Dwight Qawi humilating Leon Spinks

Qawi loved to taunt his opponents. Made Holyfield look really bad here.

Leon was pretty much done at that point though. Didn't have any business in there with Qawi.

A risky move. Didn’t pay off very well for Nate Campbell

TautQuarrelsomeGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

My favorite boxing gif

He fucking enjoyed hurting people.

It was even more impressive when George whispered in Qawi's ear "Don't get yourself killed here kid".

I don't know which round exactly it was, but you have to pay attention to see it.
George, when he came back, had become a civilian and not the savage that he used to be in his 20s.

A risky move. Didn’t pay off very well for Nate Campbell
You can tell peden had a ton of street fighting experience. He new exactly what to do, he put his head under campbells chin to hide the uppercut.

It was even more impressive when George whispered in Qawi's ear "Don't get yourself killed here kid".

I don't know which round exactly it was, but you have to pay attention to see it.
George, when he came back, had become a civilian and not the savage that he used to be in his 20s.

That's right, like many older fighters. Duran did it too but I've always suspected not wanting to exert themselves had something to do with it too.

Qawi was extremely fun to watch

I remember those ESPN Classic marathons they used to show, especially on ESPN2, of older Holyfield fights. Aired around the turn of the century, maybe?

I was impressed by Qawi when all I ever knew about him was that he fought Holyfield twice. Awesome defense and grit. A real dog who came to fight, and didn't give a shit.

You can tell peden had a ton of street fighting experience. He new exactly what to do, he put his head under campbells chin to hide the uppercut.

One can only wonder what the hell Campbell was thinking? Not very much I'm guessing.

quawi was fine fighter, especially considering he didn't have an ammie career, Holyfield says quawi gave him his toughest fight, and points out how although he was short, he had a reach that matched his. I still remember the SI article, Post-Spinks, Eddie Futch told Michael to expect Quawi to pose his chin out and invite a right hand, and he instructed him not to do it because Quawi was superb at making the right miss and countering.

One can only wonder what the hell Campbell was thinking? Not very much I'm guessing.

The difference between Qawi and Campbell is that Qawi invited you to hit him while dodging the attempt. Campbell tried to pull a Mayorga and got iced (even then Mayorga tried to roll with the punch).

One of the ATG dumb moments from a fighter who was otherwise pretty cagey in the ring.

I guess he just thought that the guy had no power or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back