Dustin Poirier is being brought to Abu Dhabi as a sacrificial lamb ...

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
... to the entertainment of oil monarchs, sheikhs, the Emirati regime, and the family of Al-Nahyan.

The press conference two days ago didn't feel like a competition, it felt like a funeral. Poirier showing his opponent too much respect, and showing reverence to him by shaking his hand with both hands. While Poirier treated Khabib like a spiritual leader, Khabib totally overlooked Poirier, and is already eyeing fights with Ferguson and GSP.

The state sponsored event will also feature squash matches like Islam Machachev vs Not-Sergio Ramos.

This isn't a fight card, it's a calculated massacre.

At the end of the night, Dana, Khabib, Ali AbdelAziz, and Abdulmanap will be feasting with the royal family exactly like this.

I will be practicing black magic as I usually do to give Poirier a chance, but this time, the Djinns are all on Dana and Khabib's side. The upset is a quasi-impossibility.

Enjoy the show, Sherbrethern.

...But might just KO Khabib, who knows? This is MMA.

what?

This fight makes perfect sense, and Dustin has certainly earned it.

That's Dana's plan. Let's hope he fails.
The event is there to bring a lot of money and to give Khabib a little advantage and "home" bonus. Sadly we don't know what else.

This fight is so fucking stupid. Why the fuck hasn't Ferguson/Khabib been booked like everyone wanted instead of this farce?

This fight is so fucking stupid. Why the fuck hasn't Ferguson/Khabib been booked for the FIFTH TIME like everyone wanted instead of this farce?

You forgot that important little tidbit, as if to suggest they've tried to avoid this fight.

OP is whack.

Khabib initiated both handshakes, and throughout the conference he kept saying he'll focus on Dustin when asked about Tony.

This fight is so fucking stupid. Why the fuck hasn't Ferguson/Khabib been booked like everyone wanted instead of this farce?

1. They've booked it four times before, it falls apart every time

2. Dustin is the Interim Champion

3. Tony would be in Dustin's shoes right now if he had accepted the fight with Holloway at 236 and won

... to the entertainment of oil monarchs, sheikhs, the Emirati regime, and the family of Al-Nahyan.

The press conference two days ago didn't feel like a competition, it felt like a funeral. Poirier showing his opponent too much respect, and showing reverence to him by shaking his hand with both hands. While Poirier treated Khabib like a spiritual leader, Khabib totally overlooked Poirier, and is already eyeing fights with Ferguson and GSP.

The state sponsored event will also feature squash matches like Islam Machachev vs Not-Sergio Ramos.

At the end of the night, Dana, Khabib, Ali AbdelAziz, and Abdulmanap will be feasting with the royal family exactly like this.

I will be practicing black magic as I usually do to give Poirier a chance, but this time, the Djinns are all on Dana and Khabib's side. The upset is a quasi-impossibility.

lol Davi Ramos is one of the best grapplers in MMA multiple times BJJ world champion including ADCC

That's Dana's plan. Let's hope he fails.
The event is there to bring a lot of money and to give Khabib a little advantage and "home" bonus. Sadly we don't know what else.

It's not really a home bonus though as UAE is a foreign country for Khabib as well, even if he is muslim.

Also this whole talk of Dustin: "I'm going to enemy territory. I will be at a disadvantage because of jet lag and time difference.".

Well Khabib fought his whole career with this disadvantage. If you just come 2-3 weeks in advance before the fight you are good on the fight night.

Love both of these guys, this will be a tough one. I see Poirier catching the L. Khabib is just on another level. I know he just fought Max but i don't think Dustin has been in the ring with someone as skilled as Khabib. Toughest fight of his life for sure.

If Dustin is Champion material, he must go through this test.

During Khabib v McGregor, 90 % of the arena were Conor fans.

I know its not related but the new belt really looks bad when next to the old belt. Old belt looks way better.

lol Davi Ramos is one of the best grapplers in MMA multiple times BJJ world champion including ADCC

That's exactly the con Dana is pulling on the fans. If you google his record, it's impressive. I've watch his UFC fights, you'll be unimpressed, and see clearly what Dana is trying to pull here. Give Islam an easy win over a perceived good opponent who isn't actually good, as the sheikhs and moguls of Arab Emirates clap in admiration.

i think dustin will do better than conor did.....

agreed.
khabib roflstomps conor, but dustin is going to do somethin??. pluease

Back