Media Dustin Poirier on Khabib Nurmagomedov "I'm gonna bring him to places he's never been in there"

Dustin’s boxing first rate LOL?

The dude is fun to watch but he gets dropped or hurt in just about every fight. His offense consists of winging hooks and his defense is pedestrian.

Dustin’s best bet is to replicate Conor’s/Als gameplan and try to outwork/catch Khabib in the later rounds. Either that or swing for the fences early like MJ.
Defense pedestrian?? Lmaoo

I mean, Dustin is a good fighter, it's not like it is completely impossible 100/100 fights.

But I see Khabib making Dustin mentally quit due to GnP as a more likely outcome, by far.

Gonna take 'Beeb to new... Dustinations.

This fight is still happening?

Heard Khabieber challenged Tom Cruise

Poiriers shown me nothing with his takedown defense to make me think he's going to stop getting mauled. I'd love to be wrong because Khabib bores the shit out of me.

Poirier has a suspect chin. I bet you Khabib KOs him unintentionally while flailing his arms around

Is that place darker than GSP's?

Dustin is a great fighter, but it would have sounded more convincing if either of these two guys said that.
960.jpg

justin-gaethje-celebrates-after-beating-michael-johnson-in-ufc-fight-1040x572.jpg

:d
First rate MMA boxing. :)

(On a side note, how bizarre is that Michael Johnson has wins over Poirier AND Ferguson (AND Barboza)?)
Even more bizarre when you consider he got outboxed by Diaz and finished by Khabib.

Dustin is a great fighter, but it would have sounded more convincing if either of these two guys said that.
960.jpg

justin-gaethje-celebrates-after-beating-michael-johnson-in-ufc-fight-1040x572.jpg

The first one yeah. JG...man I love the guy but let's be real: Dustin fought him in a 100% typical Gaethje slugfest and Poirier stopped him.

But yeah...Tony's trail of violence and win streak gives it a bit more credibility.

we'll see who takes who
to deeper water

my money is on Khabib
to take Dustin
to places he's never been

I want Dustin to win but I just don't see it happening. I hope he sees this and uses it as motivation, tbh.

He needs to go into the fight intending to KO Khabib in the 1st Round when both of them are near 100%. He needs to come at him right away throwing bombs, maybe throw Khabib off balance enough that he can't shoot and just let it rip.

Not much of a gameplan, I know, but sometimes the way to win a hard fight is via simplistic perfection. Dustin has great boxing and some decent power. Go all in on that shit and knock Tiramisu out! There's no way he's going to beat Khabib in a 3,4 round fight. The power won't be there anymore and DP clearly isn't doing anything to Khabib on the ground after his cardio has been draining for 10,15 minutes. No way :)

Hopefully unconsciousness.

Team Diamond all day

The one word that came to mind when asked about Tony was "deserve." He didnt say that for any other top 10 LW.

He gave a lot of respect to Tony in today's press conference and ESPN interview.

Back