Locked EA UFC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I just got a KO in the last second of the last round against Jones. The guy was good, never overcommitted to anything and always lead with the body kick so aside from some 1-2 body > uppercut or a well timed overhand, I couldn't land anything of note aside from some weak kick/jab combos or a rare parry > hook. Neither of us were rocked or knocked down.

And just when I was accepting a decision loss via body kicks, he came at me with a superman punch and I unleashed a right uppercut > left - right hook combo and ended it. I love this game...When I'm not getting submitted.

ATT_1443234911844_20150925_223356_zpsghwo42or.jpg

FYI - I only play as Chuck Liddell or Michael McDonald. I don't why, but I don't want to play as anybody else... Ever.

Make the ground game like ufc 3 and keep the striking with the buttons and add pride mode and old school fighters. That is all.

If anyone wants to play against a good player add me on xbox

Shehatesmyxbox1 is my gamertag.

I've been in the process of working on a pro-board site that will act as a fight league for UFC 2. I know there are a few really good sites out there at the moment. I want to start the first league that will actually pay guys to fight. I'll sign you to a "contract" and pay out accordingly. Granted, fighters who just want to join would be put on a minimum 25 cents to fight/25 cents to win contract, I want to recruit some of the best players in the world and get them going for whatever pay we discuss.

Is this illegal in anyway, and if not, do people think this type of league could succeed?

The goal is to really take off with two weekly cards, one for xbox, one for ps4, and maybe try and get some sponsers to support the league after a while. The money isn't the issue, but for it to really take off I would have to recruit some good competition to get it started.

Opinions???

I've been in the process of working on a pro-board site that will act as a fight league for UFC 2. I know there are a few really good sites out there at the moment. I want to start the first league that will actually pay guys to fight. I'll sign you to a "contract" and pay out accordingly. Granted, fighters who just want to join would be put on a minimum 25 cents to fight/25 cents to win contract, I want to recruit some of the best players in the world and get them going for whatever pay we discuss.

Is this illegal in anyway, and if not, do people think this type of league could succeed?

The goal is to really take off with two weekly cards, one for xbox, one for ps4, and maybe try and get some sponsers to support the league after a while. The money isn't the issue, but for it to really take off I would have to recruit some good competition to get it started.

Opinions???
My services will cost you more than 25 cents

Doubt I'll ever get this looks exactly like the first one in that video of rampage playing. Nearly identical.

Doubt I'll ever get this looks exactly like the first one in that video of rampage playing. Nearly identical.
Then unfortunately you don't have any idea what to look for if you can't see the major differences. This is like saying any sports game looks identical each time out. Does it looks like the same sport as last time? Of course. Not sure what you were expecting to see.

I see an entirely revamped ground game, like, completely different. Does Full guard still look like full guard, Yep. But other than than, transitions, positions, how you achieve them, etc.. all different.

I see much better striking flow and a huge improvement to hit reactions. Is the striking completely revamped? No, but there are still alot of improvements that will make it much more playable - things like fight night style head movement, actual Leg kick damage & TKO's, removal of cheap weak block, short lunges and long lunges, stopping power on more strikes, all new KO physics, I could go on.

Is it perfect, absolutely not. But not sure what you were expecting really.

Whatever dude you could play for a month straight and I'd pick up the controller and whoop you first try
Perhaps.....don't judge the game until you play it 1st hand. Rampage and crew play like button mashing newbs. We will all be playing this in March.

So what is the verdict? It looks like all the problems with the first one still exist as far as the stand up goes. Massive lag from when you push strike to the fighter actually striking, 3 second long damage animations and flash stuns and KO's no matter how good or bad you are doing in the fight. I could be wrong but seems like it is still worlds behind Undisputed 3 and EA MMA.

So what is the verdict? It looks like all the problems with the first one still exist as far as the stand up goes. Massive lag from when you push strike to the fighter actually striking, 3 second long damage animations and flash stuns and KO's no matter how good or bad you are doing in the fight. I could be wrong but seems like it is still worlds behind Undisputed 3 and EA MMA.
This is only the case if you button mash, or you have serious input delay on your tv/hdmi pass through

Just curious, but how do you get any of that from the information that is out there now?

I never really had a problem with input lag, unless my opponent has a terrible connection, which wasn't all that often it's really no different than any other head to head online game experience from time to time.

They did away from the so called "Death rock" that seemingly lasted forever, now the rock state is much shorter and even provides the rocked player with input control to get out of it quickly by moving the right stick left & right quickly.

Flash stuns and KO's are of course part of the game. And I don't know many people who say they shouldn't be. One thing they have done is alot more coding to determine when they occur. So if you get caught trying to throw a big shot or get hit flush with certain combo's it can cause stuns, knock downs, KO's etc.. It's MMA, anyone can get caught. Why not in the game too?

I guess some of us will know how it feels when the beta hits tomorrow. But if you read the Grappling breakdown article, it is looking like it's way ahead of the past MMA games now.

Last edited:
Ea sports on twitch right now with mighty mouse

Don't know if anybody else has posted it yet but here is the WW as of the closed beta:

Jordan Mein
Benson Henderson
Nate Diaz
Nick Diaz
Neil Magny
Ryan LaFlare
BJ Penn
GSP
Carlos Condit
Robbie Lawler
Dong Hyun Kim
Tarec Saffedine
Tyron Woodley
Johnny Hendricks
Rory McDonald
Kelvin Gastelum
Stephen Thompson
Brandon Thatch
Thiago Alves
Erick Silva
Matt Brown
Jake Ellenberger
Tim Means
Demian Maia
Mike Pyle
Hyun Gyu Lim
Hector Lombard
CM Punk
Augusto Montaño
Gunnar Nelson
Royce Gracie
Matt Hughes
Ben Saunders

I think there's plenty of progress made. Groundgame requires no explanation. Stand-up should be a ton better too. I wish there was more stopping power. And I hate how people still aren't effected by long term stamina if they go wild with punches.

But other than that, with all the new defensive tools, and a better (not perfect) damage system, you should be able to punish people that spam, pretty easily.

Looking forward to the beta. Hope some of you will get in there too.

My only hope is that fighters truly have their own styles, and that there are more takedown animations, rather than suplexing someone 12 times over 3 rounds.

I did see Rampage's character throwing a lot of head kicks which leads me to believe that fighters move sets aren't taken from their real life counterparts, but it is just a beta so we'll wait and see.. Either way, it seems to have improved enough and I'll probably buy it day one

Just curious, but how do you get any of that from the information that is out there now?

I never really had a problem with input lag, unless my opponent has a terrible connection, which wasn't all that often it's really no different than any other head to head online game experience from time to time.

They did away from the so called "Death rock" that seemingly lasted forever, now the rock state is much shorter and even provides the rocked player with input control to get out of it quickly by moving the right stick left & right quickly.

Flash stuns and KO's are of course part of the game. And I don't know many people who say they shouldn't be. One thing they have done is alot more coding to determine when they occur. So if you get caught trying to throw a big shot or get hit flush with certain combo's it can cause stuns, knock downs, KO's etc.. It's MMA, anyone can get caught. Why not in the game too?

I guess some of us will know how it feels when the beta hits tomorrow. But if you read the Grappling breakdown article, it is looking like it's way ahead of the past MMA games now.

The rampage video is what lead me to think the striking is still kind of shitty. No verifiable information, I was asking if it was like that more so than trying to say that it was.

I'm not saying the flash KO's/stuns shouldn't exist just that every standup fight shouldn't be like Kongo vs Barry. It seemed that in the first game if you stayed standing someone was getting flash KO'ed and it was usually the one winning the fight up to that point. In real MMA it's rare that you are getting your ass kicked and then randomly KO your opponent.

I always had noticeable input lag even playing offline or if not input lag then the striking animations were just really slow which made me perceive input lag. I just generally didn't find the game very enjoyable compared to the undisputed series and the EA MMA game and clearly I wasn't the only one as EA UFC has the lowest metacritic score out of them all. My record was like 500-5 and I was a red belt so it wasn't like I sucked or didn't understand the mechanics I just didn't have much fun playing it.

I'll buy the new one either way but I'm really hoping that the new one makes some massive improvements. I unfortunately am travelling out of country for the next two weeks so won't be able to see reviews.

This is only the case if you button mash, or you have serious input delay on your tv/hdmi pass through

I have never noticed it in any other game I play so I doubt it's a passthrough issue. I don't think I button mash I was in the top 100 in the rankings for this game as well as all the undisputeds and was #1 on Xbox on EA MMA for most of the time that it was out. I consider myself pretty good at MMA games I just saw EA UFC as a dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back