EA Sports UFC, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't do a poll but I wanted to know what everybody's first impression was on the gameplay, graphics etc.

For the TLDR people I think this game needs allllloooottt of work.

For me so far I'm really not digging it. In the previous games I could stick out my jab, pop a hook to the body, follow up with a leg kick and get out the way before my opponent knew what hit him. I didn't have the best of takedown defense but I stuffed a most of them. Submission system sucked but I'd score them when I could. I could kill with my jab and outside leg kick all day and my double leg was excellent.

EA UFC just feels clumsy. The striking feels rushed and flashy technique oriented, along with the defense system that is workable but there's practically none.
The ground game feels way oversimplified, and defense from strikes on the bottom is confusing.

The demo is on easy mode so that makes a difference. And it's only a DEMO. It's a beta that they probably put together months ago. When EA MMA came out people had all sorts of problems with it, but it was fixed by the time the game out a month later.

The game is going to be great and I am also buying my ps4 when this game comes out

Downloading the demo right now. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

I just wish that they actually implemented a system where leg kicks and jabs are actually relevant. Body kicks seemed to damage in the gameplay footage I saw on Youtube, so that's kind of nice.

It's crap. Basically a bunch of button mashing and just throwing power shots. I KOd Jones in like 15 seconds by just spamming flying knees.

Yeah like Taxman said you can only play on easy in the demo so of course you're crushin people in the first round now. And the real challenge is going to be online anyway.

Looks amazing. Graphics are next level.
Bruce Buffer sounds weird.
Undisputed 3's gameplay was better, as far as I can tell from the demo.

Those are my thoughts.

The striking feels weirdly sloppy compared to the robotic striking of the past

barely. I was getting rocked, and caught him with multiple spin kicks.

I actually win easier with Gus. Getting the mount, and finish

I couldn't figure out the ground game or clinch. I even checked out the tutorial twice to make sure I got it right, but none of the things seem to work like in the tutorial. In fact even though I go through all possible buttons often times I can't seem to do anything on the ground or the clinch. At least when playing as Gus.
Not too worrying though, Jones doesn't seem to do much from the top anyway and most of the time he just let's you get up.

Striking on the other hand seemed very easy after I got the hang of it. I just kept KOing Jones in the first 10 seconds multiple times in a row. Just wait for him to strike (no need to block) and then hit him back.

The game as a whole seemed very stiff.
The demo is on easy mode so that makes a difference. And it's only a DEMO. It's a beta that they probably put together months ago. When EA MMA came out people had all sorts of problems with it, but it was fixed by the time the game out a month later.
I am not too confident about this. I have played in enough EA betas to know that their releases are buggy too. It's actually quite funny how they always use the "it's an old build from months ago" excuse even though the actual release still has all the same bugs.

You can still do all the stuff you mentioned. Play around with it more. Manage your stamina since you strike faster when you have full stamina. Play around with dashing in and out by flicking the left stick. Make use of jabs and straights, especially after parries. The striking is brilliant IMO and a far cry above the robotic striking of past UFC games. It just takes getting used to.

Just tried the demo.

The sway-mechanics of the earlier games are sorely missed. Striking feels too random now. It's like rock-paper-scissors between different strikes and fighters just keep throwing shit all the time.

I also don't like the fact that you can't throw extra shots after getting a knockdown.

I've been playing it for a good while now, put in about 2 hours or so and I must say I am actually loving it, the computer is only set to easy and cant change it, but I handicap myself and brawl with the computer, then when I rock him I back off and let him recover and go back at it again. It makes for some fun matches. I will definitely be picking it up.

I personally really like it... I've been trying out loads of different stuff, for example spending the whole fight working on clinch stuff etc...since there is no practice mode...only thing I haven't been able to do is get a ko via leg kick, does anyone know if its possible to chop someone down for a tko? both gus and jones leg kick moves are quite week though so maybe I need aldo or something

Been playing the shit out of it for the past 2 hours and I am loving it. Since the computer is on easy, I've been handicapping myself by letting it recover when I hurt him and then wrecklessly brawling. Sometimes it gets the better of me especially when it mixes up takedowns and strikes making it more challenging.

I've been saving a good amount of replays on my PS4 from this game, I just had an awesome back and forth battle, I picked Gus and I brawled it out big time with Jones.

We both hurt each other and kept slugging it out until round 3, in round 2 I rocked him and dropped him, but let him recover. He then proceeded to whoop my ass and drop me twice, one of them I thought was a KO until I realized the fight wasn't over, I was just on the ground, got saved by the bell in that round. Next round we were both wrecking each other and I decided to say fuck it and just brawl till one of us dropped. I ended up KOing Jones with an overhand left.

In another match it was somewhat back and forth, but what made it awesome was that I dropped Jones, could have finished him, but let him recover and get up so I could KO him in style, as soon as he was getting up I went for the tornado roundhouse kick and put him out cold.

Wish I could put the videos on here, as far as I know its only to either Facebook or Twitter, no youtube. Would be interested to see some of you guys best fight highlights too.

I personally really like it... I've been trying out loads of different stuff, for example spending the whole fight working on clinch stuff etc...since there is no practice mode...only thing I haven't been able to do is get a ko via leg kick, does anyone know if its possible to chop someone down for a tko? both gus and jones leg kick moves are quite week though so maybe I need aldo or something

It's been said in interviews that leg kick TKOs are not possible (for balance reasons I think), but you can make them limp.

Also, body tkos are in... :redface:

It's crap. Basically a bunch of button mashing and just throwing power shots. I KOd Jones in like 15 seconds by just spamming flying knees.

Demo is on easy. Play against a human. Power shot spam doesn't work. You will get parried and lit up since those moves have huge wind-ups.

It's been said in interviews that leg kick TKOs are not possible (for balance reasons I think), but you can make them limp.

Also, body tkos are in... :redface:

hmm thats a little disappointing, gus's leg was welted up to fck and I was sure it was coming lol, what it does do is slow them down, make them unable to kick for a short period and make leg locks easier which is not worth the risk considering you can get KO'd much easier by getting hit in the face... If there's no leg kick TKO's I guess there's no slam KO's? some of the suplexs are brutal and should defo lead to KO

The grappling system is quite complex and I can see it having a high reward if you get good at the grappling

I'm feeling it first KO I've capped

[YT]MVLlwDaDX4A[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back