Dynamic Striking Website

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
They have some pretty cool instructional's out

Wonderboy

https://dynamicstriking.com/collections/all/products/movement-as-a-weapon-by-stephen-thompson

Hoost

https://dynamicstriking.com/collections/all/products/the-dutch-kickboxing-blueprint-by-ernesto-hoost

Aerts

https://dynamicstriking.com/collections/all/products/the-lumberjack-manual-by-peter-aerts

No I don't work for them - just thought it was cool that striking instructionals are being released.

I picked up the Cuban Fundamentals a few months back when it was on sale - pretty decent but a bit low fi and basic (not to say that I didn't pick up anything from it as I did).

Also noticed a Dave Leduc instructional.

If anyone buys any of the above or anything from there - please do a review.
Here's the 1st Part of my Review.

No Shame for Wonderboy for wanting to capitalize on his UFC career. But there is nothing "unique" about what he does... and all this "adaptation" talk is Bull Sh*t. One doesn't "adapt" karate for MMA. Karate destroys MMA.

It's Wonderboy's "adapted" karate = kickboxing that killed conventional MMA... then it killed him when he went against the physically tougher opponents.

Thompson does kickboxing applied for MMA... you can see it in his strikes & pivots. Sure, the "karate" flavor is there in his techniques.

Last edited:
People want to put up these media sites... to market their thing. That's capitalism... that's fine.

But this moniker that every day this person or that person has come up with the "dynamic" martial answer is Bull Sh*t.

What to be a dynamic striker for MMA? Take on a certified boxing program... do it. Then add in the kicking same science. All this boxing knowledge has been around for a couple of hundred years before "websites" came to save us from ourselves.

P.S. Love to see what MMA camp looks at this "Dynamic Striking,,," and then actually becomes dynamic. Aka the Joe Benavidez wipeout. What makes dynamic striking is philosophy anyhow.

Did you find any interesting stuff in videos you’ve bought? Always thought all that payed clips from famous MA fellas a things from 90s.
So far I've only bought the Cuban Fundamentals - just don't have time right now to view anymore (I did claim the free offer but have not had a chance).

The Cuban boxing instructional was pretty good - I picked up a few things on immediate viewing and will go through it again to do a full study of it. I will say they could have put more effort in to the production (this is an issue I have with the BJJ fanatics instructional's in general as some of their instructional's are a bit subpar in the production area considering how much they charge).

I haven't watched the free video yet.

BJJ has been doing this for a while - I have a huge collection of BJJ instructional's - I find that you have to have a certain skill level to really get the best out of instructional's as you have to intuitively know how to connect movements (if that makes sense); in my experience this is true for both BJJ and Striking instructional's.

On topic - I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the Skarbowsky instructional's. If I do purchase them I'll let you know how I like them. I wanted to get the low kick instructional but missed out on the sale they had.

FYI I do believe JWP is putting out an instructional with them.

Back