Ea sports ufc sucks

True. I played many hours but i always had problems with completely understanding the ground game. I knew how to get submissions but somethimes i had very big problems when someone like Vealsquez taked me down and i was Mark Hunt. Just couldnt get up in any way...

Ufc 3 was ruined by people who learned to perfectly overlap reversals and transitions, there was literally nothing you could do

They would either finish you or win by decision

The fact they have a whole division and Champion (Jedrzejczyk) not updated into the game is pathetic. There are other flaws in the game but the rosters are a joke.

The fact they have a whole division and Champion (Jedrzejczyk) not updated into the game is pathetic. There are other flaws in the game but the rosters are a joke.

Adding a whole new division would seem a lot of work to EA considering that game was a flop at the start

I'd rather they spent that time fixing game play issues or making the second game better

Just bought ps4 and ufc game and it blows great graphics but career mode is just bad and there is no event mode.thq did a better job in my opinion

The game is great, it just a lot harder than the previous ones.

I know it sucks to suck but that is your only option atm.

The online is pretty fun until you get to red belt where everyone puts you in the thai clinch and just knees you in the head, for some reason you can't block this and have to grapple out

This is fine but they land two knees to the head and just immediately re - clinch once you escape so there is little you can do

It is better than ufc 3 in the way you can no longer lay and pray your way too a decision as it is easier to stop take downs as long as you don't throw loads of head kicks

A google search would solve that problem for you and it would take less time than you`ve spent writing this post.

It is unbelievable how lazy some people are.

Everything which came after the inital UFC game on DC until UFC undisputed 2009 was mediocre or terrible.

The first UFC game on the DC was fantastic for its time, all the accolades from game reviewing websites and magazines prove that, it really was universally acclaimed.

UFC Tapout on Xbox was pretty much the same as the DC game, which was already like 2 years old, with a laughable Career Mode and exactly the same Gameplay without any enhancements.

Tapout 2 on Xbox was exactly the same shit, almost no new stuff and the same terrible "carrer mode" like from Tapout 1 and Throwdown.
The create a fighter mode was so bad, even the N64 Wrestling games, one of them being Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (only in japan), had thousand times better charakter creation modes, and VPW2 even has a MMA mode, which for the times was pretty good and still is fun, and it also has a bunch of MMA fighters, like Sakuraba, Rickson Gracie, Bas Rutten, Enson Inoue, Don Frye, Funaki ect

Throwdown (PS2/NGC) was the same as Tapout 1 and 2, EXACTLY the same gameplay with virtually no improvements, and as i already mentioned it had the same shitty "career mode", and the same terrible CAF.

UFC Sudden Impact was the first game which had an somewhat ok Career Mode, but still nothing compared to the career mode from other genres, there was so much more possible. And it still had the exact same engine, almost nothing changed in those 4 years (since the dreamcast version).

No one wouldve said anything if they wouldve tried something new or if they at least wouldve vastly improved the engine, but it was the same engine, which was already 4 years old at that point, always the same modes, always a abysmal Career mode (beside Sudden impact, which still wasnt great at all though) and always a shitty CAF mode.

The controls were a travesty, the responsiveness was really bad.
I wont mention graphics, because thats not the most important thing for me, gameplay and variety comes always first.

And guess what, even the 2 Pride games on PS2 (Pride FC and Pride GP) have also the same engine, whereas Pride FC was ok thanks to its roster (but still the same shallow gameplay and engine + no career mode at all, not even a shitty one), Pride GP totally sucked. You instantly saw that its from the same developers as the UFC games (anchor).

The first good MMA game since UFC on DC (obviously for its time) was Undisputed 2009, which of course still had a lot to improve.
The 2010 Version was a bit better and had a good Career mode.
But Undisputed 3 is really still the best MMA game to date.

The only thing i still didnt like was the CAF mode (and still doesnt seem to be good in EA UFC), its really impossible to create authentic fighters who are not in the game. That really has to improve a lot.

I have not played EA UFC yet, but from what ive heard its mediocre at best.

EA

Game is awful when you realize they took several steps back from UFC 3:

-No ability to switch weight classes.
-No title vs title dream matchups,
-CONSTANT interruptions with stupid fight videos that become ridiculously outdated (Carlos Condit wishing me well at UFC 310, really?)
-Unneeded training as you can simply win the fight and have more than enough points to get your fighter at 100 overall.
- No broken bones/doctor stoppages (inexcusable)

The biggest slap in the face is the inability to make your fighter 100 in all stats, particularly if you are a LHW or HW, your cardio is pathetic as you cannot throw more than a few shots without gassing your arms and waiting for them meter to go back. Yet fighters like Jones have no problem throwing shots after shot with no issue.

The game looks amazing, but the ground game, lack of options for career just make it a no for me now. Don't pay over 10 bucks for it.
UFC 3 had a terrible career mode. I played through it once to get a created fighter with stats above 80 so I could clone him through a glitch. I mean seriously, you're telling me UFC 3 was better when you couldn't even make a competent fighter without grinding through a whole career OR paying for immediate stats with a microtransaction. Switching weights meant practically nothing and the whole dream title matchups is just nonsense. EA UFC blows UFC 3 out of the water.

Was the division even around when the game came out? UFC 3 didn't have 125 or women in it at all, and it's missing a ton of fighters. That's just nitpicking. People want to hate on this game for any reason, I guess because it's EA. But they did a good job.

Rosters get locked well in advance, sometimes a year ahead of release. There were some top contenders missing that they corrected through DLC. Missing Dillashaw when he was fighting for the title was a pretty big mistake. But other than that its not easy to predict who's going to be relevant when you release your game.

As for 125 WMMA, that was obviously never going to happen. Division wasn't even around when the game came out. The TUF season that led to the division was only just getting started.

Undisputed 3 was the result of 6 years of development, 3 different games.
EA UFC was build in 2 years from the ground up, other than a few animations from EA MMA.

EA UFC was very lacking in modes and should not have been released with as little content as it had, but anyone who took the previous statistics in consideration would have known that it was never even going to be able to compete with Undisputed 3 in terms of depth.

To be fair, gameplay was/is also pretty shitty. Hopefully the follow up will yield much improvement but I honestly doubt it

Rosters get locked well in advance, sometimes a year ahead of release. There were some top contenders missing that they corrected through DLC. Missing Dillashaw when he was fighting for the title was a pretty big mistake. But other than that its not easy to predict who's going to be relevant when you release your game.

As for 125 WMMA, that was obviously never going to happen. Division wasn't even around when the game came out. The TUF season that led to the division was only just getting started.

Nick Diaz and Anthony Johnson were the only relevant fighters they bothered to put in, and they were paid DLC. EA UFC has put in quite a few big guys that weren't on the initial roster, and was totally free.

And UFC 3 had the most robotic striking and knockouts that felt super canned and entirely unoriginal. Every knockout was the same after 10 fights with no option to follow up. Literally the only thing they had was Pride mode which EA MMA did first without a license.

Nick Diaz and Anthony Johnson were the only relevant fighters they bothered to put in, and they were paid DLC. EA UFC has put in quite a few big guys that weren't on the initial roster, and was totally free.

And UFC 3 had the most robotic striking and knockouts that felt super canned and entirely unoriginal. Every knockout was the same after 10 fights with no option to follow up. Literally the only thing they had was Pride mode which EA MMA did first without a license.

I think UFC 3 was a much better game than EA UFC. But that's to be expected, they had 6 years to do so after all.

EA UFC had free DLC but the fighters really all fought the same. I'm happy they did the DLC but in hindsight, the characters really didn't add that much.

I do believe EA UFC has the most solid base for a franchise to continue working on. I have high expectations for the sequel. Especially because it is quite unusual to feel heard by developers, I can't think of any other EA games that has that happening right now.

I still enjoy playing EA UFC to this day. Undisputed 3 was already sold again. I definitely didn't keep that around for a year.

To be fair, gameplay was/is also pretty shitty. Hopefully the follow up will yield much improvement but I honestly doubt it

No doubt. It really lacked depth. I do feel that EA UFC was a game that just had to reach the stores quickly. I don't believe that a team known for boxing games could be satisfied with the striking that game offered.

But we'll see. The addition of feints confirmed for EA UFC 2 already adds some depth in that regard. Now the rest.

So is EA going to release a UFC game annually like FIFA or Madden. Nope, so 5 years later we get a straw weight division. The rosters suck, no debate about it. Overall it is a decent game, graphics main reason for that.

So is EA going to release a UFC game annually like FIFA or Madden. Nope, so 5 years later we get a straw weight division. The rosters suck, no debate about it. Overall it is a decent game, graphics main reason for that.

Every 2 years. EA UFC 2 will come out in 2016.
Straw weight was considered for DLC as well as extra modes but unfortunately never happened. But that's something that will definitely make EA UFC 2 then I guess. Although they are quite obvious ones.

I liked EA MMA a lot.
EA UFC seemed robotic and unrealistic. Like someone here mentioned, you can kick someone 60 times in the head.

Yeah I hated that about THQ games too... once you KO someone, they fall in dramatic fashion and your fighter instantly stops swinging..

You obviously have not played undisputed 3.

What's so bad about it?

I don't have a lot of time to play video games but I just picked up undisputed 3 for my 360 - I really only like career mode, it's not bad accept that when you get past your first 5-7 fights you get a lot of rematches. 6 of my 7 title defenses were against the 6 people I beat before getting the title, I was picturing sherdog threads during loading screens "Another rematch?!?!" lol

Decent game, if I had to nit pick it I'd say they need to work on making it more immersive

*They need to record more commentary, Rogan and Goldberg literally say 1 of like 3 possible things.

*Can't control weight class moving much, you get 1 or 2 opportunities to move up or down 1 division. But I don't see why you can't pick when you change divisions or even go up more then 1

*Need to expand the bush leagues, I understand it's a UFC game but why not make up fictional small time promotions, or even make a little TUF challenge, They wouldn't have to change the gameplay at all, just like a different menu or backdrop

*Tattoos are shitty, 99% of them suck and you can't cover much of your fighter

Your talking about undisputed 3, we all like that game. We hate EA UFC.

If you are a UFC champion you should be in the game, point blank. Charge us the EA $4.99 for extra fighters but they should DLC current Champs until the next release drops.

It does lack a lot of features, but I still enjoy playing it to this day. Wish they would've continued to update it for longer than they did, as they said they would.

Whose doing the WWE games now? Perhaps they could do a better job.

Back