DW expects 750k in PPV buys for Sat ... you?

The 600s number above is the one I'd agree with

PPV is dead tho. This on Fox with those "Hey pussy you still there?" promos during football games and Fox sports hockey games would get some serious viewership.

So ...... you are agreeing

This fight could easily double the last card & that would be 760k

I think that your point is very much possible but I think UFC is more connected buy wise from month to month then Mayweather/Pac-man or Wrestlemania are connected to their monthly events.

That being said UFC 182 is getting more mainstream sports coverage (not Ronda's entertainment coverage) then Ive seen prefight since UFC 100.

Ive never heard a show like PTI talk about UFC before a fight or even one of the hosts (Wilbon) say that they were excited for a fight.

Right.......cuz fighters don't need to get paid, they fight for the love of the sport.

I will be happily paying $59.99+taxes for this card

The buy rate doesn't matter to the vast majority of fighters.

I think that your point is very much possible but I think UFC is more connected buy wise from month to month then Mayweather/Pac-man or Wrestlemania are connected to their monthly events.

Very fair
But there (before network) were PPVs within WWE that doubled/tripled between months that were not Mania

That being said UFC 182 is getting more mainstream sports coverage (not Ronda's entertainment coverage) then Ive seen prefight since UFC 100.

Ive never heard a show like PTI talk about UFC before a fight or even one of the hosts (Wilbon) say that they were excited for a fight.

This fight looks huge.
I think we will see the new PPV ceiling (until Brock returns)

The buy rate doesn't matter to the vast majority of fighters.

WHAT???

if UFC doesn't make $$$ they cut roster & drop the extra 200+ fighters they don't need :eek:

Cheers to her then

tumblr_m9rqebuI6Y1reugqko1_250.png

hahahahahhahaha

Did you forget Pettis was also defending his belt on that card? ....

No, you think Pettis is a big PPV draw?

You REALLY think Jones/Cormier will do less than the last PPV?

The sooner the "PPV thing" is dead, the better, but in the meantime I'm ok with Americans shelling out the 60 dollars or whatever.

WTF are you babbling about?

Of course every fighter cares if UFC fans buy PPV instead of streaming

Im sure Chris Beal is truly hurt by streaming. His Ppv cut is the majority of his check.

No, you think Pettis is a big PPV draw?

You REALLY think Jones/Cormier will do less than the last PPV?

Yeah, wouldn't be too surprising really.

Jones last two fights vs opponents who are just highly ranked (not people coming up or stars from other weight classes)

UFC 172 - 350k
UFC 165 - 310k

Jones doesn't sell PPVs. He is carried by his opponents name/prefight nonsense and sadly Dan isn't a big name. This card won't do too great..

Creating expectations by announcing his estimate is risky; if it comes in significantly under he's going to have to take it on the chin.

By not saying anything most people would be content seeing anything over 500k.

If they didn't add that star five bucks maybe, but I think a lot people will steal this event just as a fuck you for jacking the price. The card overall isn't even that great, it's just the main fight that matters, and they want another five bucks on top of it all. Fuck em. I hope they do under a half mil.

Back