Ea sports ufc sucks

Undisputed 3 easily the best. Not this crummy robotic EA movement where every takedown is the angle slam.

angle_hogan.gif

Alex_TD.gif

Event mode was all i'd play. Very disappointed when I heard they got rid of it. & the lack of depth in the roster.

It's not a good game if you rate it among other fighting games, the poor scores were justified. But it is fun for me as a fan since I'm familiar with all those guys and know how they fight. I can't root for fucking Blanka, while these guys actually can pull those moves off (aside from some of the cage stuff). EA UFC was good fun for a while, but its poor mechanics and limited fighter specific move variety made it stay on the shelve after a few months of playing.

thq did a great job of catering to the average ufc fan. only interested in rock'em sock'em robots. ea mma is still the best mma game to date

Meh I gave games 1 - 3 a big chance and I loved playing them. 3 was the best. EA is utter shit, I've given it a chance and it's crap

The games striking is so robotic it just makes it not fun. The fact you can't stick and move with a jab is awful. You have to stop moving to even do a jab. They had striking down way better in EA MMA.

The Roster is terrible

The gameplay is even worse. As a few people have mentioned those takedowns are ridiculous, everybody effectively has the same strikes and the ground game is the worst!

Undisputed 3 was the result of 6 years of development, 3 different games.
EA UFC was build in 2 years from the ground up, other than a few animations from EA MMA.

EA UFC was very lacking in modes and should not have been released with as little content as it had, but anyone who took the previous statistics in consideration would have known that it was never even going to be able to compete with Undisputed 3 in terms of depth.

The online is pretty fun until you get to red belt where everyone puts you in the thai clinch and just knees you in the head, for some reason you can't block this and have to grapple out

This is fine but they land two knees to the head and just immediately re - clinch once you escape so there is little you can do

It is better than ufc 3 in the way you can no longer lay and pray your way too a decision as it is easier to stop take downs as long as you don't throw loads of head kicks

THQ's UFC 3 was the most complete MMA game for me.

True. I played many hours but i always had problems with completely understanding the ground game. I knew how to get submissions but somethimes i had very big problems when someone like Vealsquez taked me down and i was Mark Hunt. Just couldnt get up in any way...

I enjoyed the 2009 one, but once I started training in real life I stopped enjoying it, figured I might as well waste that time training myself then training some fake career guy

Basically the game was an absolute joke. Created by people with no knowledge of the sport, when it first came out (which was the only day I played it because of how bad it was) you could 2 a total of 2 different takedowns, which included picking Daniel Cormier up over your head and doing a wwe style slam in him with any fighter. You can take about 60 headkicks without getting hurt, the game other than looking good as the most unrealistic piece of crap I've ever played. No game modes worth taking your time, CAF u put ur game face on online, looked amazing then u load the game and it looked nothing like the game face app u built it on... It's a shame thq are gone because they r gunna roll this shite out for years to come..

lol

the games solid , the ground takes time to learn but once you learn the animations and watch there movement it becomes a walk in the park im a red belt . the damage system and striking blow the thq games out of the water , the actually copied a lot of thqs ground game

The glitches and takedowns were patched out, the game is smooth and fighters fight pretty accurately now. I made it to black belt after playing for about a month yesterday, and distance and angles are everything in striking just like in real life. The grappling is not perfect, and it lacks a lot of modes and features, but every THQ game sucked in those areas as well. The career has ALWAYS been terrible.

Game is awful when you realize they took several steps back from UFC 3:

-No ability to switch weight classes.
-No title vs title dream matchups,
-CONSTANT interruptions with stupid fight videos that become ridiculously outdated (Carlos Condit wishing me well at UFC 310, really?)
-Unneeded training as you can simply win the fight and have more than enough points to get your fighter at 100 overall.
- No broken bones/doctor stoppages (inexcusable)

The biggest slap in the face is the inability to make your fighter 100 in all stats, particularly if you are a LHW or HW, your cardio is pathetic as you cannot throw more than a few shots without gassing your arms and waiting for them meter to go back. Yet fighters like Jones have no problem throwing shots after shot with no issue.

The game looks amazing, but the ground game, lack of options for career just make it a no for me now. Don't pay over 10 bucks for it.

Back