DWCS isn't competetive at all

Uhm there was a card recently where like none or only one of the favourites won...

But yeah last night looked like a bunch of squash matches for the most part (I only saw highlights)

Yesterdays card and the Hawes, Ncukwi, Khizriev are the two shows that seemed lopsided this season. The rest were fine. You also have to consider we're in a pandemic & guys that were supposed to fight on DWCS got sent straight to the big leagues. Here is a list of guys that debuted in the 8 events at the APEX that spanned from 8/1-9/19; Durden, Cachero, Maness, Munoz Jr., AlQaisi, Buckley, Kamaka, Kelley, C. Daukaus, Porter, Chavez, T. Jones, Minus, Semelsberger, Wright, Springer, Algeo, Rodriguez, Martinez and Croom. I don't know which of those guys were meant to fight on DWCS, but i bet a handful of them were.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-34-1968
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-33-1969
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-32-1936
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-31-1940
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-30-1937
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-29-1935
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-28-1934
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-27-1941

Dana White is kind of a cuck in terms of the type of fighter he wants. Remember he hated Roy Nelson, loved Brock Lesnar. Contender Series is a nice way for him to make squash matches for overhyped guys who look athletic and explosive. He thinks that UFC will only be a legitimate mainstream sport if it looks the part.

He then gives favorable matchups to these guys in the UFC and lets them stick around through multiple losses if necessary. It's like Kevin Holland. Every time he loses, they set him up with a scrub. This is almost unfathomable: He is 7-2 in the UFC and, quick, name his best win... Nobody who even belongs on a main card, I can tell you that.

It's not hard to see what Contender Series is for. It's not for finding the best fighters.

Dana White is kind of a cuck in terms of the type of fighter he wants. Remember he hated Roy Nelson, loved Brock Lesnar. Contender Series is a nice way for him to make squash matches for overhyped guys who look athletic and explosive. He thinks that UFC will only be a legitimate mainstream sport if it looks the part.

He then gives favorable matchups to these guys in the UFC and lets them stick around through multiple losses if necessary. It's like Kevin Holland. Every time he loses, they set him up with a scrub. This is almost unfathomable: He is 7-2 in the UFC and, quick, name his best win... Nobody who even belongs on a main card, I can tell you that.

It's not hard to see what Contender Series is for. It's not for finding the best fighters.

He did KO Geoff Neal who's fighting Stephen Thompson in his next fight.

He did KO Geoff Neal who's fighting Stephen Thompson in his next fight.

"He is 7-2 in the UFC and, quick, name his best win... Nobody who even belongs on a main card, I can tell you that."

Geoff Neal not included in that run. By your logic, I have to mention all of Holland's losses as well, like to the inimitable, uh, Ramil Mustapaev. Point is the UFC is pushing him because the promotion likes the way he looks, not beause of his performance in the cage. In those nine fights, the guy has two losses plus split decisions with Gerald Meerschart and Darren Stewart.

Geoff Neal
<Neil01>

Edit: Ah just seen follow up posts lol

Meerschaert is a top 25 MW, Darren Stewart is top 30. Makhmud Muradov is a top 25 MW, whom Holland was booked against with 2 weeks notice. Its not Kevin's fault that Muradov pulled out of this fight or that Trevin Giles fainted backstage before they fought on 8/1. His only losses are Thiago Santos and Brendan Allen.

Imagine hating on Kevin Holland? a guy who is extremely exciting and wants to fight every month. It can be...quick....tough to find a guy like that opponents, that stick during a pandemic.

Reactions: TCE
I used to like watching rising talent fight at DWTNCS, but lately, the cards aren't competitive anymore. It's so obvious who the UFC wants to win. Last night, some 6.3 talent fought a 5.8 chubby guy who missed weight ffs. Another dude came in at 4 days notice and had no cardio, while the last guy was hotter than Sexyama and trained with Izzy. Why not make competitive fights, so u can actually test prospects?
Because they have no talent and no one coming in

to be fair not much you can do about last minute swaps. Because they are outside of UFC system they seem to get more pullouts than most.

While the last ep wasn't the most competitive I didn't the matchups in general weren't that bad if you looked at the records. In the past underdogs have won a lot on it, so I don't think it is just cakewalks for favorites. The biggest issue now is UFC needs fighters with so many contracted fighters unable to travel and so they are giving out way more contracts, that isn't how it started.

That said I would love to see the TUF format back in some way, even if they for example turned DWCS into a mini tournament bracket (for example 8 LW's, then the next week winners match up and the 2 winners of that get contracts and their first UFC fight is against each other). You could stagger the weight classes so you had an even number of fights each week and sufficient time between fights)

that fat guy was undefeated and had won like 80-85% of his fights by tko/ko, on paper it looks even. look at his wins, he took a few 0's and gave people their first ko experience in the pros.
TBH, I LOLed when the fat guy said he won the "most athletic award" in highschool.. What the fuck highschool did he go to? I only had 50 kids in my graduating class and he wouldn't have been in the top 10.

I'll still take DWCS over any future TUF seasons. Its fresh

Meerschaert is a top 25 MW, Darren Stewart is top 30. Makhmud Muradov is a top 25 MW, whom Holland was booked against with 2 weeks notice. Its not Kevin's fault that Muradov pulled out of this fight or that Trevin Giles fainted backstage before they fought on 8/1. His only losses are Thiago Santos and Brendan Allen.

Imagine hating on Kevin Holland? a guy who is extremely exciting and wants to fight every month. It can be...quick....tough to find a guy like that opponents, that stick during a pandemic.

Good post, sir.

Noticed he had nothing for ya to reply with.

More like the opposite, TUF is a legitimate tournament that has produced champions and DWCS is more of a formality of getting outside prospects into the UFC, no one cares about those fights, and the guys from there are usually hyped up bums.

or use it as like a system where if a fighter shows potential, but wins by a UD, he can appear on TUF

Never watched the show, but didnt realize it was that much about fights, I thought it was more of a promotion for the UFC/Dana and personality etc with a fight or two to showcase future UFC talent.

Never watched the show, but didnt realize it was that much about fights, I thought it was more of a promotion for the UFC/Dana and personality etc with a fight or two to showcase future UFC talent.

Bro it’s basically an extra fight card in the middle of the week. And like 90% of the fights end in finishes

Back