Dustin Poirier would love to share a card with Jorge Masvidal against the Diaz brothers

Someone hurting his opponent in a fight isn’t a freak injury.

This is moronic. Do a count of total UFC fights in the last 15 yeas. Then do a count of how many resulted in a broken arm.

You are talking about an event that is in the course of 1,000:1 odds. It is by definition a freak injury.

A loss is a loss.

This is so stupid it really doesn't deserve a response. Of course a competitive decision is a better "loss" then getting summarily KOd in the first round. This is common sense and should not need to be said.

Cheers

This is moronic. Do a count of total UFC fights in the last 15 yeas. Then do a count of how many resulted in a broken arm.

You are talking about an event that is in the course of 1,000:1 odds. It is by definition a freak injury.

This is so stupid it really doesn't deserve a response. Of course a competitive decision is a better "loss" then getting summarily KOd in the first round. This is common sense and should not need to be said.

Cheers
Freak accident is going out for a donut and breaking your arm. A Anthony Pettis “Showtime Kick” that KTFO Benson Henderson was not a freak accident just because it had never happened in a MMA match and a broken arm which has happened many times in MMA matches due to arm bars and blocked kicks absolutely isn’t a freak accident it is INTENTIONAL, I don’t know why you are having a rough time understanding this.
As far as your statement that a first round knockout makes you less of a fighter .... I guess Serra must be your definition of a Goat because he sure knocked out one in the first round. Haha

Anthony Pettis “Showtime Kick” that KTFO Benson Henderson

Anthony Pettis did not KO Benson Henderson with a showtime kick, Henderson popped right back up. It was a 5 round decision.

You legitimately don't know what you're talking about.

was not a freak accident just because it had never happened in a MMA match and a broken arm which has happened many times in MMA matches due to arm bars and blocked kicks absolutely isn’t a freak accident it is INTENTIONAL, I don’t know why you are having a rough time understanding this.

There have been 600+ UFC events, and in the last near decade, these include a lineup of ~13 fighters per card. Out of something in the course of 6,000 UFC fights, how often does someone get a broken arm?

It is demonstrably a rare occurrence. This is not up for debate.

Tony suffered a freak injury when his arm broke, losing a decision to Michael Johnson. Its likely the bone was already damaged coming in to the fight, or the 1:1000 freak occurrence happened on its own. Either way, he goes on to win his next 12 consecutive fights.

Michael Johnson has never broken another arm, before or after. Nor has Ferguson. Between the two of them alone you are talking about a 1:62 occurrence.

Anthony Pettis did not KO Benson Henderson with a showtime kick, Henderson popped right back up. It was a 5 round decision.

You legitimately don't know what you're talking about.

There have been 600+ UFC events, and in the last near decade, these include a lineup of ~13 fighters per card. Out of something in the course of 6,000 UFC fights, how often does someone get a broken arm?

It is demonstrably a rare occurrence. This is not up for debate.

Tony suffered a freak injury when his arm broke, losing a decision to Michael Johnson. Its likely the bone was already damaged coming in to the fight, or the 1:1000 freak occurrence happened on its own. Either way, he goes on to win his next 12 consecutive fights.

Michael Johnson has never broken another arm, before or after. Nor has Ferguson. Between the two of them alone you are talking about a 1:62 occurrence.
So according to you the “Showtime Kick” was a complete freak accident and of course the 2 omoplata finishes were freak accidents too, the flying knee to end the night for Askerin must have been a freak accident as well because it so rarely happens? Think about how stupid your reply is and save yourself the embarrassment of sending it. Tony lost against a better striker. Khabib was smart enough not play that game.

So according to you the “Showtime Kick” was a complete freak accident and of course the 2 omoplata finishes were freak accidents too. the flying knee to end the night for Askerin must have been a freak accident as well because it so rarely happens?

No, those are described as "low percentage techniques." This is common knowledge in combative training.

You seem to be confused about Michael Johnson -vs- Ferguson. The act of throwing a high kick was not a freak accident, nor was Tony blocking it with his arm. The freak accident part is that in 600+ UFC events with over 5,000 individual fights, there have been literally tens of thousands of blocked high kicks.

The occurrence of a blocked high kick breaking an arm is the UFC cage is an event in the order of something like 1:10,000+ or more. It is by definition a freak occurrence.

This is common sense and should not need to be explained. I don't know if you are actually a ding-dong or you just play one on the internet for attention, but this has gotten boring.

Dustin had his chance and chickened out. As far as I'm concerned, Nate already beat him.

giphy.gif

No, those are described as "low percentage techniques." This is common knowledge in combative training.

You seem to be confused about Michael Johnson -vs- Ferguson. The act of throwing a high kick was not a freak accident, nor was Tony blocking it with his arm. The freak accident part is that in 600+ UFC events with over 5,000 individual fights, there have been literally tens of thousands of blocked high kicks.

The occurrence of a blocked high kick breaking an arm is the UFC cage is an event in the order of something like 1:10,000+ or more. It is by definition a freak occurrence.

This is common sense and should not need to be explained. I don't know if you are actually a ding-dong or you just play one on the internet for attention, but this has gotten boring.
So, a hundred million jabs have been thrown in MMA and the even lower percentage of one knocking someone out makes that also a freak accident. I got it. Haha

Give the Diaz bro's whatever they want. They are pioneers of the sport that had most of their careers stolen by fkn marijuana testing.

You wanna see a card break all records? Put the Diaz brothers on it.

Nate ruined his own career. He didn't test positive for marijuana.

So, a hundred million jabs have been thrown in MMA and the even lower percentage of one knocking someone out makes that also a freak accident. I got it. Haha

Yes exactly.

A jab causing a knockout in the UFC would be a wildly, wildly freak occurrence

You are finally starting to use your brain.

I have zero belief, that Cerrone is able to make this competitive even if he were allowed to at least try. Dana and Conor are cock best buddies.

Say what? He must have some stock in that Diaz “tainted supplements” company.

Nate ruined his own career. He didn't test positive for marijuana.
Pretty sure if they didn't have to worry about MJ testing they would have been fighting a lot more often.

Dustin wants to get paid. He probably feels that the Diaz brothers are more or less just Max on the feet and the pay is going to be much better.

Yes exactly.

A jab causing a knockout in the UFC would be a wildly, wildly freak occurrence

You are finally starting to use your brain.
No, I am mocking your distortion of reality .

Back