EA Sports UFC, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't lost yet,

I wish we could change the difficulty to at least medium,

It seems far to easy at the moment.

Been playing the shit out of it for the past 2 hours and I am loving it. Since the computer is on easy, I've been handicapping myself by letting it recover when I hurt him and then wrecklessly brawling. Sometimes it gets the better of me especially when it mixes up takedowns and strikes making it more challenging.

I've been saving a good amount of replays on my PS4 from this game, I just had an awesome back and forth battle, I picked Gus and I brawled it out big time with Jones.

We both hurt each other and kept slugging it out until round 3, in round 2 I rocked him and dropped him, but let him recover. He then proceeded to whoop my ass and drop me twice, one of them I thought was a KO until I realized the fight wasn't over, I was just on the ground, got saved by the bell in that round. Next round we were both wrecking each other and I decided to say fuck it and just brawl till one of us dropped. I ended up KOing Jones with an overhand left.

In another match it was somewhat back and forth, but what made it awesome was that I dropped Jones, could have finished him, but let him recover and get up so I could KO him in style, as soon as he was getting up I went for the tornado roundhouse kick and put him out cold.

Wish I could put the videos on here, as far as I know its only to either Facebook or Twitter, no youtube. Would be interested to see some of you guys best fight highlights too.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2224916/how_to_edit_share_ps4_video_to_youtube.html

Thats a guide to uploading to Youtube. I haven't tried myself tbh but no reason why it wont work.

It took a little time to get use to, (I got mauled the first couple of fights) but it started to blossom from there. First impression is the control scheme is def gonna require some time to get a hang of, but I can see what there reasoning is for a lot of the moves. The ground fighting feels a bit more intuitive (like the developers actually got on a mat and experienced Jiu Jitsu).

The striking is awkward but I honestly think the move sets for Jon and Alex are wild and make for some strange moments, but when it's on, it's on. Gus for instance has some strange timing to his punches and make for a great brawl. I've countered jones with some realistic looking movements and because he was in the middle of punching, got obliterated by my counter.

One gripe is they promised way more dec victories but I've only been to the second round once. Maybe jones and Gus are just power houses? It's not a flawless game and maybe my love for mma makes me gloss over the bad, but I rather enjoy game. I've had at least 1 ko animation look absolutely perfect so it gives me hope.

I got submitted by Gus in the first round of my first fight. Inverted triangle :/

Won my first by second round tko after a back and forth battle. Lost my next two by first round ko then by first round sub. I'm currently at about 13-4. I cant seem to get to grips with the submission system, either trying to finish one or defending.

It's weird. Who am I kidding though, still buying it day 1

Watched a few gameplay videos, the striking looks dreadful, as do some of the knockdown animations.

Also the submission system for UFC 3 was more straight forward.

Watched a few gameplay videos, the striking looks dreadful, as do some of the knockdown animations.

Also the submission system for UFC 3 was more straight forward.

guess who aint got a Xbone or a PS4

guess who aint got a Xbone or a PS4

I considered getting a PS4 just for this game (none of the current console exclusives strikes me fancy) but figured it would be better to wait and see.

It was tempting, being in the US for a couple of weeks with the PS4 for just $400 (it's more like $2000 here), but now I realize it would not have been a sound investment.

I played it for an hour last night. I used the first two fights to get used to the controls, won both in 3rd round.

Once I had the controls down, I beat Gus in 15 seconds via power double, transition to mount, hellbows. Did the same to Jones in 34 seconds.

Then I tried my first sub, success, Gus wins via kimura.

Sub system is cool, it will bring some fast paced skills to the sub game. Striking is great, takedowns are overpowered but easily stuffed if you just hold RT+R down.

Elbows from top control took a few minutes to figure out, but its RB+LB+Y (or X). They are overpowered, need to be nerfed.

Transition blocking took a few minutes to learn, and it's still the most difficult skill to master.

All in all, a phenomenal game. Not sure why everyone is whining. I love it.

but easily stuffed if you just hold RT+R down

I literally haven't stuffed a single takedown in a good 10 matches, don't know what I'm doing wrong. It worked in the tutorial. Fortunately getting up is a lot easier than in the Undisputed games. Aside from that, I'm also having trouble with blocking transitions and just initiating subs.

Can you not knock the guy down from doing a lot of leg damage? Was watching a guy on twitch and he was using all leg kicks...he did massive damage to the legs, but not once did I see Gus go down because of his beat up legs...I loved in Undisputed how you could knock guys down by destroying their legs...and even win by stoppage...is that not doable in EA?

I literally haven't stuffed a single takedown in a good 10 matches, don't know what I'm doing wrong. It worked in the tutorial. Fortunately getting up is a lot easier than in the Undisputed games. Aside from that, I'm also having trouble with blocking transitions and just initiating subs.

Haha. You have to stop all striking and push RT+R down at least a half second before he gets to you. The timing window is so small that it needs to be patched. However, striking as he's shooting also blocks takedowns, a bit too easily IMO.

I never have to defend takedowns because I shoot first always haha.

The transition blocking is the hardest part of the game, and will certainly be patched.

Initiating subs is just RB+R quarter rotation. The key is using your peripheral vision to look for the L that pops up for a half second while ur blocking his defense. Once you see it, flick L stick in that direction immediately and it resets his defense meter and fills the progress meter. I believe it was 3 or 4 successful L flicks to finish the sub.

some questions i have that hopefully someone can answer...

- So to sprawl a takedown is R2 and down on the right analog stick... So how does a fighters takedown defense factor into this? Is there any difference between a fighter with a low takedown Defense to a fighter with a high takedown defense?

- The submission game... when moving the stick in the different directions, am i holding it in the direction... or tapping it in that direction multiple times?

This game left a sour taste in my mouth so far but im hoping that its simply because i dont understand the controls yet

I am garbage at this game. Gus continues to murder me even though I land plenty of full stamina, flush to the dome high kicks. Should have known since I wasn't good at the other ones either.

Other than the occasional clunky strike animation, I'm loving it. I can't wait for this game to drop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back