Dustin Poirier Is Not Playing Games

Thinking he has a few more fights to go before getting that title shot... 155 is stacked to the gills...

Dustin is a warrior. Good for him having some fire in his veins.

He’s good at best. Mediocre most of the time. Never will be champion.

This guy got KO'd by a rookie 145er. Got KO'd by Michael Johnson (who is now getting finished by rookies and 145ers). He beats a has-been and a rookie, and now he is a number 1 contender?

I don't respect UFC rankings at all. It is obvious that it is based on celebrity and recent exciting win bias.

Conor was far from a rookie

Dustin is one is JBG's disciples, I'll always be a fan
<{JustBleed}>

This guy got KO'd by a rookie 145er. Got KO'd by Michael Johnson (who is now getting finished by rookies and 145ers). He beats a has-been and a rookie, and now he is a number 1 contender?

I don't respect UFC rankings at all. It is obvious that it is based on celebrity and recent exciting win bias.

It's called "What have you done for me lately"

Speaking of Dustin... anyone remember how crazy his fight vs. the Korean Zombie was? I feel like that fight got drowned out in the MMA public's consciousness by all the incredible wars of the last five years or so. A lot of it is probably because of KZ's four-year layoff I guess, but it's definitely one of the best fights of all-time — a must-watch if you haven't seen it yet. And it was on Fuel TV of all networks! Crazy part about it is Dustin has fought 15 times since then (11-3, 1 NC), meanwhile KZ has only fought twice (1-1). Basically what I'm saying is I miss KZ and we need him back. War Poirier and War KZ!

Poirer is the most exciting fighter in the UFC

What's your definition of the word "rookie"?

Doesn't mean shit if he wins and UFC decides to give someone else the shot. What is he gonna do, throw a dolly at a bus? He can say whatever he wants on Twitter but he has no leverage.

True. The second Conor decides to actually fight MMA, all the rankings / streaks / strength-of-schedules go out the window, and in their place, a shiny new Undisputed-Interim-Super-Weight belt appears.

If he wins, he will be 9-1-1 in the lightweight division. With 2 legit top wins. Hell yeah that should be enough for a titleshot.

I'm gonna scratch that itch the title leaves you...

Welcome Sherdog.

Back