Media Dustin Poirier says he will “probably go to 170” if he defeats Charles Oliveira at UFC 269

He's probably going to make more money vacating and fighting conor or nate at 170 than continuing to defend against gaethje and islam.

ImpressiveDearGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

No.

Hes too small for WW and if he wins, I’d want to see a champion actually defend. Hope Charles wins now so we can see defences
Its a bad idea, plus, hmmm Justin or top 5 WW...Dustin has enough at LW.

Oh ya, Poirier is soooo scared of a guy he finished.

Poirier, the guy who is undefeated in rematches, is sooo scared of fighting a guy he has already beat.

“Ducking” a guy you already beat, one of my personal favourite sherdog idiocies.

the-office-steve-carell.gif
And got his quad torn and imo was an eyepoke away from finishing Dustin in the 3rd

And got his quad torn and imo was an eyepoke away from finishing Dustin in the 3rd
Gaethje landed multiple eyepokes throughout the fight, and in other fights. Like the Barboza one.

If there was no referee, Gaethje would be dead. What's a quad tear compared to losing your life.

Gaethje has gotten better yes, but so has Poirier.

He has to be talking fights at WW that make money/sense

Like Nate and Colby fights

“No, I’m not retiring. I’m 32, man. I feel good. You see the way I’m moving out here today. I feel good. I’m having fun. If anything, I’ll go up. I’ll probably go to 170, if anything,” Poirier told MMAjunkie.com’s Danny Segura “But no, honestly, my goal isn’t to try to have the most successful title defenses. I don’t know. We’ll see."

Dustin-Poirier-1.jpg

@Ackmed
I don't get the idea that he's ducking Gaethje, but I don't really like him at 170. His defensive wrestling is his achilles heal in my opinion, and 170 is very top-heavy with wrestlers.

He's gonna duck Islam. He knows there's no shot at beating Islam. If he can't beat Khabib there's no way he's beating Islam, who's an even worse stylistic matchup for Dustin.

I don't get the idea that he's ducking Gaethje, but I don't really like him at 170. His defensive wrestling is his achilles heal in my opinion, and 170 is very top-heavy with wrestlers.

Agreed, plus with the size/strength difference non wrestlers with average to good takedowns at WW will be a big problem for Dustin as well and guys will be more durable and hit harder.

If he were to take a fight with Nate at WW though it's not a bad idea since he isn't really a WW anyway.

Dustin isnt champ material
Charles strangles him handily

If by some miracle he pulls it off in December, McGregor and Gaethje are coming for him at 155, and Colby at 170. Nowhere to hide. Should start dieting post-fight right away. But I see him retiring, win or lose.
He ko's Conor for the 3rd time and Gaethje for the 2nd.

Dustin isnt champ material
Charles strangles him handily

If by some miracle he pulls it off in December, McGregor and Gaethje are coming for him at 155, and Colby at 170. Nowhere to hide. Should start dieting post-fight right away. But I see him retiring, win or lose.
No where to hide from the guys Dustin's done beat before, makes sense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back