International E.U. Flag Raised over London for NYE

I wouldnt say nothing, big picture. I could see the English seriously wanting to curtail Pakistani Muslim immigration in the near future, and even the return of some.

The khan's of Europe think they are being slick, and that the natives are stupid as to what their long game really is. But that's not really true. They are just being forced to play stupid. The piss off daddy leftists and the corporate pro EU, pro migration for short term gain corporate media, is on thinner ice than you think. The PC protection these other interests have enjoyed is itself becoming thin, transparent ice; it's cracking.

I'm not going to like it when it does crack, because I've always (until recently) thought right-wingers said a lot of dumb crap and were annoying.. But they are gaining social moral high ground that they really never had, due to campaigns of dishonesty against native Europeans interest on behalf of big money seeking the economic paradox of "endless growth."

Many, many are highly disrespectful of English women, which is also disrespectful pf English men, and of if they ever had the notion to assimilate, they too often are not. They think its a war they are winning. Seriously. Against you. Our women think the same thing, and think it's cute to treat is us so stupidly. That EU flag represent a layer of forced PCness over a whole region. We all know that's what Brexit was about. Khan knows.

How else are his 50 cousins going to show dominance over English men by having them rape and screw 25% of the 13-16 year old girls in some towns without that PC protection? You think it's not about that a bit? Sorry.. It is.

No, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the EU. Not historically. Not legislatively.
If people voted for the Brexit out of anti-Muslim sentiment, they were stupid. The only association being knee-jerk nationalism.
I know you're not stupid enough to be that ignorant, so chances are your speculative rant is just pushing those "Muslim immigration" buttons because they are there and play well with this forum's (mostly American) audience.
It was neoliberalism that pushed for economic growth through population growth, not "PCness".
Khan is definitely aware that the Brexit has no impact on Pakistani immigration, and is also no doubt just as aware of the much discussed threat to London's financial industry. Those million EU residents living in London are more likely to be investment bankers/mergers and acquisitions than Muslims (not that they are mutually exclusive of course, but the majority of them are French, Italian, Spanish and German).

That's a really good fucking post, it can stand as an immense 'PRO' for western culture and its impact on the world without necessarily being used as a defense for imperialism (if that's what you're really doing as @MicroBrew claimed). The tech advancement is kind of what enabled global colonialism itself, beginning with Spain's mastery of blue water navigation.

There's not really any precedent for what we've done and are doing, 'history' basically ended with the scientific and industrial revolutions. It's frivolous to me not to the note pre/post period. We talk about standards of living but prior to the aforementioned, economic progress and capital accumulation was directly proportional to population size and growth.

Humans have advanced knowledge and technology more in the last 330 years than the previous 50,000 that came before it combined, from the dawn of behavioral modernity. The mechanical age of water and steam power moved to mass production and practical electricity which then went to computers and automation. Now we're on to cyber physical systems. The western world on the cutting edge at each step of the way.

There's just not much in the form of recognizable science (physics, chemistry, biology) as we recognize it today as an enterprise of accumulative knowledge prior to the Newtonian Synthesis, threads which extend to the foundational base. It's one of the cornerstones of modern civilization and he's probably the baddest dude to ever walk the planet in terms of raw genius.

I'd add Alan Turing in there as well. Solving the problem of problem solving is massive.

Wow, how triggered you guys get. Half your country doesn't want to leave the EU, so why are you even surprised?

Also @WhitebeltXL I think you are way smarter than faking outrage about 'Khan's European handlers' or something along those lines. I enjoyed our discussions in the Brexit thread, but conspiracy theories will lead nowhere. The next three months need clear thinking and focus on the UK's behalf, not getting emotional.

Guys, seriously. Get your shit together. Hard Brexit is gonna fuck the UK up for at least a decade, but it's not gonna un-Muslim your country and it also is not gonna magically fund the NHS.

This whole thing is the lead-up for the Dolchstoßlegende that is already being prepared by the Farages of the world. Brexit is a huge mess and hurts the country? Well that's only gonna be because of the EU and because we got stabbed in the back by those Muslim politicians!!1!

London voted remain so their display reflected that fact , if it's any consolation my new years celebration consisted of burning effigies of ghastly foreign types while singing rule Britannia .

Wow, how triggered you guys get. Half your country doesn't want to leave the EU, so why are you even surprised?

Also @WhitebeltXL I think you are way smarter than faking outrage about 'Khan's European handlers' or something along those lines. I enjoyed our discussions in the Brexit thread, but conspiracy theories will lead nowhere. The next three months need clear thinking and focus on the UK's behalf, not getting emotional.

Guys, seriously. Get your shit together. Hard Brexit is gonna fuck the UK up for at least a decade, but it's not gonna un-Muslim your country and it also is not gonna magically fund the NHS.

This whole thing is the lead-up for the Dolchstoßlegende that is already being prepared by the Farages of the world. Brexit is a huge mess and hurts the country? Well that's only gonna be because of the EU and because we got stabbed in the back by those Muslim politicians!!1!

Un-Mulism your country.

Lmao. I am gonna steal that!

"We should beggin un-Musliming our country"

"Some people needs to Un-Muslim their behavior"

I should be more clear, my snipe at Khan's subservient actions (make no mistake, using our capital's new years celebrations to virtue signal to the EU is subservient) to his European masters isn't referring to any actual idea that there are EU politicians who he does the bidding of, but more at the attitude he displays in regards to the EU. He could've made the statement "London is Open" (a valid one to make given recent circumstances) without featuring the EU flag at all, in fact, it would've made more sense to not feature it. The reason it leaves a sour taste for me is that it further treats London as 'other' and 'different' to the rest of the UK, and seems it's only goal is further division, rather than the unity it's branded as. It seems an odd thing to politicise, especially at a time when we could probably do with some non-political events that can bring everyone together, even if only for one night.

I can't disagree with the rest of your post, the situation is fucked up right now on our side, and can we expect any less when politicians (on both left and right) use any chance they can to snipe and sneer at the other side rather than work something out, not even allowing what should be a neutral event like Firework celebrations to go on without making some greater political message.

I should be more clear, my snipe at Khan's subservient actions (make no mistake, using our capital's new years celebrations to virtue signal to the EU is subservient) to his European masters isn't referring to any actual idea that there are EU politicians who he does the bidding of, but more at the attitude he displays in regards to the EU. He could've made the statement "London is Open" (a valid one to make given recent circumstances) without featuring the EU flag at all, in fact, it would've made more sense to not feature it. The reason it leaves a sour taste for me is that it further treats London as 'other' and 'different' to the rest of the UK, and seems it's only goal is further division, rather than the unity it's branded as. It seems an odd thing to politicise, especially at a time when we could probably do with some non-political events that can bring everyone together, even if only for one night.

I can't disagree with the rest of your post, the situation is fucked up right now on our side, and can we expect any less when politicians (on both left and right) use any chance they can to snipe and sneer at the other side rather than work something out, not even allowing what should be a neutral event like Firework celebrations to go on without making some greater political message.

LOL.

Aren't your being overly dramatic???

It's a firework show. All Khan wanted the world to know is that London (and UK) will still be open to the world but in particular EU as usual (or at least that's what they would want).

If UK actually goes through with Brexit (regardless of which version) it will be one the stupidest thing the country has ever done. Its equivalent to capping both of your kneecaps in the middle of a forest fire... I wouldn't mind seeing a no-deal Brexit just to see the chaotic mess it will cause on UK's economy. Play hardball and see what it'll get you. We'll be watching y'all from across the pond with abated breath fo shore....

LOL.

Aren't your being overly dramatic???

It's a firework show. All Khan wanted the world to know is that London (and UK) will still be open to the world as usual (or at least that's what they would want).

How does an EU flag indicate "London being open to the world" to Khan, or you, or anyone? It makes no sense. The EU is a foreign organisation that 41% of London's voting population rejected, it's improper and reeks of bitterness to display it in such a way. I'd object to using the event to promote anti-EU/Brexit symbols too. It's supposed to be a non political event.

This is the case of a sidelines politician (Mayor of London) using his power to snipe at people who disagree with him, something I've come to expect from the odious little man.

How does an EU flag indicate "London being open to the world" to Khan, or you, or anyone? It makes no sense. The EU is a foreign organisation that 41% of London's voting population rejected, it's improper and reeks of bitterness to display it in such a way. I'd object to using the event to promote anti-EU/Brexit symbols too. It's supposed to be a non political event.

This is the case of a sidelines politician (Mayor of London) using his power to snipe at people who disagree with him, something I've come to expect from the odious little man.

As of now it isn't a foreign organization because UK is still a member of the EU. You are acting as if UK has cut ties from EU. All I am seeing is a firework show that's showing some love to EU. You can take it as farewell sendoff or a love letter to EU stating London is still friends with EU but noooo.. it's oh shit London is kow-towing to EU. over some silly fireworks... you're way too dramatic over this BS...

This is a case of stubbornness because a bunch of clowns voted one way without understanding the repercussions. All recent polls are showing that if there was another referendum UK would voted to Remain. The shift is real and significant when it comes to whether you should actually Brexit or not.

You want to pretend Brexit isn't one the stupidest thing UK has ever concocted.. ok... I seriously hope it happens cause it'll be a fun shit show to watch.

As of now it isn't a foreign organization because UK is still a member of the EU. You are acting as if UK has cut ties from EU. All I am seeing is a firework show that's showing some love to EU. You can take it as farewell sendoff or a love letter to EU stating London is still friends with EU but noooo.. it's oh shit London is kow-towing to EU. over some silly fireworks... you're way too dramatic over this BS...

I'm not being dramatic, I object to using London taxpayers money, and people who bought tickets to the events money, on a one sided political message on what should've been one of the few non political nights of the year. Shows how ridiculously partisan people can be when they can't even have a night off without shoving their opinions down the rest of our throats.

Just look at the songs list he chose to accompany the fireworks display, it was pure propaganda. You'd never accept something similar from let's say...Trump (I'm assuming you're American)

I quite like the idea of themed fireworks in London , I hope 2020 see's a 80 year celebration of the Blitz with fireworks recreating the destruction wrought by Ze Germanz .

I'm not being dramatic, I object to using London taxpayers money, and people who bought tickets to the events money, on a one sided political message on what should've been one of the few non political nights of the year. Shows how ridiculously partisan people can be when they can't even have a night off without shoving their opinions down the rest of our throats.

Just look at the songs list he chose to accompany the fireworks display, it was pure propaganda. You'd never accept something similar from let's say...Trump (I'm assuming you're American)

I am guessing you voted for Brexit? I guess it must be tough being reminded of your mistake all night long...

I am guessing you voted for Brexit? I guess it must be tough being reminded of your mistake all night long...

And here I thought you wanted a discussion over the merits of using publicly funded, public events for political cheapshots. I'd imagine you'd support Donald Trump using public funds to promote his agenda on a New Year's Eve fireworks display?

And here I thought you wanted a discussion over the merits of using publicly funded, public events for political cheapshots. I'd imagine you'd support Donald Trump using public funds to promote his agenda on a New Year's Eve fireworks display.

The money would have been used for the fireworks and music regardless so you're complaining about the message... meh...

If Trump wants to shoot some fireworks and play related music of a wall.. Go for it. He'd be criticized by some just like how you are doing it with Khan but I wouldn't care too much personally. I don't agree that we need more walls but i'd think it'd be pretty cool to see a "wall" of fireworks. I was in Australia last year for their Australian Day (because Aborigines hate this day) but I couldn't care less about the message. I was there to see fireworks and enjoy the music.

You take this shit too seriously homey.

You take this shit too seriously homey.

Maybe, But it'd be nice to have a day where people can have some kind of unity without the shit-slinging rearing it's ugly head.

Maybe, But it'd be nice to have a day where people can have some kind of unity without the shit-slinging rearing it's ugly head.

In your eyes you don't see unity but from what I am seeing that's exactly the message Khan is conveying. It's a matter of perspective yes?

You got three months or so before the deadline and UK still doesn't have an exit strategy as of now. Each side should be working every angle possible IMO. This is arguably one of the biggest decisions UK is about to make for the next few decades so I don't blame anyone for trying to politicize anything right now. From what I am reading your politicians have absolutely no idea how to proceed right now with Brexit.

In your eyes you don't see unity but from what I am seeing that's exactly the message Khan is conveying. It's a matter of perspective yes?

I disagree, displaying "London is open" or flags from across the world represents unity, the EU flag doesn't represent unity to me, except for the unity of the 27 other member states within it.

There are better ways to convey the message without alienating people who don't believe in the EU or the UK's participation in it.

I disagree, displaying "London is open" or flags from across the world represents unity, the EU flag doesn't represent unity to me, except for the unity of the 27 other member states within it.

There are better ways to convey the message without alienating people who don't believe in the EU or the UK's participation in it.

Again.. TO you and people who want Brexit it doesn't.. For others who didn't want Brexit it does represent unity.

Meh... If you think a silly display of fireworks and some music is enough to trigger you then I don't know what to tell you. With that I am done with this convo... it's not really going anywhere... at least you helped me burn this morning's slow ass day at work.. almost no one is around.. almost... lol

Again.. TO you and people who want Brexit it doesn't.. For others who didn't want Brexit it does represent unity.

Meh... If you think a silly display of fireworks and some music is enough to trigger you then I don't know what to tell you. With that I am done with this convo... it's not really going anywhere... at least you helped me burn this morning's slow ass day at work.. almost no one is around.. almost... lol

A wall of fire crackers might really work the southern border and keep away the peiple you dont like.

Back