EA Sports UFC, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
New console for the game?

Lol

You fool

try the video game section

Not just for that game alone but it was something that was making me want the console. I've bought all the MMA games for a while and sorry I didnt realize there was one...it does have to do with UFC though so it's not completely out of category.

I enjoyed it. Demo is too easy for me though, I need a challenge .

looks great, plays decent..ground game is very bad, and KO's/knockdowns are too easy to accomplish, especially considering Gus and Jones have never been KO'd or knocked down in real life

I played it on Xbone and I don't like it. There is no strategy with it. I like the submission battle though. The striking is completely unrealistic.

Everyone thinks that until they play against someone who is good online.

Can't judge yet.

Lemme ask this though, do jabs and light strikes matter?

looks great, plays decent..ground game is very bad, and KO's/knockdowns are too easy to accomplish, especially considering Gus and Jones have never been KO'd or knocked down in real life

Indeed, its fairly unrealistic in how easy KOs are.

I managed an 8 second knockout in my third fight, only my first fight has left the first round and every single fight has finished by a full on knockout, complete with Etim arms.

Still, good fun. A difficulty setting would be much appreciated.

Lemme ask this though, do jabs and light strikes matter?

Not in the slighest. Had fights where I was being outstruck 3 to 1, but at no point was in trouble.

From what I can see, the striking is essentially the first person to land a powerful counter and a couple of decent strikes afterwards, or the first person to land 5-6 hard head strikes in 10 seconds or less.

too many flash knockouts and spinning shit

this happens to me a lot, im dominating the fight , then suddenly a spinning kick lands and out of nowhere im rocked and cant cover the head, then another kick and im out. This needs to be patched

Last edited:
That's the only hope I really have as I only really play offline. EA MMA demo was very blah but the full game felt much easier to play.

wish the striking was like ea mma was more fun other then that game fine

How did everyone do on their very first match? I KO'd Gus 2:30 into round 3 with a superman punch. I had his face pretty bloodied up by the end of round 2. I love the blood in this game.

Post your first experience.

First fight I KO'd Gus with a hook in Round 1. Felt great and looked great. Been hooked on the demo ever since.

Huh? How is that weird? With Undisputed 3 and EA MMA I mainly played offline as well. The career modes in both games were fun, and Undisputed 3 had Pride mode where you can do tournaments, and event mode which was a ton of fun. Career mode in EA UFC so far looks like a blast, so that'll be the first thing I do after getting the controls down.

Recorded a game clip of it. Spinning kick knock down followed by punches for the tko

Been playing multi player with family, its FUN AS SHIT!

Cant Wait to COF and use other fighters as well... pre-ordering it this friday.

Best fighting game ive played to date.

To OP, I kicked the shit out of my nephew. Discovering new moves and applying them is great. Also, stamina management is awesome.. having a blast.

Huh? How is that weird? With Undisputed 3 and EA MMA I mainly played offline as well. The career modes in both games were fun, and Undisputed 3 had Pride mode where you can do tournaments, and event mode which was a ton of fun. Career mode in EA UFC so far looks like a blast, so that'll be the first thing I do after getting the controls down.

I'll definitely be playing offline primarily. Knockouts are a bit too random which could get frustrating and the moveset seems to be way too diverse, with Gus and Jones both pulling off a ton of sweeps (the last thing I want is going against Velasquez or Jones constantly sweeping me into mount online).

I'm just saying, it's really pretty simple when you break it down.

And how is it a harder button input to stop a takedown than it is to execute one? A basic single leg takedown is L2 and a Quarter Circle, which last I checked is more complex than R2 and Down.

Personally, I think you're overreacting to the demo. It's Jon Jones, likely a top 5 rated wrestler in the game, so his TD's are going to be very difficult to stop.

Also, you're new to control scheme, which means your input to defend is going to be slower than normal, & it's the demo. I recall the EA MMA demo was a TD and Reversal fest, but the full game was not. And if it's a major issue after release, they can easily patch the game to fix the denial window in order to balance it.

If anything the takedown defense windows were way too large on EAMMA, if you had above an 80 in TDD, you weren't getting taken down unless you missed spinning strike, or said fuck it I don't care and didn't defend.

Just finished another war with Gus, I rocked him and he stumbled back but landed against the cage and stayed on his feet, then he came forward again and I uppercutted him and rocked him again, this time knocking him down and I went for the TKO but he survived. In the next round we beat on eachother some more and he ended up roundhouse kicking me in the head and knocked me out. It was a back and forth battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back