DWCS 2020 Week 7, Tuesday Sep. 15, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'So You Wanna Be A Fighter Discussion' started by Zebra Cheeks, Sep 15, 2020.

?

How many contracts will be given out?

1. 0

30.6%
  2. 1

11.1%
  3. 2

33.3%
  4. 3

25.0%
  5. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RicardinhoPT Brown Belt

It might be incomplete but those 14 losses didn't come from nowhere.

Boxrec is one of the most reliable sources for pro fights. Amateur fights are a bit more difficult but she's definitely not 64-9

Ares Black likes this.
  2. Ares Black Asteroid Belt

This^^^

I believe that she has a lot more than 29 wins, but she also definitely has at least 14 losses.

Something about her puts me off.

RicardinhoPT likes this.
  3. Sticko Green Belt

I wouldn't expect female boxers to have a lot of KOs anyway but she was an amateur boxer. KOs don't really happen in amateur boxing for a number of reasons

Obviously saying she punches as hard as Poitier sounds pretty dumb

4. Sticko Green Belt

Is it hyping herself as an IBJJF world champion for winning a white belt tournament?

Even DWCS had too much restraint to hype that accomplishment

Ares Black likes this.
  5. Aniketos #MAGA Yellow Card

Wolf is going to be fast-tracked to title contention. Wouldn't be surprised if Holly Holm is the gate keeper they use for the warm-up fight.

6. DrGlaze Dank Belt

I mean she rocked her pretty good in the first round if I remember correctly. If she threw more than just a 1-2 to the head it might’ve helped her a bit.lol

7. Askafan Brown Belt

Signing Wolf is more about 145 than the fighter herself. If they wanted a decent boxing crossover they could sign Amanda Serrano, who is younger and far more accomplished.

The UFC can't allow Bellator to have the baddest female title that goes with the heaviest class - contested class that is. The thing is Wolf is really a 155 pounder, same as Kayla Harrison. Maybe Dana should just sign Harrison from PFL, declare her the UFC openweight champ - like they did with Ronda - and then put up a million dollar prize for anyone who can beat her. No need to sign anyone to a division, just one off title fights at openweight.

Harrison can fight whoever, Wolf, Anderson or anyone who can escape Bellator - this assumes Nunes has retired - even Gabi if she can pass USADA. It wouldn't cost much, just Harrison's purse and a nominal fee to the challenger, the million dollars (two or three if you like) only gets paid out if Kayla loses - and if that happens you've got a new star anyway.

8. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I doubt they put her against Holm, Holm would absolutely murder her.

9. Aniketos #MAGA Yellow Card

Boxer vs. Boxer and when is the last time Holm murdered anybody lol Outside of that Rhonda fight, she is a boring ass counter-punching boxer.

10. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

She would just go into ADCC mode like she did against Megan.