Dustins weight!!

How much longer will he be able to keep cutting that weight I have to wonder o_O

why these guys kill themselves for a slight advantage,

that actually may be a disadvantage, when the weight cut doesn't go as planned.

i cannot believe that killing yourself dehydrating your brain and starving yourself on fight week is an advantage.

it must be or guys wouldn.t do it.

guys at 135 should be fighting at 155, guys at 155 should be at 170, and so on. its not healthy.

i think we would get better fights if guys didn't have to struggle with excess weight

i cannot believe that killing yourself dehydrating your brain and starving yourself on fight week is an advantage.

guys at 135 should be fighting at 155, guys at 155 should be at 170, and so on. its not healthy.

i think we would get better fights if guys didn't have to struggle with excess weight
Lol, sounds like you've never competed before.

The why is because the guys in the weightclass above are doing the same and bigger than those below.

Frustrating but not surprising, unsure why this farcical procedure of having two 180lb men dehydrate themselves to near death 24 hours prior to a 15 minute war at 155lb.

95% of LW are ducking WW. I don’t see how anybody could deny that.

I don't trust fighters at all when they speak about their own height/weight, they love to exaggerate

lol at all these guys being proud of cutting too much weight, bunch of chickens

weigh in should be on fight night

The why is because the guys in the weightclass above are doing the same and bigger than those below.
i get all that, it is besides the point. the system needs a change imo

look at the heavyweight division. 230 pound guys are smashing guys with 30 pounds on them.

for whatever reason they don't need a five pound advantage in the cage.

they don't cut weight and they can perform at their best.

but all these 195 pound guys fighting in the manlet division is silly.

the point is the better you feel on fight day the better you will perform.

and believe me, the less weight you cut the week before the fight, the better you will feel and perform.

franky edgar was the lightweight champ. he wasn't cutting a ton of weight. colby, isreal, don't cut a ton.

maybe its just me but i would rather watch a guy win based on fighting ability not a size advantage.

i know... its the world we live in and that's how it is. people been cheating the scale for 100 years.

i would like to think something can be done, to change things up, like over in ONE championship.

going by weight loss percentages is a start. people are having seizures and passing out for a couple pounds.

how many fights per card are scrapped because missed weight? more than covid? too many is the answer.

figure a guy who only has to worry about fighting his challenger and not the scale too would be in a better position.

Its all complete bullshit until you've fought under CSAC and we officially know your weight on fight day.

The rest is just talk.

Back