Media Dustin Poirier: "Gonna be a September to remember! #undisputed"

Let’s hope so! I’ve been one of the only guys on this train for awhile.

This will be Khabib's closest fight yet.

You need to be better than Khabib at something. Al Iaquinta is good everywhere, but he doesn't excel enough anywhere to put Khabib in trouble. Khabib has better wrestling and stand up than Al.

Poirier has quicker hands, solid defense, solid wrestling, and cardio for 5 rounds.

Hope it's competitive. Always thought Tony was the more dangerous matchup for Khabib compared to Dustin.

Khabib will maul him... but see this being more competitive then the Mcgregor fight. Just hope he doesn't get screwed over for some " Money Fight ".

This is a very interesting fight. Can't wait.

I don't think Khabib is safe.

It's going to be undisputed, the only issue is it won't be around Dustin's waist.

Unfortunately he's probably the 3rd or 4th option for Khabib's next fight

Yes we’ll be sayin “member’ that September when Khabib wrestlefucked Poirier to a decision?”

Good fight. Khabib gas that intangible wrestling. But I see Dustin having the much better arsenal on the feet.

Easy fight for Khabib

Solid chin , above average cardio, high level grappling and has enough defense to stay safe in the stand up vs Dustin

Plus Dustin is slow enough to allow Khabib room to breathe

Poirier has quicker hands, solid defense, solid wrestling, and cardio for 5 rounds.
Dustin does have better striking than Khabib, but Al is a better wrestler (at least defensively) with much better cardio.

Dustin has 69% TDD and has never faced a wrestler on Khabib's level, and we saw him get gassed after the 2nd round. Al's cardio is levels better than Dustin's.

The only chance Dustin has is to KO/TKO Khabib in the first 2 rounds.

Poor Dustin is in over his head.

Fight Nate, boy.

I dont actually think this happens next. I think Conor sees Poirier as his quickest path to the Khabib rematch, & I think the UFC would do it to get Poirier's unmarketable ass out of the title picture.

Poirier would stand to make more money and avenging a previous loss. And the UFC could counter fan/media backlash by making Khabib vs Tony (with the Yaquinta/Cerrone winner on stand by).

I just don't see them doing Khabib/Poirier next but I would be happy to see it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back