EA Sports UFC - Aldo vs Pettis (FULL GAMEPLAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be hilarious if TJ wins the belt. BW champ not in the game

The gameplay looks pretty good. I do hope that a simulation mode returns though. No fighter is going to get cracked by multiple bombs like in the video and remain standing.

Context is key.

Tj Dillashaw is Fight Renan this week. If he wins, he's the champ.

Yikes I should have caught that. For no apparent reason I thought of TJ Grant first lol.

Also no worries, Dillashaw won't beat Barao. He may put up a fight for a bit, but it's way too early for him imo.

It looked a little too fast at first to me but I adjusted quickly. There were obviously some flaws but in the end, it still has to be a video game that's fun and it looks fun.

I loved when Aldo got rocked and dropped. Looked really cool.

Major complaints were the speed and how many strikes were thrown. Hopefully they have a speed bar like Fight Night to slow everything down and a way to tweak stamina so you can't throw so many strikes before gassing.

The presentation is near flawless and I love the footwork. A solid first effort.

Yikes I should have caught that. For no apparent reason I thought of TJ Grant first lol.

Also no worries, Dillashaw won't beat Barao. He may put up a fight for a bit, but it's way too early for him imo.

TJ Grant is in the game at least.

Yeah I agree Renan is just a monster.

Surprising lack of Asian fighters in the roster. KZ is the only one and he hasn't fought in what seems like years. Yet no Stun Gun or Gomi? But somehow Pascal Krauss made it in lol.

Aldo looks small. He's not that smaller than Pettis in real life. Also his stance is way off.

And why does Bruce Buffer have to speak so slowly? Sigh.

The graphics do look good though.

To me its just to quick and too stiff. Also during staredown aldo keeps his head down

Gameplay actually looks better than expected. I think I'm one of the few that is excited for the game but didn't have sky high expectations. Roster isn't all that bad, dlc will add with bigger names most likely.

As far as gameplay speed, EA sports usually adds quite a bit of options to adjust the gameplay. Out of the box games like madden are average but proper sliders take it to a new level. I think it'll be a solid entry to build upon as long as they don't go full EA and start taking random stuff out just to add it later.

Hyper-speed head-kick fest. Hugely disappointing for me.

It was the first gameplay video we've seen and I'm already remembering the feelings of me getting super tired and bored of Undisputed.

If gameplay can be adjusted then the game will be awesome, if not it'll be very disappointing. Striking looks a little more fluid than UFC 3, major thing I'm not liking is takedowns/takedown defense it just looks odd.

The little things were impressive. I think people are just expecting too much. It's a video game and not real life. With so many variables in place, it's hard to program every little thing.

When Pettis throws the wheel kick, Aldo lands a strike during the animation. Unlike every other game, the Aldo kick wouldn't have done anything or the animation would reset. Instead, Pettis reacted to the kick while IN the animation and got off balance. That's an impressive engine. Really good hit detection.

I just want a speed and stamina bar to make it a bit more simulation.

Keep in mind, I've seen some of the other off-screen gameplay being shown on youtube, and the bigger weight classes definitely move slower than in this video. We're watching 2 of the faster guys in the sport going at it hard for 1 round. It seemed a bit fast for me too, but I think it's fine the more I watch it and the more I see the bigger guys.

Looks amazing.

The little things were impressive. I think people are just expecting too much. It's a video game and not real life. With so many variables in place, it's hard to program every little thing.

When Pettis throws the wheel kick, Aldo lands a strike during the animation. Unlike every other game, the Aldo kick wouldn't have done anything or the animation would reset. Instead, Pettis reacted to the kick while IN the animation and got off balance. That's an impressive engine. Really good hit detection.

I just want a speed and stamina bar to make it a bit more simulation.

Exactly, I think some people are setting too high of expectations. I'm completely happy with what I'm seeing and I cannot wait to try it out. The combinations looks so fluid, and the strikes havw pop to them when they land. You can imagine how beautiful a nice combination will look when it all lands on the button and hurts your opponent.

This game, like I said way back when Undisputed 09 was coming out, is the foundation game for the future of their franchise, and my god it looks great.

Like you said, the under the hood stuff is impressive. The physics and reactions are a thing of beauty. I love that they aren't using cheesy flashes or gray screen when you/your opponent get hurt, it's all done with animations and commentary. The parries look great too, in that there isnt a dead area after the parry, it stays pretty fluid throughout while still giving you the opening to take advantage.

This game is going to be epic.

If you pause this video at 0:28 you can see that Anderon Silva is rated 95 and Shogun 89..

[YT]7LGbTNCQ7pA[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back