Dustin Poirier is one of the biggest French superstars of the sport. Second to only GSP.

Good thread, solid point. A classic French vs Irish showdown. I’m on this, Dustin could be the best French combat athlete out there. Whoever said le daimonde lol

Exciting news.

Come on man

884619912.jpg.0-e1516198844513.jpg

Dude's first name literally means Frenchman.

France has a long history in MMA, In addition to ones already mentioned:

Daniel Cormier
Alan Jaboun
Melvin Guillard
Liz Carmouche
Montreal Edmond

It’s the same reason Cormier has an Acadian last name.

I heard a story of an Acadian girl from where my girlfriend is from, moving there for some reason or whatever ans when she got there, a bunch of people baked pies and whatever else and said they were glad to have another Acadian in town.

for those don’t know, the Acadian French (not to be confused with those from Quebec) were shipped off from their homes in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and many settled in Louisiana. It’s the root of much of their French culture there

acadians are French too but without the elitist attitude many Quebecois tend to have. Some of the nicest people you’ll meet although I may be biased...

There was a fake Irish guy.. I forget his name but he called himself the Irish Hand Grenade..

Dude wasn't even Irish but came out to bag pipes playing while swinging the Irish flag and all..

Fighters started calling him out on it

Marcus Davis

Back