Duterte calls Hitler 'insane' despite previously comparing self to führer

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Pot calling Kettle athletic and explosive?

Duterte_Hitler_CNNPH.jpg

https://apnews.com/f89edcec2e26408ba9edd86549b05159

JERUSALEM (AP) — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who once compared himself favorably to Adolf Hitler, paid a solemn visit to Israel’s national Holocaust memorial on Monday, branding the Nazi leader “insane” as he lamented the genocide of 6 million Jews.

The comments marked a dramatic turnaround for Duterte, who just two years ago had compared his anti-drug campaign to the Holocaust and said he would be “happy to slaughter” 3 million addicts. He later apologized.

Duterte, known for his profane outbursts and accused of committing widespread human rights abuses, spoke quietly and respectfully during his stop at the Yad Vashem memorial. He said the Holocaust should never be repeated and that “despots” have no place in the modern world.

“I could not imagine a country obeying an insane leader, and I could not ever fathom the spectacle of the human being going into a killing spree, murdering old men, women and children. I hope this will not happen again,” he said.

“There is always a lesson to learn: that despots and leaders who show insanity, they should be disposed of at the first instance,” he said.

Duterte, the first Philippine president to visit Israel, has received a warm welcome from the government, despite criticism that it is embracing a leader accused of rights abuses in his deadly crackdown on drug dealers.

The agenda reportedly is expected to include an arms sale to the Philippines. Israel agreed in the past to sell assault rifles to the Philippines national police force.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu remarked Monday on the countries’ long friendship. He said the Philippines took in Jewish refugees after World War II and was the only Asian nation to vote for Israel’s establishment. He noted that Filipino health aides now assist the elderly in Israel, including Netanyahu’s father.

ABS-CBNNews-Map-and-Charts.png

He’s a fucking troll, figuratively and literally .

Adolf Lumpia is pretty insane himself, so not surprising

Last edited:
“I could not imagine a country obeying an insane leader, and I could not ever fathom the spectacle of the human being going into a killing spree, murdering old men, women and children. I hope this will not happen again,” he said.
Yet, it has never stopped.

We’re we supposed to take Duterte seriously???

He's not that crazy, at least he doesn't believe in God.

Can't believe he would admit that to a country that's 99% catholic.

Now if only Trump could cut the crap and say the same

“There is always a lesson to learn: that despots and leaders who show insanity, they should be disposed of at the first instance,” he said.
That irony, though.

<Kpop775>

He's not that crazy, at least he doesn't believe in God.

Can't believe he would admit that to a country that's 99% catholic.

Now if only Trump could cut the crap and say the same
Nah, he's still waffling on that. He says he believes in God, just says some weird shit about people proving its existence with a selfie with Him. He also says that the growing amount of atheists means that people have less respect for the law and fear of it and that's leading to more violence. Look, the guy's a megalomaniac who constantly contradicts himself and is highly hypocritical. He's sort of like Hitler on the issue. Hitler wasn't really religious and thought Christianity was too soft, but he also used religion for his own purposes.

I wouldn't say the Fuhrer was insane until the end or maybe around 1943/44.
But if you look at Hitler's political rise within the pre-Nazi movement uniting the movement.
Overcoming the failed coup attempt and recovering from the first election loss.
Making Germany a one Party state and ousting the SA. Those were all calculated and from a political point of view brilliant moves.

He hasn't done many political mistakes until 1939. When he miss judged the UK response to attacking Poland.
He should have probably known that after seizing all of Czechoslovakia there was no way for the UK not reacting in Poland.

Nah, he's still waffling on that. He says he believes in God, just says some weird shit about people proving its existence with a selfie with Him. He also says that the growing amount of atheists means that people have less respect for the law and fear of it and that's leading to more violence. Look, the guy's a megalomaniac who constantly contradicts himself and is highly hypocritical. He's sort of like Hitler on the issue. Hitler wasn't really religious and thought Christianity was too soft, but he also used religion for his own purposes.

This, Durrterte always back tracks then says something else next week,

To be fair I think Duterte just want to imply he is a deist.

He just told his fellow Filipinos in Israel not to believe what the press or media is saying about him that he is an Atheist nor he does not believe in God and that he himself believes in a supreme God. But it seems what he means he does not believe in the God of the Christians etc.

Not to long ago he questioned the logic of the christian God saying God something along the lines that God is stupid.

Back