EA Sports UFC - Aldo vs Pettis (FULL GAMEPLAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can safely say that almost all my issues are gone now.

They still don't ever really react to getting punched or kicked. A superman punch doesn't even fade Pettis, it's as if nothing happened. It's mostly an animation issue, though.

I hope there is more then two double leg takedown animations like past games.

Looks like the other games to be honest.

I sort of disagree. If you mean it looks like Fight Night Champion, I'd agree. I think the speed and animation of the exchanges reminds me FNC. But if you are speaking about this looking like EA MMA or the THQ Undisputed series, I completely disagree.

Undisputed was a complete rock em sock em experience, in that you literally traded shot for shot. Making the exchanges look unrealistic. If you both threw a strike and one landed first, the other persons strike would be cancelled out, which is applicable sometimes, but not all the time.

Here it looks as if you can engage in realistic exchanges. And you better be prepared to take a shot if you sit in the pocket. In this game, it seems a good strategy would be to get in and get out, manage distance appropriately because unless you're Prime Anderson Silva, it's not realistic to sit in the pocket and be able to block and parry everything. Which is a much more realistic approach.

EA MMA looked nothin like this in my opinion. EA MMA's standup animation was much sloppier and let's not forget the floaty footwork. Hooks were thrown from the hip, kicks were horrible, parries were like waving at flies in the air, etc.. you dont see any semblance of that here.

We don't see much ground work at all, but if anything reminds us of prior MMA games, it's ground animations, which sort of resemble EA MMA, which is a GOOD thing. EA MMA had the best transition animations in the industry. You felt the struggle of trying to pass guard. And the limited GnP we saw was already much different and better than EA MMA had.

Last edited:
I'm 6'4, 260lbs, 7% bodyfat. How about we meet up and you call me a little man to my face.

Can you link three punches together without gassing out like some Jersey Shore roidhead fuckhead? I doubt you can.

You're like the idiots in the bar I throw out starting fights and get gassed out in 10 seconds then have the "fat fuck Asian bitch" bouncer put them in a standing RNC and walk them out while they are gurgling up snot and blood everywhere and their eyes pop out of their head.

ufcm6kjv.gif

This looks great. Uncanny valley.

Wow. This looks great. I see what Bradley meant by the heavier guys fighting a lot slower. This looks real and very fluid.

ib0QPZ1iFbP2Ck.gif

ikGb7iQ8zUy1l.gif

Yeah, I really was not worried about that. Honestly, I think most people will actually be happy when they realize the speed difference. It makes the game much more fun to see some difference in weightclasses.

Yeah, I really was not worried about that. Honestly, I think most people will actually be happy when they realize the speed difference. It makes the game much more fun to see some difference in weightclasses.

Does it seem a bit fast? Maybe, but part of the reason is because of the frantic pace of the 2 fighters in my opinion. I'd bet that they wouldnt be able to keep that up going into the 2nd and 3rd round. I really believe that EA's intent was to show as much action as possible in a 1 round gameplay video, so we got a rain storm of spinning strikes, head kicks, crazy in-pocket flurries etc..

I sort of disagree. If you mean it looks like Fight Night Champion, I'd agree. I think the speed and animation of the exchanges reminds me FNC. But if you are speaking about this looking like EA MMA or the THQ Undisputed series, I completely disagree.

Undisputed was a complete rock em sock em experience, in that you literally traded shot for shot. Making the exchanges look unrealistic. If you both threw a strike and one landed first, the other persons strike would be cancelled out, which is applicable sometimes, but not all the time.

Here it looks as if you can engage in realistic exchanges. And you better be prepared to take a shot if you sit in the pocket. In this game, it seems a good strategy would be to get in and get out, manage distance appropriately because unless you're Prime Anderson Silva, it's not realistic to sit in the pocket and be able to block and parry everything. Which is a much more realistic approach.

EA MMA looked nothin like this in my opinion. EA MMA's standup animation was much sloppier and let's not forget the floaty footwork. Hooks were thrown from the hip, kicks were horrible, parries were like waving at flies in the air, etc.. you dont see any semblance of that here.

We don't see much ground work at all, but if anything reminds us of prior MMA games, it's ground animations, which sort of resemble EA MMA, which is a GOOD thing. EA MMA had the best transition animations in the industry. You felt the struggle of trying to pass guard. And the limited GnP we saw was already much different and better than EA MMA had.
It looks like UFC 3 more so than EA MMA. I feel like someone could hand me the controller and I would know all the moves right away.

Does it seem a bit fast? Maybe, but part of the reason is because of the frantic pace of the 2 fighters in my opinion. I'd bet that they wouldnt be able to keep that up going into the 2nd and 3rd round. I really believe that EA's intent was to show as much action as possible in a 1 round gameplay video, so we got a rain storm of spinning strikes, head kicks, crazy in-pocket flurries etc..

True. They probably wanted to show a wild round. I'm sure that if either fighter takes some damage on the leg, they will slow down. There is recovery but I doubt you can keep moving at that kinf of speed.

I also read a preview about someone using Mendes and not being able to keep up with Aldo. Well, I personally love that fighter individuality is at a point where speed truly shows. We've not had that in previous games, that it really sets fighters apart.

I'm hoping that when I use Machida, it will really actually feel like fighting with him. I'm not really convinced reach is a factor yet though. I hope you can fight outside if you want to.

It looks like UFC 3 more so than EA MMA. I feel like someone could hand me the controller and I would know all the moves right away.

Well they also mostly copied THQ game controller setup so you probably can. And best of all you don't have to do that bullshit shining anymore, though on the flip side someone noted and the developers admitted it - guys with high Takedown skill will get takedowns pretty much every fucking time if your TDD isn't up to par.

So as usual the secret to a long, successful career mode is get high ground skills, take cpu dudes down (since its skill based they can't stop you) and either pummel them or just lay on em.... fight like Shogun or Wand and get retired quick, then online play your a custom fighter with weak stats because the game made him retire... or do the former and have a guy who is a fucking granite chinned granite fist wrecking machine even though he spent all of career mode laying on dudes.

Or maybe they'll just do it EA MMA style. you won't be in career mode long enough for your fighter to get good at more than one thing, but if you really want to, here's this microtransaction stat booster.

Can you link three punches together without gassing out like some Jersey Shore roidhead fuckhead? I doubt you can.

You're like the idiots in the bar I throw out starting fights and get gassed out in 10 seconds then have the "fat fuck Asian bitch" bouncer put them in a standing RNC and walk them out while they are gurgling up snot and blood everywhere and their eyes pop out of their head.

I run marathons twice a month and spar 10 rounds per day, 5 days a week. Come at me bro.

Well they also mostly copied THQ game controller setup so you probably can. And best of all you don't have to do that bullshit shining anymore, though on the flip side someone noted and the developers admitted it - guys with high Takedown skill will get takedowns pretty much every fucking time if your TDD isn't up to par.

So as usual the secret to a long, successful career mode is get high ground skills, take cpu dudes down (since its skill based they can't stop you) and either pummel them or just lay on em.... fight like Shogun or Wand and get retired quick, then online play your a custom fighter with weak stats because the game made him retire... or do the former and have a guy who is a fucking granite chinned granite fist wrecking machine even though he spent 50 fight laying on dudes with the occasional transition.

ugh

Lol the ground game looked the same to me. Looked like Pettis tried to get to guard but Aldo just held back to stop the transition. It's probably the same, block 3 transitions until they gas, pass guard and then lock on a sub.

With a body like this, I can't avoid being laid at least three times a day.

No Hector Lombard, Woodley, Diego Sanchez, Cotoure and i'm sure i'm missing a few others, but i'm pretty upset about these.

Some of those will probably be available as DLC fighters or maybe it will be possible to download fighters other people have created (very likely) so it's not too bad. Sucks but can be corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back