Dustin Poirier: Team Khabib reached out to say they want to fight me in first UFC lightweight title

Was it? Him getting exposed how shitty his boxing is to his cardio? Was it something that most reasonable fight fans knew when that farce was announced.

He had to be carried for 10 rnds, by a guy who barely trained

...but, but, but he hit Mayweather more than any other opponent (and didn't hurt him once).

i see we still have people that dont believe floyd carried conor for 10 rounds so the fans at least saw a lengthy fight. it wasnt "their moneys worth" obviously because it was a circus fight, a farce, but floyd at least kept him in the ring for a half hour instead of ending it in 3 rounds. imagine the fallout if that happened.

if dustin wins conor will be back so fast it will make your head spin
Agree, but the other options for Khabib right now are Lee is he wins or Alvarez. Conor would merrily fight any of them.

Ducking who?
wink.gif~c200

You know.

Tony is NOT coming back this year, and who knows what the fuck Conor is doing.

If those guys aren't available and Khabib wants to be active, I don't see a problem with him fighting Piorier, Alvarez or Lee (if he can beat Barboza).

Unless there's an actual timetable for Conor's return by the end of the year, why would anybody complain about Khabib fighting in the interim?
Exactly. Add to that there are some good reasons for and against Lee, Poirier and Alvarez to each be the next man to fight Khabib. None is a perfect option but of the 'big three' at LW only Khabib is currently active.

A fight > no fight

Poirier/Khabib is fine.

If finishing Justin is what gets you a title shot, Alvarez just did it too. I think Dustin/Alvarez rematching for #1 contender makes the most sense since there is unfinished business there.

Was it? Him getting exposed how shitty his boxing is to his cardio? Was it something that most reasonable fight fans knew when that farce was announced.

He had to be carried for 10 rnds, by a guy who barely trained
It was MayweatherGoat money team belt. 50-0 was fun, Conor just taking a break. He'll be back this year or next, khabob hardly fights anyway.

Lets wait and see how Kevin lee vs barbosa goes. If lee can finish barbosa I think he should get the next shot considering he fought tony with a huge staph infection

Your boy trying to price himself out of fights, and doing stupid shit so he can duck longer. Wants to be P4P champion over 700 days without fighting

<TheWire1> Ooooh, makes sense now...

Its Conor or Tony. Go fuck yourself Khabib. You just decisioned #11 for your title. Your also a boring ass fighter who shows only sometimes.

Zero shot calling credit to Khabib.

So you're willing to wait until mid next year? Cause Conor isn't fighting anytime soon after the stupid stunt he pulled and Tony will be out at least 9 months. He didn't just tear his LCL, it came fully off. That will take some serious time to recover from.

Tony has been injured plenty of times too, and Conor abandoned the fucking sport.

If the one of the big three at LW who's currently healthy and actually wants to fight the other elite level fighters in the division, then what are you complaining about?

Imagine that. Guys who are ranked and top contenders that actually want to fight and hold the sport and the division hostage.

Goddamn conor cucks worry more about the size of his man purse than the actual sport

Yeah i also remember Michael Jordan playing baseball too

The irony being conor took more damage in the Floyd fight than any of his man fights (except the Nate fights), some kind of "break"

This is a disgrace, Khabib should have waited for the winner of Kevin Lee vs. Barboza and then made decisions. Because Kevin Lee is his toughest fight and if he beats Barboza in better fashion than Khabib did then he would be more deserving.

Let's not forget that Kevin Lee put on a hell of a performance against Tony while dealing with a staph infection AND is only 25.

Khabib's team basically chose Dustin because he matches up well with Khabib.

This is a disgrace, Khabib should have waited for the winner of Kevin Lee vs. Barboza and then made decisions. Because Kevin Lee is his toughest fight and if he beats Barboza in better fashion than Khabib did then he would be more deversing.

Lol you think either Lee or Barboza are deserving of a title shot, with each with a loss in their last fight?

This is a disgrace, Khabib should have waited for the winner of Kevin Lee vs. Barboza and then made decisions. Because Kevin Lee is his toughest fight and if he beats Barboza in better fashion than Khabib did then he would be more deserving.

Let's not forget that Kevin Lee put on a hell of a performance against Tony while dealing with a staph infection AND is only 25.

Khabib's team basically chose Dustin because he matches up well with Khabib.

You're acting like the fight is already made and booked...which it absolutely isn't. And what happens if Barboza wins?

Lol you think either Lee or Barboza are deserving of a title shot, with each with a loss in their last fight?
Tony is a way better fighter than any of Dustin's last opponents. Plus he fought Tony with an infection and did very well as he was close to finishing him in the first.

Also notice I said if he beats Barboza in better fashion than Khabib did. If Kevin Lee finishes Barboza I would say he is more deserving than Dustin because Barboza is a tougher fight.

Let's face it. Dustin has zero shot. Kevin does. That's why Khabib's team want to skip over him.

Back