Ea sports ufc sucks

If you are a UFC champion you should be in the game, point blank. Charge us the EA $4.99 for extra fighters but they should DLC current Champs until the next release drops.

No UFC game ever has done anything like that. It's bullshit to fault EA when they actually have put quite a few fan favorites and title contenders in to the game.

If you are a UFC champion you should be in the game, point blank. Charge us the EA $4.99 for extra fighters but they should DLC current Champs until the next release drops.

They gave every new champion for free (As they should, but hey, atleast they did). The WMMA 115 division did not exist in the game. They probably didn't even knew they were going to add it to the UFC when they locked the roster down.

Unrealistic expectations. They were not going to make an entire new division and the 8~ish fighters that would require to be able to play it at all.

Why do you want to be charged more for extra fighters? To EA's credit, they did include a shit-ton of fighters post-release through the numerous updates. Ideally, they would have the Top 15 plus a few extra known fighters, and make DLC for when new fighters get into the Top 10.

No I havent, I played 09 and 10

And UFC 3 did the same thing, it was infuriating. I don't know what that guy is smoking. EA UFC has by far the most satisfying finishes of any MMA game.

I liked EA MMA a lot.
EA UFC seemed robotic and unrealistic. Like someone here mentioned, you can kick someone 60 times in the head.

Yes thats true, im sure that was there intention, maybe because it would put off many (casual) gamers if every match could end in a few seconds. The loading time alone would suck each time. But then again the controls are already way to much for many people who try out the game.

But yeah i agree, i would also like to see more realism, let say if fights can end much quicker like in the real world, that the loading times are much shorter or something else to prevent that.

Also would like to see a change in the unrealistic movesets of the fighters.

I think to make a good MMA game is one of the most difficult things for developers. Just the variety of movements, different figting styles (and so much more) are pretty demanding. It needs so many buttons that the controls can easily end overloaded, but then again, if they try to keep it too simple, then it will always lack something.

I think to make a really fantastic and sophisticated MMA game would need at least 2 years, or rather 3 years in development time. To have a great career mode, a great roster, each fighter with realistic and individual movesets and motions (doesnt even need motion capture for that), challenging but fluent controls, proper online functions with leagues and rankings and most importantly no lags, a great creation mode (uploading fotos for faces and music for entrances would be havenly).

I guess as long as EA will make the games, we will not see anything like this any time soon. They obviously want to spend as lil time as possible for the developments of games, and they tend to bring out sequels every year. If they really try to improve the actual gameplay to make it as best as possible, then it might happen after 2 games or so.
But if they once again start from scratch after this game, then it will be most likely not that great.

Undisputed 3 definitely had the most realistic career mode. I also enjoyed that in Undisputed 2 you could actually give answers in post-fight interviews and make other choices that lead to you having different dynamics with different opponents.
Totally agree. I also loved on 2010 how you would have to plan your training to even out "preparedness and stamina" that was neat. You could overtrain. I really think THQ had a great thing with 3.

I guess as long as EA will make the games, we will not see anything like this any time soon. They obviously want to spend as lil time as possible for the developments of games, and they tend to bring out sequels every year. If they really try to improve the actual gameplay to make it as best as possible, then it might happen after 2 games or so.
But if they once again start from scratch after this game, then it will be most likely not that great.

That's not really fair, under "EA" falls a variety of studios, and while EA is in it for the money, the developer that I have spoken with on the forum is very passionate about his job. The fact that they skipped 2015 and took the time to develop further, shows they are not just in it to pump out a game with minimal improvement and updated roster each year. I'm sure they would have liked to do it if they could, but they are not going to get away with it at this point. They need alot of work in their game and I'm sure it will happen.

The movesets were ridiculous. We've complained about that a lot. There's no way they missed it, and I'd be very disappointed if they do that again. But I think they got the message.

The 60 times headkicks thing was just bad. Nobody wants an arcade MMA game. We complained about that too. There's something being teased that is likely going to be "Stopping Power", so if that comes out in the next few weeks, I'm sure the 60 headkicks thing will no longer be an issue. It might only take 20 then, lol. But no, seriously, we've complained a lot about these things and I hope they got the message and it will show in the sequel.

We've not heard much about striking for EA UFC 2 but the grappling aspect was often discussed with simulation in the same sentence, so I doubt they are going to go for such an arcade-ish striking system again.

As for 2K. People like to think that 2K would do a much better job. But the reality is that their attempt at WWE was rather lacklusted and lacked depth. And unlike EA UFC, they were actually handed a finalized version. They didn't have to make a jump to next-gen, they were already on there. And they did charge for DLC and Season Passes.

2K would not get into MMA because it's simply not the easy money that some people like to think. Undisputed 09 sold a ton, but after that it was all downwards as far as sales go. Undisputed 3 hardly broke even.

I for one am glad we even have an MMA game after THQ went out.

And UFC 3 did the same thing, it was infuriating. I don't know what that guy is smoking. EA UFC has by far the most satisfying finishes of any MMA game.

No it didn't and you obviously never played the game. You can follow up after you KO someone in undisputed 3. This is something you can youtube for christ sake. Idk why people love to make them selves seem like ignorant fools on the Internet. UFC undisputed 3 has much higher review rating then EA UFC.

I love the mobile game. And it's free.

Hate to admit it, but I've been smashing that game... Unlocked 60 or so fighters and completed it with 10.

Some of the moves they've given people is hilarious, like Bispings's catwheel kick or Chaels flying knees...

The finishes were patched in EA UFC. At release, it was pretty horrible. You were given a cutscene and that was it. Later on, through patches, you could follow up with punches. Made it a lot better. But still, should have been in there from the start.

Undisputed 3 was a better game. EA UFC was never going to beat it with their 1,5-2 years of development.

Got a lot more hours of fun with EA UFC though. Their servers actually worked unlike Undisputed 3, was a fucking mess.

No it didn't and you obviously never played the game. You can follow up after you KO someone in undisputed 3. This is something you can youtube for christ sake. Idk why people love to make them selves seem like ignorant fools on the Internet. UFC undisputed 3 has much higher review rating then EA UFC.
Bullshit I didn't play that game. I played the ever loving hell out of it. I just never got to play multiplayer which I heard was terrible. I would exploit the event glitch to have open weight fights more than anything. From what I remember, the follow up was when you rocked them and you could finish from there. A clean KO had you standing there doing nothing, and you almost ALWAYS had to rock them 2 to 3 times before that clean KO. Maybe I was slightly wrong, but the finishes felt incredibly generic with no variation at all. EA's finishes are infinitely more organic and varied.
Yes thats true, im sure that was there intention, maybe because it would put off many (casual) gamers if every match could end in a few seconds. The loading time alone would suck each time. But then again the controls are already way to much for many people who try out the game.

But yeah i agree, i would also like to see more realism, let say if fights can end much quicker like in the real world, that the loading times are much shorter or something else to prevent that.

Also would like to see a change in the unrealistic movesets of the fighters.

I think to make a good MMA game is one of the most difficult things for developers. Just the variety of movements, different figting styles (and so much more) are pretty demanding. It needs so many buttons that the controls can easily end overloaded, but then again, if they try to keep it too simple, then it will always lack something.

I think to make a really fantastic and sophisticated MMA game would need at least 2 years, or rather 3 years in development time. To have a great career mode, a great roster, each fighter with realistic and individual movesets and motions (doesnt even need motion capture for that), challenging but fluent controls, proper online functions with leagues and rankings and most importantly no lags, a great creation mode (uploading fotos for faces and music for entrances would be havenly).

And in that 3 years, the roster becomes extremely outdated and people complain about that. There won't be a perfect MMA game. But they're getting better.

Anyway, my #1 hope for EA UFC 2 is that Fedor can somehow end up in there.
I would never use anyone else. I hope they can sign him.

The 'finishes' are some of my biggest gripes with the game. They're so unsatisfying, that I purposely fight to a decision, because winning on points is more satisfying than knocking the other guy out. Seriously, if I KO with a flying knee, I expect them to drop like they've been shot, instead. They freeze up, and take a good few seconds to slowly slump forward. Too unrealistic to look past, UFC 3's KO animations were spot-on.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I can't believe people really feel this way. It's the Heavies I guess though, infamous for its mouth breathing imbeciles.

The 'finishes' are some of my biggest gripes with the game. They're so unsatisfying, that I purposely fight to a decision, because winning on points is more satisfying than knocking the other guy out. Seriously, if I KO with a flying knee, I expect them to drop like they've been shot, instead. They freeze up, and take a good few seconds to slowly slump forward. Too unrealistic to look past, UFC 3's KO animations were spot-on.

I'm not really a fan of the KO animations either, I think there's only a few. Definitely not ragdoll. Hopefully they'll get that in the next game.

I'm not really a fan of the KO animations either, I think there's only a few. Definitely not ragdoll. Hopefully they'll get that in the next game.
They need to watch some fights, and see how KO's really look. Like when the knees buckle and they fall backwards, for example. It doesn't take five minutes after getting hit to slowly and dramatically fall the ground.

Back