Media Dustin Poirier says he will “probably go to 170” if he defeats Charles Oliveira at UFC 269

Omg imagine khamzat vs Dustin. Khamzat might literally throw him over the octagon and murder him

By taking the Conor fight over the title shot, Dustin told me all I needed to know about his intentions. Good on him for getting his payday. But that's definitely not the kind of guy I want holding the belt. We've seen far too many "champions" get a belt then either sit on it or hold up the division by chasing money fights. No thanks.

Dustin ain't small. He'd be average at 170. I think hed do well in that division...but Usman would give him problems

“No, I’m not retiring. I’m 32, man. I feel good. You see the way I’m moving out here today. I feel good. I’m having fun. If anything, I’ll go up. I’ll probably go to 170, if anything,” Poirier told MMAjunkie.com’s Danny Segura “But no, honestly, my goal isn’t to try to have the most successful title defenses. I don’t know. We’ll see."

Dustin-Poirier-1.jpg

@Ackmed
He will get destroyed at 170. The Size difference is too big. He is not muscular too. You might post his definition at weigh ins, but when he moves in the cage he looks like a wet sausage instead of his muscle balling up.

I hope he does go up to 170 so the division doesn’t get held up even longer when Conor comes back and demands a rematch.

He is just trying to create more leverage in some way.

Let's get that Colby fight rolling. I really want to see those two go at, bad blood fight. They're very close in weight as it is....

Already looking past Olives and planning ahead. Hopefully, Olives wins in dominant fashion.

He's probably going to make more money vacating and fighting conor or nate at 170 than continuing to defend against gaethje and islam.
He can defend against Conor and make way more money.

Dustin isnt champ material
Charles strangles him handily

If by some miracle he pulls it off in December, McGregor and Gaethje are coming for him at 155, and Colby at 170. Nowhere to hide. Should start dieting post-fight right away. But I see him retiring, win or lose.
McGregor is coming for him? What, because he said so on Twitter? McGregor needs some wins before he even sniffs the jockstrap of a current champ.

War Dustin I don't give a f if he moves up in weight or down in weight or stays in the same weight class.

McGregor is coming for him? What, because he said so on Twitter? McGregor needs some wins before he even sniffs the jockstrap of a current champ.
You couldn't be more wrong, Conor gets the title fight. It is what it is but that's the UFC, it's all about selling PPVs. Khabib stopped Conor from getting an undeserved title shot but Poirier or Oliveira don't hate Conor like Khabib and they are not set for life like Khabib and will take the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back