Dustin Poirier: Team Khabib reached out to say they want to fight me in first UFC lightweight title

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
According to Poirier, Nurmagomedov’s manager reached out to him to express interest in the showdown, telling “The Diamond” that he is indeed next in line for “The Eagle.”

“I think it’s pretty good chances, Tony’s timeline is nine months and we got to see if Conor comes back, maybe he doesn’t. Khabib’s manager reached out to me and told me I’m the next guy in line and they want to fight me,” revealed Poirier on The MMA Hour, saying Russia could be a landing spot for Khabib’s first-ever title defense.

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Lol of course.

According to Poirier, Nurmagomedov’s manager reached out to him to express interest in the showdown, telling “The Diamond” that he is indeed next in line for “The Eagle.”

“I think it’s pretty good chances, Tony’s timeline is nine months and we got to see if Conor comes back, maybe he doesn’t. Khabib’s manager reached out to me and told me I’m the next guy in line and they want to fight me,” revealed Poirier on The MMA Hour, saying Russia could be a landing spot for Khabib’s first-ever title defense.

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Easy win for Khabib. He isnt gonna brawl Dustin.

Ducking Conor

534653.jpg

Champion vs. #1 contender.

Boy, I missed it.

wow didnt know ali abdelaziz is ufc's matchmaker

im not even sure why this is being mentioned at the moment, ramadan is just around the corner. following not too long after is the yearly tiramisu eating competition...

whats the point?

by the time theyre both ready, ferg will be ready

No please no

Do we really want to waste a Khabib fight on Poirier?

If Conor keeps ducking and Ferg is out that long, then this is the matchup to make. Who should Eddie fight, though?

It'd be my third pic. However, I don't know how long Tony's out for or Conor for that matter.

If we can't have Ferguson or Conor vs Khabib, then this is a perfectly reasonable option.

I wouldn't mind Poirier Vs Ferg if they manage to make Conor fight Khabib.

If not Conor, put Eddie Vs Khabib.

No please no

Do we really want to waste a Khabib fight on Poirier?
If Tony is on a 9 month recovery and Conor is still being a diva then yes. As he is the most deserving available guy and puts on great fights. Alvarez and khabib are his best 2 options for fights currently with Tony out. And I don't see them doing the Eddie rematch now

Man Khabib smokes Dustin. Personally I wanna see Dustin and Eddie run it back and the winner get a TS. If at all possilble the fight to make is clearly Conor/Khabib prob near the end of the year. If not possible and If Kevin smokes Edson i actually wouldn’t mind seeing him get the shot

No shit.. easy fight and easy defense... low PPV.

If Conor doesn't take the fight then give it to Lee if he wins next weekend.. maybe he stuffs some TD's or even gets them that will be interesting. (Tony out at least one year)

No shit.. easy fight and easy defense... low PPV.

If Conor doesn't take the fight then give it to Lee if he wins next weekend.. maybe he stuffs some TD's or even gets them that will be interesting. (Tony out at least one year)

Dustin deserves the fight more, but Lee is the better matchup

Back