Dustin Proirier different since McGregor

2 weeks fightcamp Mendes
Normal fightcamp Mendes would destroy Conor

You have no evidence of that and McGregor had only 2 weeks to prepare for Mendes too.

Wait until Jose vs Conor happens and then you can speculate.

Losing to Conor does wonders for you, as history has shown.

Conor bless.

2 weeks fightcamp Mendes
Normal fightcamp Mendes would destroy Conor

What about a full camp where McGregor gets to fully prepare for Mini Mendes?

There will never be a rematch anyway, McGregor is going to decapitate Aldo, Edgar then move up to LW and it will be business as usual.

You have no evidence of that and McGregor had only 2 weeks to prepare for Mendes too.

It's not the preparation for the fighter but physical.
And wth are you thinking, that preppin for 4 weeks extra in grappeling is gonna make Conor's skills that much better? Come on son

What about a full camp where McGregor gets to fully prepare for Mini Mendes?

There will never be a rematch anyway, McGregor is going to decapitate Aldo, Edgar then move up to LW and it will be business as usual.

Conor is gonna get murked at LW

He's always been reckless, it's why he gets caught so much.

He will never hold a belt in the UFC.

OK, this deserves a little expounding.

Yes, he's always been reckless. He got caught in his own favorite choke by KZ. And he got clocked by a wild hook in the back of the head by Conor (the fault of his own head movement).

He probably won't hold a belt in the UFC. Fine. But that's really hard to do! There are some GREAT fighters, even HOF worthy, P4P worthy, that don't ever hold the belt.
I would rate him a Top 15 LW at this time. And that looks good, but I think it was a mistake for him to move to LW (which he did because of the 'label' of losing when he faces elites, such as KZ or Conor, with his excuse being that he was in the wrong weight class).
Poirier will be around for a while and will be AT LEAST a fringe Top 10 LW.

Let me ask this:
In a P4P rating as of RIGHT NOW, would you rate the Poirier higher than Michael Bisping?

I bet you said he was going to get murked by Mendes.

I bet you'll eat crow again.

Conor bless

Nope, sorry. Actually I knew there was gonna be controverse, wich ever way it went.. That's why I wanted the UFC to cancel the whole fight.

It's not the preparation for the fighter but physical.
And wth are you thinking, that preppin for 4 weeks extra in grappeling is gonna make Conor's skills that much better? Come on son

You think doing a camp training a few weeks extra in striking and conditioning is gonna stop you eating shots for 2 rounds? Come on son.

The same logic you use can be used against you.

You don't know how the fight would go, but I do know that Conor has a win over Mendes. So there's that.

Nope, sorry. Actually I knew there was gonna be controverse, wich ever way it went.. That's why I wanted the UFC to cancel the whole fight.

Canceling the whole fight would be one of the biggest blunders in UFC history.

You think doing a camp training a few weeks extra in striking and conditioning is gonna stop you eating shots for 2 rounds? Come on son.

The same logic you use can be used against you.

You don't know how the fight would go, but I do know that Conor has a win over Mendes. So there's that.

Striking no. Conditioning obv. That's the whole point of a traingscamp. To get conditioned and have your weight on point.

Pathetic reasoning. This Conor only had two weeks to prepare for Mendes as well point has been proven insignificant time and time again, yet this nuthugger still goes back to it.

The difference in the fight was cardio and CM was already in fight camp training for months... Mendes only had two weeks to get in peak condition.

Pathetic reasoning. This Conor only had two weeks to prepare for Mendes as well point has been proven insignificant time and time again, yet this nuthugger still goes back to it.

The difference in the fight was cardio and CM was already in fight camp training for months... Mendes only had two weeks to get in peak condition.

Now they are gonna reply with the "but his whole team said Mendes was fit the whole year round" arguments

The ironic thing is that Mendez was running his mouth claiming that he was gonna beat Conor via wrestling and athleticism... (yep, something that involves cardio and physical conditioning). What really is a pathetic situation is that people is still arguing about that short camp Mendez as the main factor of Conor's victory.

Striking no. Conditioning obv. That's the whole point of a traingscamp. To get conditioned and have your weight on point.

Chad and his team-mates said before hand that he is always in fighting shape. Also, Chad had more than 2 weeks to get ready for the fight. Aldo got injured around 20th of June and the fight was on July 11th... he was told to start training as soon as the injury happened.

Back