Dwight Howard vs. Cain Velasquez

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMA fighters are at best D- athletes. With the proper training and time D12 would probably be able to beat the entire roster. Pretty much any top level athlete can become dominate in mma.

...and why didnt michael jordans baseball career work out

mainly because he started late and didn't put much time into it- he only put one season of work in, and didn't even do that bad considering he started at the aa crucible and hadn't played in some 13 years. heck, derek jeter only batted .210 his first season, and that was a combination of rooking ball and short season a ball. :D

How is Howard's chin??

Seen him take one of these?
UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

Fighting =!= other sports. He might be the better athlete, but not everyone has what it takes to suffer repeated blunt force trauma to the head.

I've seen better technique in a street fight. Nice cholo punch JDS.

No Jon is just not athletic enough for other sports. He's a C level athlete at best.

No doubt.

That's why he chose to compete in a sport full of average joes and look great while his brothers, who by Jon's admission beats Jon up, are in the NFL can't even get on ESPN Sportscenter.

If only he had the athleticism of former NFL player Brendan Schaub

Brennan Schlub couldn't cut it in the NFL. He went to the UFC and knocked out striking legends like Mirko and shut people down with his ground game. Thanks for proving my point.

Brennan Schlub couldn't cut it in the NFL. He went to the UFC and knocked out striking legends like Mirko and shut people down with his ground game. Thanks for proving my point.

Shit, Brock Lesnar got cut by the Vikings and went on to win the HW belt in what? 5 fights?

And I don't see 6'10 Dwight being able to lower his hips low enough to dodge a punch, or spreading his hips wide enough to stuff a TD.

You guys are obsessed with black guys with long limbs

Yes, yes they are.

D12 would absolutely smoke JDS out if given the time to train. I wish these elite athletes would go into MMA for less money but the talent pool is shallow and so that itself more than makes up for a smaller salary.

Lol, no. D12 lacks heart.

A lot of top level NBA/NFL athletes would be top 10 without much training at all in the LHW/HW divisions. Lebron James or Dwight Howard would completely destroy Roy Nelson with a few weeks of training.

Shit, Brock Lesnar got cut by the Vikings and went on to win the HW belt in what? 5 fights?

Because he never wrestled, right?

Good god, it's the blind following the blind here.

Brock was one of the best athletes the UFC has seen and would still be champion if it weren't for his sickness. He was also a c level athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back