Dustin > Tony

RDA is a better win than any on Dustin's record imo.

Poirier definitely has better defense, that's for sure. A guy like Holloway who is so precise had some trouble landing clean in a 5 round fight

How do you see Conor and Dustin now?

Dustin looks more mature in his approach and wouldn't rush.

Conor could still hurt him early and put him off his game plan.

I would make McGregor favourite if he's fully focused, but Dustin has improved immensely. Conor early, or Dustin late!

If I was a betting man, Conor gets the knockout early imo.

Likely not see This fight, but it would be cracking!

Max holloway is not a better win than RDA was lol just stop.

Holloway beat no one at LW. He's so overrated, even now. Great fighter, doing what conor already did and gets zero credit for doing by over half of sherdog.

Easy breakdown to me. If Dustin doesnt put him out early (which he can considering how hard he hits and how often Tony gets clipped), Tony would go HAM on him as soon as he gasses out. The fight would not last much longer.

No chance in hell for Dustin to decision Tony, he must rock him and put him out EARLY. Its a toss up.
I mean that’s literally what everyone said for Dustin vs max....
Look what happened.

I mean that’s literally what everyone said for Dustin vs max....
Look what happened.
True, but I feel like Max didnt have any snap or power in his strikes and he slowed down after all the damage he took. Tony is a much more proven guy at lw. He is a savage and Imo he would have split that head open with an elbow in those rounds when Dustin was exhausted. You cant win a fight against Tony while gassed, It would be ugly. But hey, thats just my opinion and I could be proven wrong again....I thought Max would take it after a wild dog fight and gladly Dustin proved me wrong.

Probably. Dustin has the hands to badly hurt him and cardio to keep up with his pace, plus good grappling. I see him stunning tony, tony going for his panic imanari roll and dustin landing some vicious gnp once in his guard.

I don't like tony's style so i'm biased.

Tony still has more wins than Dustin has and that includes former champions like RDA and Pettis. His victory over Pettis was more impressive than Dustin's victory over him. Who has Poirier beat that is so much better than anyone Tony's beat? Alvarez? Gaethje? I could counter that with RDA and Barboza.

Ferguson is still ahead of Poirier in my book, but regardless, he is the official #1 contender at this point.

Idk, pettis clipped tony bad. I don't remember poirier going through adversity in that fight.

Probably. Dustin has the hands to badly hurt him and cardio to keep up with his pace, plus good grappling. I see him stunning tony, tony going for his panic imanari roll and dustin landing some vicious gnp once in his guard.

I don't like tony's style so i'm biased.
I'm with you on that one.

Dustin's striking looked scary precise and powerful last night. Tony ain't gonna last in there with him. You can bet one one thing for sure, Tony WILL get hurt in that fight, it's just a matter of how bad.

Tony isn't losing to anyone not named Khabib. Facts are facts.

And I'm 50/50 on whether Tony beats Khabib or not

He hit him good once, it did nothing. Tony made Pettis quit on his stool.
Dustin made him quit with a body triangle too. They are both great wins tbh, wouldn't call either better than the other

Yeah I can agree with that.

People hold previous losses against him too much. Hes been impressing me every fight more and more. Hes really found himself. Tony is also impressive but he kinda strikes me as lucky to be where hes at with how much damage he takes.

Also, none of Dustin's losses are even close to losing to Danny fuckin Castillo, and i dont care what you say he lost that shit.
I agree. He actually lost that fight hands down.

I know we all talk about tonys fantastic, very violent and highly entertaining winstreak at LW as something of a crowning achievement in such a talent stacked division. Truly a remarkable feat. I do not want to detract from tony Ferguson, he's on one of the most ENTERTAINING winning streaks of all time, but i do have to euthanize that word. "entertaining".

While entertainment value is something of a subjective matter, I have no qualms with anyone who says Tony's fights are better. I'm not going to debate peoples opinion, but if both dustin and max were healthy and could fight khabib at the next UFC PPV, There is no doubt in mind That it would have to be Dustin.

Dustins most recent wins, are just simply higher quality wins than the ones tony has had. Ever. Alverez, Gaethje and Holloway are all better wins than ANY win Tony has in his streak. Those are 3 top 5 ranked fighters and one of them is a top p4p fighter and Current UFC champion. also to top it off, I feel as if he faced much less adversity in obtaining these wins than tony did in some of his, getting rocked and dropped in most all of his fights (lando, Kevin lee, Pettis)

I understand that everyone WANTS to see khabib vs tony because of all the build up, but IMO, Tony's claim at number was surpassed last night. In my mind, he is now comfortably behind dustin.

Kevin Lee didn't "rock" Tony at all, and if you actually watched that fight then you know that's true. Lando and Pettis did, that's fair. That's 2 of his 11 fights on his streak (again, to be fair it's 2 recent ones). But that's hardly "most all" of his fights.

Can't argue that Dustin's recent wins are vs better opposition, but acting like he faced less adversity in them? Eddie, Gaethje, and Max all beat Dustin up badly (to varying degrees). And in the first Eddie fight Dustin was on his way to likely getting stopped prior to the DQ.

In addition, as great as Max is, this was his FIRST fight at LW. Doesn't mean his FW accolades mean nothing in this discussion, but the fact that he has only ever fought at a lower weight class matters.

Long story short, Dustin is great (won't argue that) but your perspective is very biased. 11 wins in a row (with 8 finishes) isn't "comfortably" behind what Dustin has done. I'd argue it should still be Tony over Dustin, even if the gap has narrowed.

Dustin made him quit with a body triangle too. They are both great wins tbh, wouldn't call either better than the other

I mainly rank Tony's higher because he made him quit in the second round. Pettis quit in the 4th (I think) against Dustin.

I agree. He actually lost that fight hands down.

Tony did more damage and Castillo just laid on top of him.

I like you, you're a pretty funny guy. But your Tony hate...so transparent.

Truly a remarkable feat. I do not want to detract from tony Ferguson, he's on one of the most ENTERTAINING winning streaks of all time, but i do have to euthanize that word. "entertaining"..

...What? You mean emphasize?

Back