I do most of my playing honestly.

Last edited:
I'm so ready. Just won my first Div 6 title on UFC 2 since I came back with probably my most impressive win ever, knocking out a Div 8 guy with a record of 1766-423 in the second round with Michael McDonald.

30th can't come soon enough.

There are like 11 people on PS4 lol. I can't play at all yet. Highest I've seen was 20. I got a single match in 2 days.

There are like 11 people on PS4 lol. I can't play at all yet. Highest I've seen was 20. I got a single match in 2 days.
How are you playing on PS4?

Is block bugged in clinch? How the fuck do you stop knee strikes to the head? I’m holding RT

How is everybody (who has EA early access) enjoying the game? Who are the most common online fighters?

Yeah, knees is RT. body strikes/knees is LT/RT. Also it really takes some time getting used to. But unless you really dislike EA UFC 2, I can't see how anyone would not see this as a massive improvement over the last game. In striking anyway. The grappling is held behind but the striking is a lot of fun now.

Props to Solid_Altair, the gamechanger, for these vids. I post them here and I hope you guys will like them as much as I did. The game isn't perfect but I think they did an amazing job on these fighters and hopefully the rest of them too. I cant wait to use them in matches.

I really liked the beta but I dont think im going to buy this. Just dont have the time right now

Lead elbow appears to be broken, just goes through opponent without causing damage.

The more I play this the more i dislike it
It's not a perfect game by any means. But for me it's the best game we've had yet. By a good margin. The striking alone is so much more sophisticated than anything we've had.

It's not a perfect game by any means. But for me it's the best game we've had yet. By a good margin. The striking alone is so much more sophisticated than anything we've had.

I appreciate the striking I really do but the game just feels way too slow and sluggish.

Are there any good elbow strikes? Rather than the really close quarters elbow from a tight guard?

It's cool that the game releases on groundhog's day, my birthday. Games almosr always release on Tuesdays.

I just hope the striking is better. Being able to slowly spam high kicks and other specials is getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back