Media Dustin Poirier on Khabib Nurmagomedov "I'm gonna bring him to places he's never been in there"

Dustin isn’t as big of an underdog as many of you believe. He really has improved. Now can he stop the chain wrestling of Khabib most likely not but he is well rounded and his mma boxing is first rate.
Yeah. IMO this fight hinges on whether Dustin can shuck Khabib off when he inevitably get into the clinch. If Khabib is able to grind and knee him against the cage and then take him down repeatedly then Dustin is in big trouble. If Dustin can disengage, circle away, and land strikes as Khabib tries to get back to the clinch then he can get the momentum rolling his way. I just don't see Dustin finishing even with his power as Khabib seems to have an iron jaw. That's a long 25 minutes to try avoid being chain wrestled and ground down.

Dustin’s boxing first rate LOL?

The dude is fun to watch but he gets dropped or hurt in just about every fight. His offense consists of winging hooks and his defense is pedestrian.

Dustin’s best bet is to replicate Conor’s/Als gameplan and try to outwork/catch Khabib in the later rounds. Either that or swing for the fences early like MJ.
Who has better boxing in the division?

Id love to see Khabib get wrestle fucked one day lol

:d
First rate MMA boxing. :)

(On a side note, how bizarre is that Michael Johnson has wins over Poirier AND Ferguson (AND Barboza)?)
MJ is the ultimate MMA wildcard. On one day, he drops and outworks Ferguson, while on the other he goes to a decision with Lobov.

we need some journalists with balls...

'Dustin, just to clarify, by 'bring him to places he's never been' do you mean that you will bring him to 28-0?"

Look how huge Dustin Poirier appears to be compared to Khabib Nurmagomedov. Is Dustin even going to make the weight? LOL

His craft is slightly better but I think that’s more due to developing an actual fight IQ and putting more focus on S&C for LW. He looks much bigger and stronger than he did at FW.

Before Dustin would get hurt and start swinging, now he’s more patient and calculated. When he was hurt/tired against Alvarez, Holloway, and Gaethje he knew when to hang back and recover showing much more maturity.
Well said. I agree his S&C work has definitely paid off. And his fight IQ has gotten better. Most fighters not named Max Holloway would have folded after the shots Dustin landed.

Yeah. IMO this fight hinges on whether Dustin can shuck Khabib off when he inevitably get into the clinch. If Khabib is able to grind and knee him against the cage and then take him down repeatedly then Dustin is in big trouble. If Dustin can disengage, circle away, and land strikes as Khabib tries to get back to the clinch then he can get the momentum rolling his way. I just don't see Dustin finishing even with his power as Khabib seems to have an iron jaw. That's a long 25 minutes to try avoid being chain wrestled and ground down.
Agreed. Also I don’t dislike Khabib. I want to see Ferguson vs Khabib that’s been the fight I’ve wanted to see for quite some time now.

Well, Poirer does have experience of the 'dark place', as you put it.

<[analyzed}>

TinyAggressiveLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

i have been known to fanboy for mj, might have to run that one back

Well, Poirer does have experience of the 'dark place', as you put it.

<[analyzed}>

TinyAggressiveLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

ok i rewatched it. i didnt realise this the first time around, but johnson hits dustin so hard that the referees shoe comes off...you can actually see it in the gif

{<huh}

Dustin’s boxing first rate LOL?

The dude is fun to watch but he gets dropped or hurt in just about every fight. His offense consists of winging hooks and his defense is pedestrian.

Dustin’s best bet is to replicate Conor’s/Als gameplan and try to outwork/catch Khabib in the later rounds. Either that or swing for the fences early like MJ.
so, you're saying Holloway sucks?

so, you're saying Holloway sucks?

Holloway is a good fighter but he punches like a WMMA fighter. He needed 500+ flush punches to put away FWs, he couldn’t even crack Dustin’s sketchy chin at LW

<36>

I like poirer but he's very beatable. Now I'm not saying he's not a really good fighter he is, but I just don't see him doing much against Khabib. I would love to see Dustin win, just don't the will. I could honestly see khabib ko'ing him. If khabib lands the same shot to Dustin that he landed on Conor it's lights out.

Breaking: Dustin Poirier is bringing Khabib to a women's rights march.

Back