Media Dustin Poirier: I favor Gaethje. Chandler is going to have a hard time getting him down

Yeah, the hook Charles hit him with was insane and he wasn't even out lol, he was laughing
lol agree to disagree. He's going to sleep if gaethje throws a powershot like that, imo.

35 years old. Age and attrition add up.

Chandler can knock out Gaethje but vice versa is true as well. Also Chandler doesn't take leg kicks very well and we all know Gaethje is one of the best at leg kicks

People thinking Gaethje is the same guy that fought Michael Johnson is hilarious. Them also thinking that Chandler has the chin to eat the shots that Eddie or Dustin did from Gaethje aren't thinking straight. Those thinking that because Khabib made Gaethje look horrible as a grappler and that Chandler will have lost their fucking minds.

Chandler has a shot here because he hits hard, but Gaethje has a good chin has a tendency to get hurt when he's exhausted more than anything else. He's shown that he's more composed now and since Mike is a glass cannon, he either finds a quick knockout or gets picked apart and finished.

I hope this is five rounds. It really should be.
It better be

So is Gaethje then
I'm not sure. I don't think he'll land clean, because he has to come in, his reach is slightly shorter than gaethje. It's possible, but I don't think he's going to land clean, he has to land a clean shot. Gaethje jsut has to land a hard shot. Not even clean.

Poirer went legit life and death with Hooker in a razor thin decision.

Chandler cartoon knocked out Hooker in the first round after treating him like his 12 year old little cousin.

Why in the world would Chandler need to get anybody down to win? He has spectacular KO power. He nearly put away the current champ too. Aside from getting smashed by Khabib, the two best guys JG fought were Poirer and Alvarez. The both knocked him out in dog fights.
chandler got his ass kicked by will brooks twice, he's overrated af

Jim Millers leg kicks fucked up Dustin far more than Justin. Seems like he forgot how painful that was. He couldnt even walk properly after and considered taking a long time off.

Frankly, I think Tony is shot and the fact that he was completely dominated literally bell to bell in his next to fights should color his bout with JG differently. That just wasn't the same Tony from a few years back, we've seen it a million times in MMA.

Chandler doesn't need to emulate Khabib, although he is unequivocally the better MMA grappler. I think he can bang just as well as Alvarez can, and he took him out in a dog fight.

My point is this should be a pick-em. JG nearly got murdered by Michael Johnson.
Everything you’re saying is correct. However, JG has totally evolved as a fighter. All the Things you’re mentioning seem like a distant past compared to the new JG we have seen (minus khabib). I think JG is a fav here and I think he’s much more well rounded and dangerous than chandler. But a lot of that is just intuition and you really can’t fault anyone for picking chandler in this matchup. I don’t think it’ll be close but I wouldn’t be shocked if chandler pulled it out. Classic hedging my bets I know

JG got knocked out in dog fights against the two toughest guys he fought. I'm excluding Khabib because he's in a class his own.

Tony has been completely dominated bell to bell in his last two, which colors his fight with JG differently. He's looking shot. That shot Tony still knocked JG down like a sack of potatoes in the first round.

This fight is a legit pickem. Chandler looked incredible against Hooker and has freak power and speed still. He nearly put away Do Bronx too. JG is hittable and has 2 KO losses in his short UFC career. There is no real reason to pick him as the favorite.
Tony looking shot after the Gaethje fight has more to do with the damage Gaethje inflicted on him though. So that's still a solid win for Gaethje, Tony was still considered very dangerous before that fight and at the top of the division challenging the champion.

JG got knocked out in dog fights against the two toughest guys he fought. I'm excluding Khabib because he's in a class his own.

Tony has been completely dominated bell to bell in his last two, which colors his fight with JG differently. He's looking shot. That shot Tony still knocked JG down like a sack of potatoes in the first round.

This fight is a legit pickem. Chandler looked incredible against Hooker and has freak power and speed still. He nearly put away Do Bronx too. JG is hittable and has 2 KO losses in his short UFC career. There is no real reason to pick him as the favorite.
I think Chandler has a chance to win, I just don't see why someone would pick him over Gaethje... Gaethje got has been KO'd after multiple rounds of hell, I don't see Chandler being able to survive like Poirier or Alvarez can

You think he Chandler can eat this?

I don't think anyone in the LW division survives this. If not a KO atleast a knockdown guaranteed. Its absolutely superhuman how Khabib ate this without breaking a sweat..

Frankly, I think Tony is shot and the fact that he was completely dominated literally bell to bell in his next to fights should color his bout with JG differently. That just wasn't the same Tony from a few years back, we've seen it a million times in MMA.
Justin Gaethje is the reason Tony is shot.

it took Khabib walking through the fire to talk Gaethje down. I don't see michael doing that. I see at best he can time gaethje and knock gaethje down on his ass, but if gaethje hits his shots, it's a wrap. Gaethje doesn't hit ngannou hard, but he hits harder than oliveira and looks like he hits harder than pitbull. So gaethje can touch him and chandler go to sleep. CHandler sucks at scrambling while woozy compared to other elite fighters right now.
A lot of people need to rewatch that fight, Khabib has a hell of a poker face... Gaethje was closer to beating him than anyone else

Chandler has a grappling and hand speed advantage but Justine has crazy durability and good power and his kickboxing is phenomenal.
Tough pick. I'll come back and make a decision after I watch their last three fights again. I could see Chandler cracking him with and overhand right and submitting Justin. Not my final answer

Poirer went legit life and death with Hooker in a razor thin decision.

Chandler cartoon knocked out Hooker in the first round after treating him like his 12 year old little cousin.

Why in the world would Chandler need to get anybody down to win? He has spectacular KO power. He nearly put away the current champ too. Aside from getting smashed by Khabib, the two best guys JG fought were Poirer and Alvarez. The both knocked him out in dog fights.
Hooker fought like a scared bitch against Chandler. Did literally nothing other than throwing a couple kicks. There’s nothing to be learned from that performance other than if you do nothing and let Chandler chase you maybe he connects. Do you see Gaethje doing this lol

Not sure he does, Khabib although he’s levels above everyone else in grappling really exposed Gaethje, shown if you get behind him he’s easily taken down. And when he’s on the ground Khabib cut through him like a hot knife through butter. It almost looked as if Gaethje did not prepare for the ground game at all

Back