Dustin Poirier re-ups with the UFC! Signs new deal!

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kQEwGQ&usg=AFQjCNGqkEsWXusoGFiaoJUnpiIPV79RGA

Source Fox Sports

But but...the Reebok deal...but but..lol. cool he's been on a tear since moving up to 155 glad he resigned.

Who do y'all think he should fight next? Slim picking now that khabib/Ferguson, Pettis/barbosa Diaz/Alvarez(most likely) are booked up maybe someone like Mj when he returns from injury if he ain't out that long

not.jpg

Could you not link through Google search results mate?

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-new-multi-fight-contract-with-the-ufc-021816

The floodgates are open.

Bellator is calling.

Guys like Poirier proved they belong with the best, I'm glad the UFC brass sees that and gave him a good contract. I thinkafter his fight with Mcgregor fans got to see that he's no bum and slowly becoming a fan favorite. Good on him.

I think he should face one of the 8-15 guys like Dariush, Mairbeck, Iaquinta, MJ

Guys like Poirier proved they belong with the best, I'm glad the UFC brass sees that and gave him a good contract. I thinkafter his fight with Mcgregor fans got to see that he's no bum and slowly becoming a fan favorite. Good on him.
On the other hand, how would it look for McGregor to have only fought guys who then went to the minor leagues? Makes him look like a can crusher. Dana White sees deez tings.

I think he should face one of the 8-15 guys like Dariush, Mairbeck, Iaquinta, MJ

He should fight someone higher ranked, but I'd really like to see him beat the shit out of Chiesa for some reason.

yeah him getting starched in 45 seconds is when I found out hes legit

"His little pea head"
"A gust of wind and he takes a knee"

LOL

Well deserved, he's looked very good recently at Lightweight.

He should fight someone higher ranked, but I'd really like to see him beat the shit out of Chiesa for some reason.

Why should he fight someone higher ranked? All those guys have had more success at LW and still haven't got their shot at an elite lw

Every time I see a "but but....." statement, without fail it is to some nonsense statement that nobody said. Nobody has suggested the UFC won't be able to resign guys. Probably 1/3 of its roster has been signed or resigned since the Reebox deal.

What has been said is some vets with name recognition may start signing with Bellator, particularly with the ability to have their own sponsors (since they have name-recognition), and depending on how aggressive Bellator is and whether the UFC is serious about pursuing or matching.

On the other hand, how would it look for McGregor to have only fought guys who then went to the minor leagues? Makes him look like a can crusher. Dana White sees deez tings.
You are obsessed with Mcgregor bro

good for him. i want to see him fight Nate Diaz next

Good on him. He's a marketable guy and never boring...UFC likes fighters like him...not Jake Shields...

Back