E.A. IGNITE Engine Sucks Balls!!!!

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by IFightInVegas, Jun 2, 2014.

1. IFightInVegas

IFightInVegas The Bourbonator Platinum Member

Seriously.. Since getting a PS4, the one thing I realize is the EA Ignite fucking sucks major balls.

I already knew NBA 2K was the superior NBA game, but holy shit is it fuckloads better than NBA Live.. I didn't know the gap was that wide..

And Fifa... Wow.. I've honestly never played a Fifa game, and know dick about Soccer,BUT... THIS IS NEXT GEN?!?!? Seriously? There isn't a fucking thing this PS4 version can't do my PS3 can..

Fuck you EA... I bought a PS4 Just for EA UFC.. If it sucks, I will buy a fucking voodoo doll in your name, and burn it slowly everyday.. And have the creepiest Jamaican accent while doing it.

2. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

NBA Live has been shit for almost a decade.

3. Bradleysan22

Bradleysan22 Green Belt

Keep in mind those games (NBA, FIFA, Madden) are not fully taking advantage of the next gen engines at all. For one, it's a first installment on the new consoles. Think back to how bad in comparison the first wave of PS3/360 sports games were to the later installments.

Also, these games are simply improved ports from the ps3/360 code already built. So again, not even close to using the full spectrum of Ignite Engine.

And...NBA Live is garbage and NBA 2k has been killing them for years now. So theres that.

4. KOCowboy

KOCowboy ROLLING MUD TIRES ON EASY STREET

and ea ufc will suck, it will be ea strikeforce with better graphics

5. Garnett Silk

Garnett Silk "I chose violence" - Cersei Lannister

I also bought the PS4 for EA UFC...I bought a used NBA2K14 (which is freaking amazing) and MLB14....I hope the fact that Madden and Live sucks doesn't mean EA UFC will suck.....

6. Breakitdown

Breakitdown RINGS Platinum Member

7. Bradleysan22

Bradleysan22 Green Belt

I actually didnt think Madden sucked at all. Was it a mind blowing next gen game? No, but none of the games were. And Madden actually improved and corrected countless gameplay issues that plagued the ps3/360 era for years. And they had to. NBA 2k had the luxury of a great foundation already so that they could focus on graphics, same with MLB the Show.

But ask anyone who played the PS3 versions of NBA 2k and MLB The Show and they would tell you its essentially the same game with much better graphics. So none of the sports games have really lept into Next gen yet.

EA UFC has the luxury of being a completely Next Gen game, no porting from the old gen, so no need to dumb down the game to be able to function on 2 generations of consoles, like the other EA games have had to do.

A true test of EA Ignite will be EA UFC & NHL 15. As those games were built strictly for next gen. In fact, NHL even passed on releasing a PS4 version last year to focus on getting next gen right.

8. echohead

echohead Black Belt

EA sucks, stop giving them money.

9. $inner

$inner I am the result what's better left unspoken

I play a lot of FIFA and have just moved to PS4 and can feel a difference in the game play. Its hardly massive but the AI is improved and ball physics feel more life like.

To me it seems as if the PS3 and Xbox360 versions were only put out because next gen consoles were still a few months away.

10. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

I'm not sure what Ignite actually is, whether it's a complete engine, just a physics engine like Havok or just an animation engine like Euphoria. Honestly, it's just a marketing buzzword more likely than not.

11. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

This. Crazy how bad and full of glitches the last few NBA live games were. Its like they are trying to put something bad out. Can't believe people gave $60 bucks for it especially with 2k out.

Madden has gotten better, almost seems like they look forward to next years edition while they are working on this years. They don't want to add too much or make too many tweaks so they can have something to brag about as an improvement next year. They use the engine very well though for the most part.

FIFA usually uses the engine the best especially next gen, feels a lot more like a real game.

EA ufc will need some time til I'd give an opinion on it.

12. PAUonePUNCH

PAUonePUNCH Black Belt

[​IMG]

13. echohead

echohead Black Belt

I bash EA every chance I get on here because they are not just a publisher, when that badge goes on a game it means that profits are all that matters. You wont get a solid game because they will rush some garbage out the door that is glitchy as fuck and if the devs complain about it they will get blackballed for speaking up.
    Not just the shitty games they contribute to but their other business practices are horrible for gamers everywhere. Things like how they spread rumors the new frostbyte engine couldn't run on wii-u and pulled their whole lineup from nintendo because nintendo wouldn't use origin as their store. Shit like that is worthy of avoiding them alltogether.

14. OnionKnight86

OnionKnight86 Brown Belt Platinum Member

This is why i'm going to wait when the new Dragon Age comes out

15. Hadron

Hadron Banned Banned

Fight Night Round 3 was amazing.

16. SamboPunch

SamboPunch Gold Belt Platinum Member

Great analysis, definitely took away from that why it sucks.

17. Shogun Rising

Shogun Rising I am Shiva god of death

The last playable Live game, in my opinion, was 06 on the Xbox and PS2. The 360 version that year, the first of the 360 cycle, was pretty much unplayable.

I'm a long-time 2K player, since about 02, but I actually preferred Live 05. It just went down the shitter with the 360/PS3 generation, and there's no saving it. EA should focus on bringing back its baseball franchises instead. I actually really liked those. They could also try to slide in the door with college basketball. I'd give it a look at least as long as they trash that unplayable Live engine.

18. MarkyMcFly

MarkyMcFly Silver Belt

I know it's popular to hate on everything EA, and mostly for good reason..

I thought this last Madden was far and away the best football game they've ever put out.

19. capnlarge

capnlarge Silver Belt

Ignite engine is actually really cool in EA UFC. The muscular and facial animations are ridiculous. You can see skin rippling on body shots.

20. MCS

MCS Gold Belt

the problem they're doing with FIFA year after year is having the cam too far away. You can't see subtle changes a better engine with higher resolution can do, since you can barely see the players. The only soccer game that did the cam player-focus friendly while keeping proper range on the pitch was PES 2.

EA UFC looks and plays fine.