Dustin's gameplan in the rematch

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
The game plan against Conor for Dustin is the same as every fighter that fights Conor is. Grind it out and keep pressing...eventually Conor will fold. That’s how these fighters view Conor. They don’t see him as someone who will dig deep if he doesn’t put his opponent away early.

Of course Dustin is going to attack the legs again but I feel that his striking is also “tighter” then Conors and more technically sound so he can compete even if it’s a complete striking battle as well....without wrestling/grappling which he also has the advantage in. Conor is going to have to put this fight away early because as is the case with him, the longer it goes the worse it will get for him.

I do think Conor has the skills to win, even if I feel Dustin is the more complete fighter. The issue is Dustin is always ready to go to war....and Conor isn’t. I just don’t think Conor has that dog in him to win this fight.

I hope Conor doesn't just focus on calf kick defence and assume that this will win him the rematch although I can see him making the mistake of using it as a mental crutch to develop confidence.

People need to stop acting like Dustin only won due to leg kicks. Dustin is a top shelf fighter with tremedous resilience and toughness who can cause other problems for Conor.

Also, just because you train to defend something doesn't mean you'll be able to do so in the fight....if that was the case, no combat sport would be possible.

If Conor can move those feet he got this rematch. He needs to be unpredictable again with kicks and make Dustin uncomfy. If he decides to boxing only he will lose.

Dive and hold on for about 7 minutes before Conor surrenders. Or act a cock - like Conor did himself in the 2nd fight - and get steamrolled immediately.

Mixing everything up. I expect him to shoot or grapple early and mix in his boxing and low kicks more as the fight goes on

He may have to take 1/10th of the pay and fight for a title. Nobody wants that.

Get him to the fence and throw bombs. Conor can't handle the heat when he doesn't have space

Just take him down and submit him.
Conor won’t do shit to him.

Calling it here.
I said the same.
Dustin closed distance and got to clinch positions easily in both of heir previous fights. The calf kick won’t be the big weapon this time imo—just something for Conor to think about and throw him off his game. TD and sub will be the plan.

Against Kebab, McGregor stopped all takedowns in the third round. Doostin was finished in the third round. Conor is clearly the superior grappler here over Mr. I can't get him off me.

I think a secret weapon would be preparing the hell out of countering the front kick or teep, because I think Conor is going to use the hell out of those

dustin has more ways to win. The one way I never expected him to win, he did last time. Dustin has a far better submission game and offensive grappling. Dustin has better conditioning and has a more diverse striking game. Dustin can win by sub. KO or decision. I can only see conor winning by KO.

what will conor do to stop the calf kicks?

I have only seen Aldo checking them properly

Leap in with a straight right every time? sure might work...

slide out? will only work so many times...

That said I am hoping for a vintage Mcgregor performance and that Dustin's head will clatter off the canvas once again. The game is more fun when Conor is out there delivering KOs

Your post conflicts with you av.. interdasting.

His gameplan is exactly the same as it was in his previous fight so Conor can adjust to it and win this time around.

Conor was spoiled by his shoulder strike cracking Cowboy's face. He thought it was an atomic uppercut when it is really more of a jab.

With that said, McG's problem was trying to look like a Terminator walking through Doostin's assault so he could get the Pac boxing fight. Conor won't be doing that in the upcoming fight. It'll be 75/25 in Conor's favor this time.

I hope Conor doesn't just focus on calf kick defence and assume that this will win him the rematch although I can see him making the mistake of using it as a mental crutch to develop confidence.

People need to stop acting like Dustin only won due to leg kicks. Dustin is a top shelf fighter with tremedous resilience and toughness who can cause other problems for Conor.

Also, just because you train to defend something doesn't mean you'll be able to do so in the fight....if that was the case, no combat sport would be possible.

Agreed completely.

You can take calf kicks out of the equation and Dustin is the more complete fighter. He has also shown a different mentality then Conor in the cage. I don’t see how anyone can see the last fight and assume that Conor should be the favorite this time around.

Calf kicks were a part of why Conor lost but Conor was gassing and slowing down at that point in the fight anyway.

Conor fans (me being one of them) need to come to terms with the fact that Dustin is just the tougher more complete fighter. Conor can win, but there’s no way he can be the favorite.

dustin has more ways to win. The one way I never expected him to win, he did last time. Dustin has a far better submission game and offensive grappling. Dustin has better conditioning and has a more diverse striking game. Dustin can win by sub. KO or decision. I can only see conor winning by KO.

Agreed.

To me, Dustin is a more technical complete striker. His shots are much tighter. So this entire notion of Conor being this massively better striker need to stop cause it’s not true.

Back