DW's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018 Week 1: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP Discussion

IMO Montel looked the best, if we ignore these illegal strikes. Dana's crazy if he won't get him back on the show. His wrestling technique was outstanding and striking looked incredible as well. I was under a lot of impression for his precise, calm but destructive punching. That was a clean, technical destruction that I adore. Curtis also had an incredible performance.

If I were Dana I'd sign Montel, Curtis and Menifield - but just because he's on DWTNCS for the second time. But well, they needed a place for Hardy, and Dana's just being Dana - fast heavyweight knockouts mean more to him than a technical dominance.

This Holland guy sucked the most. He was supposed to be some kind of middleweight Jon Jones and he barely outstruck 8 inches smaller welterweight journeyman. Bad fighter, bad fight.

Fucking LOL at anyone who pays for that shit. Just torrent it.
Fucking LOL at anyone who is too broke or cheap to watch live sports and has to resort to downloading it after the fact to save a few dollars.

@FrankieNYC It would be interesting if you can find any details on the contender series viewership and what it did with greg hardy. That first card was actually stacked and played out very nicely for the average viewer.

@FrankieNYC It would be interesting if you can find any details on the contender series viewership and what it did with greg hardy. That first card was actually stacked and played out very nicely for the average viewer.

I rarely see actual FP internal figures, but I will look out for it

Fucking LOL at anyone who is too broke or cheap to watch live sports and has to resort to downloading it after the fact to save a few dollars.
LOL at you spending money on this shit content. It's not about the cost, it's about if this shit it worth and it clearly is not. Dana loves guys like you to whom he can sell absolutely anything

Chris is a friend of mine. I’m gutted for him :(

Let's just hope they offer him another chance later in the season and he might fight again. Sucks to go out like that, when you are so close to the big leagues.

Let's just hope they offer him another chance later in the season and he might fight again. Sucks to go out like that, when you are so close to the big leagues.
I just talked to him about 2 mins ago. He’s retired:(

Curtis got screwed but Dana will probably bring him into the UFC at a later date like he did for some others.
Just talked to Chris. He’s retired:(

Boy, that would be fun. He's all team UFC now so that would be a great idea, and put in Bonnar with him and let them go with it.
Are you serious Bonnar and Griffin commentating together would be the ultimate 15 years ago. Still epic today if they put it together

I don’t care if you believe me. He told me, it it’s not my job to share details of his personal life
<6>

sorry about that & thanks for sharing the news ..

He shouldn't retire.

Don't know his personal reasons (if true) but I guess he wouldn't retire if he got signed.
Pretty sure that would have happened anyway, the matchmakers generally got a good eye on talent, especially after the sick ko on the show.

Anyway, looking at MMA retirements he'll probably be back soon, hopefully either for the UFC or ACB

Back