DWCS 2020 Week 1, Tuesday Aug. 4, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given out at the end of DWCS 2020 Week 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ghjtyuj76.gif
I'm out of likes, but I will come back later just to like this.

Is the event over? I don't see anything on fightpass or espn+

Fun night of fights Sherbros. See you all this weekend I hope.

Gnight Sherbros!

Is the event over? I don't see anything on fightpass or espn+
If you don’t catch it while the feed is live I believe it banished forever to UFC fightpass. But oddly enough if you come in late you can rewind and fast forward and it won’t kick you.

If you don’t catch it while the feed is live I believe it banished forever to UFC fightpass. But oddly enough if you come in late you can rewind and fast forward and it won’t kick you.

Its on Espn+

I might have to wait till it gets uploaded to fightpass, so I must have missed the window

Hmmmm dunno about these three.

Dustin Jacoby - been there, done that. Just resigning a journeyman who is barely active enough to be considered a journeyman (I know, he spent a lot of time kickboxing instead of MMA). I could see them putting him in there with similar guys like Ed Herman, Gerald Meerschaert, people like that. Could have a few fun fights I suppose. I would actually push to make the Ed Herman fight if I was the UFC, for his debut.

Uros Medic - probably the most interesting of the three, for me. He looked good BUT. I have this automatic trigger in my head that immediately doubts any fighter who is based on the Alaskan circuit, it's can-crusher central. The guy he fought last night appears to be a can himself, despite his record. But Medic at least ran through him like a knife through butter and showed good striking - rangey for the division, too. I'd probably have him fight Luis Pena for his debut.

Jordan Leavitt - unusual chap. Flores is poor man, such a padded record - he looked poor the last time he was on DWCS too, had a feeling he'd be losing this one. Leavitt made easy work of him though and seems a pretty interesting grappler at least. He just doesn't have 'it' for me though, hard to explain. The way he talks (in interviews) about not really liking hurting people etc makes me think that the second this guy takes a beatdown and has a concussion, he'll be one of those who retires very early to pursue other things. Just my hunch. And you will get the beatdown quickly, in the UFC. I'd stick Leavitt in there with someone like Joe Solecki for his debut, battle of the DWCS submission guys.

Watching the card now

How the fuck did the judges give Rivera round 2 lmao
Close fight so not a robbery, but that round was a robbery

Uros Medic looks great, one to watch

That Leavett guy... Kind of... Weirds me out?

Last edited:
Hmmmm dunno about these three.

Dustin Jacoby - been there, done that. Just resigning a journeyman who is barely active enough to be considered a journeyman (I know, he spent a lot of time kickboxing instead of MMA). I could see them putting him in there with similar guys like Ed Herman, Gerald Meerschaert, people like that. Could have a few fun fights I suppose. I would actually push to make the Ed Herman fight if I was the UFC, for his debut.

Uros Medic - probably the most interesting of the three, for me. He looked good BUT. I have this automatic trigger in my head that immediately doubts any fighter who is based on the Alaskan circuit, it's can-crusher central. The guy he fought last night appears to be a can himself, despite his record. But Medic at least ran through him like a knife through butter and showed good striking - rangey for the division, too. I'd probably have him fight Luis Pena for his debut.

Jordan Leavitt - unusual chap. Flores is poor man, such a padded record - he looked poor the last time he was on DWCS too, had a feeling he'd be losing this one. Leavitt made easy work of him though and seems a pretty interesting grappler at least. He just doesn't have 'it' for me though, hard to explain. The way he talks (in interviews) about not really liking hurting people etc makes me think that the second this guy takes a beatdown and has a concussion, he'll be one of those who retires very early to pursue other things. Just my hunch. And you will get the beatdown quickly, in the UFC. I'd stick Leavitt in there with someone like Joe Solecki for his debut, battle of the DWCS submission guys.

I think it might take time to adapt to the top level from Alaska, just depends on the fighter. Wasn't Cannonier from the Alaskan circuit originally? I agree that I liked the look of Medic, but I don't think his opponent was good at all.

In terms of good first fights.

I like the idea of Jacoby Vs Ed Herman

Medic is still very inexperienced, maybe someone like Jonathan Pearce?

I'd like to see Leavitt against Max Rohskopf in a battle of the grapplers.

In terms of good first fights.

I like the idea of Jacoby Vs Ed Herman

Medic is still very inexperienced, maybe someone like Jonathan Pearce?

I'd like to see Leavitt against Max Rohskopf in a battle of the grapplers.

Good suggestions! Yes, Cannonier was a HW on the Alaskan circuit crushing cans, but proved to be solid!

Good suggestions! Yes, Cannonier was a HW on the Alaskan circuit crushing cans, but proved to be solid!
Yes but he had to cut two weightclasses to find success...fat middleweights shouldnt be able to crush hw (fedor obvious exception)

Great night of fights and all 3 fighters deserved it. Looking forward to the next one

Back