Media Dustin Poirier gives advise to Gaethje

What does he mean by "a piece of the real one"?

Khabib didn't cut his belt up and share part of it. He didn't share his accomplishments with anyone.

It's fine to be grateful for what you have, but I would never lie to myself and say that the belt that I have is anything other than a runner-up, 2nd-best, best #1 contender belt.

There should only ever be one belt. Give them a different title, but don't give them a championship belt if it doesn't mean they're not the champ...

You mean like this?

aosECR9.gif

{<jordan}

Joking aside, I do agree with you though. As @Dana's Moonface knows I find Conor a loathsome cretin, but I have changed my mind about his chances Vs Tony, Justin, and Dustin. He should probably be a favourite over all of them. I once thought just like you, if Diaz could drown him with pressure and cardio, the superior Tony surely would. Who is - boxing aside - flat out better than Diaz, or at least, was better than Diaz.

But yeah, Tony appeared to be done against Justin. Either done, or a combination of overlooked him + bad style matchup. But I think being already past prime, plus that hellacious beating, he is probably done now, I doubt he is top 3 in the division anymore tbh. I think Dustin would probably dust him at this point.

As for Justin, he's looked good and much improved, but ultimately he's basic and beatable, and couldn't even beat Eddie Alvarez. I sincerely couldn't believe the amount of people picking him over Kebab. "He really has the style to beat him bruh!". Styles schmyles, he lost to Eddie fucking Alvarez. It was obvious he was nowhere near Kebab's league and the fight showed that.

Dustin has the best chance of beating Conor. I actually think Conor's performance against Kebab is overrated, and Dustin's underrated. Conor basically fought to survive, like a journeyman, cheated, did zero damage, and got tapped easily. Despite getting finished quicker, Dustin got some solid licks in, and managed to choke Kebab a bit.

Ultimately though I'd have to make Conor a slight favourite, Dustin has a habit of going the Erik Morales route of making fights much harder than they should be, the Hooker fight being a prime example, and even the Max fight to some extent. Plus Conor would have a huge mental edge, Poirier seems susceptible mentally, admitted it after their first fight, and of course that is bolstered by Conor already having a pretty easy win.

Having said that, who knows how good Conor is at this point, hard to tell from beating the shell of Donald "Let me find the nearest spot to lay down" Cerrone. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Poirier batters him.

I still think his power is incredibly overrated at 155 too. If he fought more big solid 155ers like Kebab, it would become more evident.

Conor would beat Justin and Tony, and I give him a slight edge over Dustin. I am intrigued for that matchup.

You are my boxing brother from another mother and I will always love your analyis

I have not noticed you posting enough. Maybe because I don't spend enough time in the boxing forum

I don't know why I don't, as I know much more about it than mma lol

Why the fuck do so many Americans think they're saying some deep motivational shit when all they're doing is chatting absolute nonsense.

1. It's not 'a piece of the world title'. There's no pieces, there's one whole world championship belt and the man standing across the cage from Dustin and Gaethje was the one who had it.

2. How the fuck would Justin's life have changed in the last few months if he didn't push the interim belt away?

3. 'I was in a place of gratitude'. Hahaha. Shut up.

hahahah
muricans really are these types of people

/thread

I respect Dustin’s point of view but interim belts are abominations. They shouldn’t exist.
Only in rare circumstances like extended inability to compete like Mir and the motorcycle or something else. Now the UFC fully plays into it. If the champ doesn't fight that month they roll out the interim carpet.

Well Justin made an awful lot of assumptions about Khabib ... So it's only fair same happens to him here lol

That and Justin deep down is just mad he got absolutely Knocked the FUCK out by Dustin on Dustin's road to the Championship, that and he performed WORSE than Poirier.

I like Justin, but in the end of the day, he's got a Big L to hold, until he runs it back against Dustin, which I don't think he Wins anyhow, he's gonna have to deal with the fact that he KTFO.

That and Justin deep down is just mad he got absolutely Knocked the FUCK out by Dustin on Dustin's road to the Championship, that and he performed WORSE than Poirier.

I like Justin, but in the end of the day, he's got a Big L to hold, until he runs it back against Dustin, which I don't think he Wins anyhow, he's gonna have to deal with the fact that he KTFO.
EFYZwY6XYAUjvqJ.jpeg.jpg

EH-zGFiXYAElTse.jpeg.jpg

Dustin Poirier is an absolute BEAST. Hope he shows up in the right mental space against conrat. It's all mental for him.

Dustin is low key one of the realest combatants in MMA history. He's everything you could possibly appreciate in a fighter

Conor in rd. 2
He chickened out vs Tony, and Tony put himself out there for Dustin, refusing other fights and encouraging UFC to pay Dustin.
As soon as Dustin gets the Conor fight, drops
Tony and any talk of a Tony fight like a piece of turd.

Back