Dustin vs Max + Kelvin vs Israel

Anything’s possible but Adesanya and Holloway is the most likely outcome imo. Adesanya by decision and Hollaway by tko.

Threw down a parlay on these 2 fights since I hate money and like to gamble.

Who do you all got for the fight?

Max has improved a ton, but is going up in weight. Dustin has looked super impressive.

Israel didn’t impress me that much for Anderson... but striking seems solid. Can kelvin KO him and find an upset?

Make me feel better sherdog. Who would you have bet on?
I may have torched $333.74
But I went with the dogs in these fights. I liked the odds and get $2300 back if Dustin + kelvin seal the deal.
I think you lose both. If there is one where I think you could win it would be Kelvin. I think Max is too much for Dustin now. It will be interesting to see if Dustin can takedown Max and work him on the ground. I think Max stuff's the takedown and Max's standup is too much for Dustin. That said I didn't see Usman dominating Woodley so everything gets decided in the cage. I'm looking forward to the fights, it will be fun.

Kelvin is a steal. People over hype Israel so much and are quick to forget he was gifted a decision against Vettori.

Threw down a parlay on these 2 fights since I hate money and like to gamble.

Who do you all got for the fight?

Max has improved a ton, but is going up in weight. Dustin has looked super impressive.

Israel didn’t impress me that much for Anderson... but striking seems solid. Can kelvin KO him and find an upset?

Make me feel better sherdog. Who would you have bet on?

I may have torched $333.74
But I went with the dogs in these fights. I liked the odds and get $2300 back if Dustin + kelvin seal the deal.
Good bet on Dustin, Kelvin is a wildcard that is actually more proven at the highest level

I wouldn't bet against Max.

Max via tko. Gastelum via tko.

Max outstruck Dustin 7 years ago in their first bout. He has only improved and hasn't taken a serious amount of damage since. Max should be able to keep the fight standing and pick him apart as he did Ortega. Max struggles with weight cutting already, so it's not like he should be any smaller than Dustin at lightweight.

Israel should go to jail for elder abuse. Beating Tavares, Glass Jaw Brunson, and Anderson do not really prove anything as far as the top of the division. Jumping from Anderson to Gastelum is rather extreme. Gastelum can wrestle Izzy to death or probably even eat his best shots in the standup while landing shots of his own.

Last edited:
Both great fights. Not looked at the lines and not sure who I'd bet.

Poirier/Holloway will be fireworks early and very competitive. Poirier has more power and is the bigger finisher, but he's also easier to finish. I think he'll catch Max early. And I think he likely needs an early finish, as Max will be there the whole fight, will be the better fighter by the end, and will have many minutes to find Dustin's chin along the way. I'm picking Holloway by TKO in rd 3 or 4.

I favor Israel against Gastelum. He's great when he has a height/reach advantage and great when he's given opportunity to counter, like he will be vs Kelvin who's normally aggressive and will have to be in this fight, to close the distance and maybe to get takedowns. Kelvin has a chance of catching Issy with his power, and might get some takedowns, but Adesanya is the safe bet.

Looking at the odds now. So... I picked both favorites. I think I'd bet them too at those prices, but I'm not sure.

Israel over Kelvin is so weird to me. Yeah, I get it, he's taller, but that doesn't decide fights. When it comes down to brass tax:
Kelvin has fight stopping power, Israel doesn't.
Kelvin has an iron jaw, Israel doesn't.
Kelvin has real grappling ability and more than one way to win, Israel doesn't.
This situation has to go really, really well for Israel to find a way to win it.

Max vs Dustin strikes me as a pick em. Completely take the first fight out of the equation. Both are much better than they were years ago.

Max has all the tools to easily establish his place as one of the GOAT p4p but we haven't seen him make a home at this weight class and it could be that some of his best elements, such as his ability to stifle grapplers and force them to fight his fight- will not be as powerful at 55. Dustin is an efficient striker with tenacity and finishing ability. He is a very solid grappler. I think that Max is going to have to really work to keep the fight standing where his chin and cardio will pay dividends in a fight where both guys will land a lot. I could see it being a long night for Max if Dustin is able to effectively mix in takdowns. Or, I could see it being a close fight where Max pulls away with it down the stretch.

I'm actually pretty confident in Adesanya. I like Gastelum and think he's great, but Israel just seems like the ideal fighter to beat him. He will keep him on the outside and chip away over the course of the fight. Adesanya is an intelligent fighter. I think he is going to have Kelvin's attacks scouted. When Gas blitzes him, he will use his movement to stay out of harm's way. He will land kicks from outside and knees when Gas closes the gap.

Ultimately, I like Adesanya to pick him apart after a dicey first round or two. Israel by UD.
Why would max not be more powerful at 155? Whittaker, Kelvin, DC, Nunes, Lineker etc show that cutting less doesn't lose power if anything it gives more power. Pettis, Masvidal, Poirier himself all more powerful by going up in weight.

Why would max not be more powerful at 155? Whittaker, Kelvin, DC, Nunes, Lineker etc show that cutting less doesn't lose power if anything it gives more power. Pettis, Masvidal, Poirier himself all more powerful by going up in weight.

Oh I agree from a striking perspective I think he will do even more damage than he did at 45. I just wonder if he will be as effective in the grappling when he has to deal with bigger grapplers than he previously had success in nullifying.

I can't believe Gastelum is the underdog. Adesanya looked terrible against 43 year old Silva and his best win before that was Brunson.

Bet the house on Gastelum.

Maybe he done that on purpose.. Just out of respect for Silva.. Didn't want to put him out early.. Regardless this is the first step he needs to take for Whittaker.. & This time he better not pull out after all his recent rest.

If I had to take the parlay it would be Max and Kelvin for sure as the safest bet.

I can't believe Gastelum is the underdog. Adesanya looked terrible against 43 year old Silva and his best win before that was Brunson.

Bet the house on Gastelum.

I would say let’s AV bet but I already have one with @Tomas

im taking max and israel

gastelum rubbed me the wrong way after the 234 mess. he handled that terribly

Dude, I really wouldn't.

The odds on this parlay are not worth the risk. At all. Regardless of who you pick.

But hey, if you must do it, good luck.

Back