DWCS isn't competetive at all

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I used to like watching rising talent fight at DWTNCS, but lately, the cards aren't competitive anymore. It's so obvious who the UFC wants to win. Last night, some 6.3 talent fought a 5.8 chubby guy who missed weight ffs. Another dude came in at 4 days notice and had no cardio, while the last guy was hotter than Sexyama and trained with Izzy. Why not make competitive fights, so u can actually test prospects?

I used to like watching rising talent fight at DWTNCS, but lately, the cards aren't competitive anymore. It's so obvious who the UFC wants to win. Last night, some 6.3 talent fought a 5.8 chubby guy who missed weight ffs. Another dude came in at 4 days notice and had no cardio, while the last guy was hotter than Sexyama and trained with Izzy. Why not make competitive fights, so u can actually test prospects?
Yeah it’s felt like a lot of squash matches lately

I mean we are in the midst of a global pandemic. I have a hard time getting to the gym still and end up just doing pullups and pushups at the house.

I imagine that has hurt a lot of fighters ability to train and improve.
Which in turn makes it difficult to scout new talent.
And my understanding is this show is about new talent (although, admittedly I've never watched an episode and only caught highlights from it before new fighters fights... I'm not sure even what channel it comes on and don't have a cable package).

IDK, I'd give everything a year or 2 lag time after this global situation before they level out.

Bruno Oliveira was 8-1 with 7 finishes and on a 3 fight winning streak against a guy that was 4-0
UFC cant control people dropping out or missing weight.
Gomez was landing some big shots on Bahamondes too before the finish.
Allthough the Saldanes fight was not very competitive it last to the 3rd with a great finish.

If you didnt enjoy that you should just start watching synchronized swimming or maybe knitting competitions.

Dancing With The North Carolina Stars?

that fat guy was undefeated and had won like 80-85% of his fights by tko/ko, on paper it looks even. look at his wins, he took a few 0's and gave people their first ko experience in the pros.

Well then just bet on the favorites and make lots of money.

To be fair, most of the talent that pick up contracts from DWCS end up making waves in the UFC. Our Aussie boy Jimmy Crute, for example.

I admit a lot of the fights always end up being one sided, but that's good for two things, a) one fighter would get picked off if two great fighters are matched, and b) one sided fights are kind of a sick fun that we all like (admittedly or not)

It’s like he comes up with this great idea(it probably wasn’t him) and then stops caring about it.

Back