DW's "homeless skit" gets the UFC mainstream press

MMA Goodfella

Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper
@Gold
Reaction score
So I was reading up on the daily political stories and noticed a bizarre trend; nearly every mainstream publication's website I visited had an article on the UFC. Of course this rarely occurs. However, it appears that Dana's homeless skit on FOX this past weekend has hit a nerve w/ a few. But isn't this being overblown b/c it is Dana White?

From HuffPost:

Homeless Skit On 'Fox NFL Sunday' Gets UFC President Dana White Embroiled In Twitter War
The Internet is once again mad at Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White. But this time around, not everyone agrees that the typically inflammatory tweeter is totally at fault.

During a skit about betting aired on the sports program “Fox NFL Sunday," comedian Rob Riggle, who plays a football tipster, said that he would “take info from anyone; My nutritionist, my dog’s stylist, the man that lives outside my bank!”

The clip cuts to footage of White sitting in a cardboard box holding a sign that reads: “PLEASE HELP!! Need Food. AKA BOOZE.”

White, who presumably used the cameo to promote an upcoming UFC fight, then exclaims, "Cam Newton is pregnant. Hahahaha.”

No sooner did the spot air than a potty-mouth Twitter war erupted.

It all started with Jason Wozny, @UFCWOZNY, who tweeted:

fox.jpg

In usual form, White responded: “@UFCWOZNY ur a puss.”

As the battle escalated on Twitter, some observers began to stand up for White and his vulgar tweets

"[White] certainly didn't offend homeless people, and he wasn't trying to lessen their plight in any way," wrote Kevin Iole in a Yahoo story about the skit. "Wozny deserves much respect for at least standing up for the downtrodden, though I think he was overcome by a bad case of political correctness."

Wozny showed no signs of backing down Monday, tweeting that the had reached out to an "advocate for the homeless in L.A." to gauge their response.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/homeless-skit-dana-white_n_2233757.html

Does everyone agree that this is a non story? Is anyone truly offended?

Last edited:
Has to be a joke.

Homeless people of course weren't offended. They have no TV to watch the segment.

Get a job you lazy people so you can afford a TV for your box!

People are REALLY touchy these days.

He dressed up as a homeless guy and did a comedy bit.

They do this all the time on SNL, Mad TV, SCTV, Kids in the Hall etc ect etc...

It doesn't mean Dana thinks we should all laugh at real homeless people, or that he has any opinion of homlessness one way or the other.

So silly.

i bet it got less press than when what's-his-face from the Dallas Cowboys won Dancing with the Stars, but this being an MMA site, probably no one noticed that but do notice this.

and who the fuck is Jason Wonzy btw - is he someone i should know?

If you live in a box, you weren't watching this, anyway.

As usual, it's not about what anyone does or says, only who does it. If Dana White does it he's an asshole, if any run-of-the-mill comedian did it, nobody would mind.

Louis CK does rape jokes all the time and gets away with it.

I can't believe this a story.

Dana gets hated on for everything he does. In some peoples eyes he can do no right.

Ridiculous that anybody is making an issue out of this. People are so fucking touchy these days.

I think homeless people dont care about pride, they`d rather get their feet warm...but hey they have this guy protecting their public image.

I dont like Dana but this is nonsense.

As usual, it's not about what anyone does or says, only who does it. If Dana White does it he's an asshole, if any run-of-the-mill comedian did it, nobody would mind.

Louis CK does rape jokes all the time and gets away with it.

"you are a c*nt that came out of a c*nt's c*nt" (LCK responding to hecker who won't shut up during his set)

I think homeless people dont care about pride, they`d rather get their feet warm...but hey they have this guy protecting their public image.

I dont like Dana but this is nonsense.

naw man, every homeless guy i know thinks Pride > UFC....

"you are a c*nt that came out of a c*nt's c*nt" (LCK responding to hecker who won't shut up during his set)

Wow. That's the first funny edgy thing I've heard coming out of his mouth.

Is his show any good SFF? I find his humour too dry for my liking but I want to give him a fair shot and FX has a roster full of excellent shows.

Who gives a shit if he offended homeless people or not? Today's generation are filled with a bunch of sensitive homo's. It's times like these i wish Don Frye was president.

Given that MMA is basically a white trash sport some fans are probably familiar with living out of a box. But I am confident that David Stern or any other legitimate commissioner of a sport would never have stooped so low.

was homeless a couple of times growin up and to be honest i wasn't bothered by it in the least. wasnt really funny but i could care less, i see so many homeless people begging on the train and most of them are so broken and down trodden i doubt they could care either.

wish they would payed homage to the original funny sign that started it all. the one begging for money for martial art classes cause ninjas killed his family. was the first funny sign i saw on the interwebs and him being a fight promoter would be a nice pun...

People are REALLY touchy these days.

He dressed up as a homeless guy and did a comedy bit.

They do this all the time on SNL, Mad TV, SCTV, Kids in the Hall etc ect etc...

It doesn't mean Dana thinks we should all laugh at real homeless people, or that he has any opinion of homlessness one way or the other.

So silly.

Are you really comparing comedy shows to a world wide sports organization president? Don't you think it is ridiculous?

Dana White being a spoiled unprofessional brat once again....

Back